What is more idiotic...

CAARHawk

Banned
Millen's comments about Ricky's ability to throw long or Bill Romanowski laughing at the Colts for picking Dallas Clark because he would never get off the line of scrimmage in the NFL?

Everytime I hear Romo, it's like he has regressed a bit mentally. I think those hits really took their affect on him, and this has nothing to do with the comments above.

I think Millen does a good job, but this comment wasn't accurate.

However, he's only ever done 3 Iowa games and Vandy played in the first. The other was Wisconsin where Ricky kept throwing the ball too far into the sideline.

And, in fairness, there were some bad deep throws by Ricky in the MSU game (the underthrown toss to DJK in the endzone and the toss to Herman that he had to come back for).

I think Millen does a good job, but this comment wasn't accurate.

However, he's only ever done 3 Iowa games and Vandy played in the first. The other was Wisconsin where Ricky kept throwing the ball too far into the sideline.

And, in fairness, there were some bad deep throws by Ricky in the MSU game (the underthrown toss to DJK in the endzone and the toss to Herman that he had to come back for).

I also like Millen and usually give announcers a break on things like this. It was a dumb statement but while we watch pretty much every Iowa play, announcers only watch a few games while getting ready for the game, and also have to be knowledgable on roughly 25 or so teams that they regularly have to cover.

Millen's comments about Ricky's ability to throw long or Bill Romanowski laughing at the Colts for picking Dallas Clark because he would never get off the line of scrimmage in the NFL?

Dallas Clark, easily. Though to be fair on that, he does get slotted out a lot, too. Obviously he has the athleticism to make that very dangerous for the defense, but it's also a great way to get less physical players off the LOS.

And Millen's comment sounded dumb because we've seen Ricky for 3 years. He HASN'T thrown the deep ball as well in the games that Millen has covered us as he usually does.

I'd have to go with Romanowski as the more idiotic.

I tend to agree with Millen, Stanzi doesn't throw a good deep ball. The receivers frequently have to slow-up or wait for the ball. I cringe when we go long (I like that we do it, I just think it's not Stanzi's forte).

Everytime I hear Romo, it's like he has regressed a bit mentally. I think those hits really took their affect on him, and this has nothing to do with the comments above.

I agree Jon. He does a fairly regular call in episode on the local sport station to which I listen. Of course you don't know how much of it is just playing the character of Romo, but he really does get rather incoherent at times. He also has a vocal characteristic that mimics some form of intoxication.

So much so that I have to turn it off. I am not of the Jack*** generation. Just can only take so much of experiencing a train wreck.

I don't know if that is from all the punishment his head took from his VERY aggressive play, or if it might be chemically induced. Both are reasonable considering his history.

I also like Millen and usually give announcers a break on things like this. It was a dumb statement but while we watch pretty much every Iowa play, announcers only watch a few games while getting ready for the game, and also have to be knowledgable on roughly 25 or so teams that they regularly have to cover.

But that's their job. They should have a pretty good understanding of the teams they are going to be announcing.

I actually think it would be a good idea for them to watch film on the teams they are talking about. If i were an announcer, and I wanted to be the best at it, I would.

Stanzi frequently throws the ball too high on deep routes. Which is what he did with DJK in the MSU game. DJK had ten steps on the defender, Ricky threw it too high and too short. Did it in the AZ game and several others. I actually think Ricky throws a better deep ball into coverage versus when the receiver has his man beat by a mile. Not a huge deal, we can all improve on something.

Stanzi frequently throws the ball too high on deep routes. Which is what he did with DJK in the MSU game. DJK had ten steps on the defender, Ricky threw it too high and too short. Did it in the AZ game and several others. I actually think Ricky throws a better deep ball into coverage versus when the receiver has his man beat by a mile. Not a huge deal, we can all improve on something.

Actually, this isn't a bad assessment. He puts a lot of touch on the ball even when it isn't necessary. He could afford to put a little more zip on the throws when the receiver is wide open. Don't throw a bullet, but don't try to drop it through a hoop, either.

Actually, this isn't a bad assessment. He puts a lot of touch on the ball even when it isn't necessary. He could afford to put a little more zip on the throws when the receiver is wide open. Don't throw a bullet, but don't try to drop it through a hoop, either.

Just a guy trying to be a little too precise......its a non-issue as far I am concerned.... Completing 68% of his passes this year up from 56% from last year.

As much as I love Stanzi, he doesn't throw the deep ball particularly well. He has completions that cover yards, but they are usually 15-20 yard routes and then the receivers do the rest. I have watched Stanzi miss on deep routes quite a bit since he came to Iowa.
The good thing is, for the most part, it's not essential that he complete a high percentage of deep balls. What's important is for him to attempt them to loosen the underneath routes.

I'm paraphrasing here...

"...That's one thing about Ricky Stanzi...he doesn't throw a great deep ball."

Yea, I caught that & I was actually going to start a thread about it. It's so obvious he hadn't done any homework & just blabbering to try & sound smart. That is one of the things that Stanzi does the best & this yrs stats show that.

He's has pretty much thrown a TD over 30 yds in every game & prob is in the top 5 in the nation with the deep ball.

It was a completely moronic statement. It is a kind of statement that announcers make because most QB's may not be successful on a deep ball so the % is that they can look really smart to viewers. I heard it & I was like WTF & he lost all credibility with me.

Another lame argument is at the end of every year when they talk about college QB's getting drafted in the NFL they always comment that "his arm strength is a concern". They don't freaking know half the time but they can come off as smart. It gets old.

Yea, I caught that & I was actually going to start a thread about it. It's so obvious he hadn't done any homework & just blabbering to try & sound smart. That is one of the things that Stanzi does the best & this yrs stats show that.

He's has pretty much thrown a TD over 30 yds in every game & prob is in the top 5 in the nation with the deep ball.

It was a completely moronic statement. It is a kind of statement that announcers make because most QB's may not be successful on a deep ball so the % is that they can look really smart to viewers. I heard it & I was like WTF & he lost all credibility with me.

Another lame argument is at the end of every year when they talk about college QB's getting drafted in the NFL they always comment that "his arm strength is a concern". They don't freaking know half the time but they can come off as smart. It gets old.

A completely moronic statement? How so? Again, you can't equate yards to deep balls. Just because he had a completion for 50 yards doesn't make it a deep ball. A lot of those have been yards after catch. If you look at Stanzi's full body of work at Iowa, the deep ball has been his least effective weapon. Now that doesn't mean that he never hits them. It just means it's a lower percentage than he(or the coaches) probably would like.

A completely moronic statement? How so? Again, you can't equate yards to deep balls. Just because he had a completion for 50 yards doesn't make it a deep ball. A lot of those have been yards after catch. If you look at Stanzi's full body of work at Iowa, the deep ball has been his least effective weapon. Now that doesn't mean that he never hits them. It just means it's a lower percentage than he(or the coaches) probably would like.

You have a point.

I think Millen and Romo are both dbags. I got to say Ricky doesn't throw the greatest deepball though. early in his career he seemed to overthrow recievers. Now it seems like he's letting the ball hang a little too much. Prob in fear of making the over throw.

Latest posts