What is going on?

The head coach will get paid either way this goes.

The NIU game was huge on so many levels to show the fan base that things are different and have truly been CLEANED UP. The product looked better than anything I saw last year but result was the same.

All I can say is the large tailgating area that was once jammed packed with people is thinning rapidly and there is absolutely no buzz and there once was. Long timers that bring their families are stating that if this season is bad then they are not coming back. This got my attention because they were serious.

This is on the brink of going Lick-ball. It is going to be more depressing to see 5-10,000 empties next year.

I hope the excuse makers and apologist are correct about a turn around. It would be great and can happen but I am not certain it will.

The head coach will get paid either way this goes.

The NIU game was huge on so many levels to show the fan base that things are different and have truly been CLEANED UP. The product looked better than anything I saw last year but result was the same.

All I can say is the large tailgating area that was once jammed packed with people is thinning rapidly and there is absolutely no buzz and there once was. Long timers that bring their families are stating that if this season is bad then they are not coming back. This got my attention because they were serious.

This is on the brink of going Lick-ball. It is going to be more depressing to see 5-10,000 empties next year.

I hope the excuse makers and apologist are correct about a turn around. It would be great and can happen but I am not certain it will.

you won't see 10k empty seats next season. you may see the student section thin, but the are morans anyway.

Apparently Ferentz said something in a summer or spring presser that led some people to belive that this is a top 10 team.

No joke, are people forgetting we were four and FREAKING 8 last year?...you don't go from 4-8 to undefeated...

Sometimes I hate our fan base.

I rarely post on here, I read it every single day but never comment. I have been a Die Hard Hawk Fan for as long as I can remember, early in the Hayden Fry era. I am not happy with the product that is being put on the field, I want to see my team win every Saturday, I want this team to be "relevant" each and every year. It is not going to happen every year. To those of you who constantly come on this board and bash this coaching staff, and you know who you are so I won't spell out names, all I can say is get a F***ing life. Those of us who enjoy our Hawks are sick of every single thread being about how much you hate this staff. We all want to win, NONE of us has ANY control over who the coaches are so quit worrying about it and start enjoying the games each Saturday, regardless of the outcome. John, isn't there some way that you can make a crybaby forum for all of these immature little crybabies?

When did, "we played pretty for a half!" become acceptable for (some) Hawkeye fans? We lost! Not OK! Slice it thin all you want, but the end result won't change. Seven straight. Trending steeply negative.

At least we're undefeated in the moral victory column.

Haven't been here since Saturday, and that was by design. I figured the usual cast of characters would be complaining about this or that no matter the result, and lo and behold I was right. Over the years I've found it's always best - although extremely difficult - to just walk away from a situation when emotions are running hot. Clarity and perspective usually comes within a day or two.

That said....Iowa did a lot of good things Saturday. The offense in the 2nd quarter was the most competent Iowa offense we've seen in a long time. Rudock made decisions that you wouldn't think a guy starting his first ever game at QB would make. Iowa actually threw it to CJF, and in the end zone to boot! A novel concept, throwing it to the guy who is probably 9 feet tall with his arms in the air.

Then the 3rd quarter happened, and the offense turned into post Penn State 2012. The false start on the QB sneak, the long bomb on 3rd and 1, the dropped screen by Bullock when he had one guy to beat and three blockers in front of him. They couldn't stay on the field to save their lives, and the defense paid the price. I can't be the only one who knew Iowa could put the game away if they could make it a two possession game, but it never happened. The Hawks had a 7 minute TOP advantage going into halftime, but NIU was able to hold on to the ball for 18 of the final 30 minutes.

So yeah, it's lather rinse repeat for this team. They're designed to play in close games, but for whatever reason can't close them out. I do think enough good things for me not to give up on this team for the year. Rudock looked good save for that last throw. Weisman averaged something like 5 yards a carry and got 100 yards. There were no negative plays for the offense.

Iowa is going to snap their losing streak on Saturday, but beating Missouri State will be like the Packers beating Joe Webb in the playoffs last year. You won...but it's Joe Webb. Iowa could win this game by 50 (sarcasm, they won't) but it's still Missouri State. The real test comes in two weeks against the tire fire in Ames. Win that game, and maybe circumstances aren't as dire as they looked Saturday night.

I rarely post on here, I read it every single day but never comment. I have been a Die Hard Hawk Fan for as long as I can remember, early in the Hayden Fry era. I am not happy with the product that is being put on the field, I want to see my team win every Saturday, I want this team to be "relevant" each and every year. It is not going to happen every year. To those of you who constantly come on this board and bash this coaching staff, and you know who you are so I won't spell out names, all I can say is get a F***ing life. Those of us who enjoy our Hawks are sick of every single thread being about how much you hate this staff. We all want to win, NONE of us has ANY control over who the coaches are so quit worrying about it and start enjoying the games each Saturday, regardless of the outcome. John, isn't there some way that you can make a crybaby forum for all of these immature little crybabies?

One of the 75%.

No joke, are people forgetting we were four and FREAKING 8 last year?...you don't go from 4-8 to undefeated...

Sometimes I hate our fan base.
Yeah, hate the fan base. The fan base are the folks who buy season tickets, merchandise, that support the Iowa Football program. But don't dare say a cross word about the coach who has allowed this program to devolve to losing seven games in a row in his 15 year. Where did you go to school when you were a child?

There is no real solace in losing to NIU (who knows if they're a "cupcake" or not, who really cares, they're from the MAC conference.) Improvement, yes. Does it matter if they lose, no. Big Ten football programs should not be treated like a second grader whose spelling is getting better (although literally still lousy). No gold stars or cute puppy dog stickers for improvement unless wins are accompanied with that improvement.

By the way, if Iowa is still raiding MAC schools of their recruits, they're stealing the wrong guys.

Yeah, hate the fan base. The fan base are the folks who buy season tickets, merchandise, that support the Iowa Football program. But don't dare say a cross word about the coach who has allowed this program to devolve to losing seven games in a row in his 15 year. Where did you go to school when you were a child?

ummm, you hate the fan base. and if you say you don't then you're a liar. you keep bringing up the 75%(several times in this thread) that don't hate KF. you constantly mock that 75%. if anyone here hates the fan base, its you, sir.

and i don't think anyone has ever said you can't say anything negative about KF or the coaches. its when you repeat the same exact things several times in several different threads that it gets old and tiring. i understand you're here to get a rise out of people(and kudos for accomplishing that), but don't talk down to people like you're a better iowa fan because you hate KF and the people that don't are morons

Because people are forced to do these things.

This man ^ Represents the Vast majority in his thought. There are 10's of thousands of Hawkeyes fans, maybe 100's of thousands. Most are not happy about the current state of things in the W/L column. However, he likely speaks for most who read, but don't post much or at all, on the board.

It will change nothing on this board but the man makes a fair point.

ummm, you hate the fan base. and if you say you don't then you're a liar. you keep bringing up the 75%(several times in this thread) that don't hate KF. you constantly mock that 75%. if anyone here hates the fan base, its you, sir.

and i don't think anyone has ever said you can't say anything negative about KF or the coaches. its when you repeat the same exact things several times in several different threads that it gets old and tiring. i understand you're here to get a rise out of people(and kudos for accomplishing that), but don't talk down to people like you're a better iowa fan because you hate KF and the people that don't are morons

Has there ever been a winner of the "who's a better fan" discussion? I think both points are valid, and by mutually burning time on this webpage, there is compelling evidence that both are the "better fans". You can support Ferentz but still be critical of his performance. Support doesn't mean unconditional support, that breeds complacency. He needs to produce winning football teams, or his days are numbered. That's the way it goes in all walks of life, the Iowa football program is no exception.

1. You have been wrong about me before and you 100% wrong about me now. I hate nobody and never will. 2. I think who ever still supports kf is foolish in that regard. They maybe great in every other part of their life, but not on this. 3. You have a point in that I maybe should not bring up the 75% or kf as much as I do. However, I am so sick of this that it's hard to remain silent about it all.

Several of you guys are spot-on. The Emperor's new clothes are beautiful...how can anyone not see that?

1. You have been wrong about me before and you 100% wrong about me now. I hate nobody and never will. 2. I think who ever still supports kf is foolish in that regard. They maybe great in every other part of their life, but not on this. 3. You have a point in that I maybe should not bring up the 75% or kf as much as I do. However, I am so sick of this that it's hard to remain silent about it all.

KF has completely left the probability space. If you cannot run the ball on 3rd &1 and pick up the first down, something is very wrong.

We all used to complain that "if something worked, Iowa abandon's it" well it just happened and the unifying link is now ONLY KF.

Fool us once...

KF called the deep ball to powell there? GD called the rest of the plays, but KF called that one play? thanks for informing me

Apparently Ferentz said something in a summer or spring presser that led some people to belive that this is a top 10 team.

I think the 4 Mil per has led some people to assume that we'd beat MAC teams at home.

gomer-pyle-surprise.jpg

Heres the thing brah. Kirk is going to be the coach here this year and next year for sure. I guaran****ingtee it for sure. So what's the point of pizzing and moaning about it? I want to see them win. Most of us here want to see us win. Kirk may not be the answer for the future, I get that. But money will keep him locked in until at least the end of 2014. With that said I just want to see the Hawks improve and show me they still have what it takes to win and I'm going to cheer for that. So you can bang the drum all you want, but in the end, it won't do a damn thing to change the situation.

And this is the problem as the program continues to go further and further into the DUMP and people are ok with KF still being here....clueless

Latest posts