What is going on?

I give up...I'll probably see you all for BBall season...unless we lose to the Fightin WhaleTigers....and then...I'm going to avoid this place like the plague.

What is really ironic is that there are so many people cryin all time about not being aggressive and playing too conservative etc and so they have some plays like the going for the TD on 3rd and 1 instead of playing it safe and running it and coming out and throwin on first down when the game is tied people absolutely flip out.
I saw a lot more from the offense in one game than all of last year. Lets say they play it safe on 3 and 1 and get stuffed, how many people would be saying "why didn't they throw it?everyone knew they were goin to run. So predictable. Same with the interception at the end, they took a chance that could have really paid off if it was a better throw.

I think the 3rd and one call was great. If Powell hadnt slowed up for a second it would have been 6. NIU was expecting run the whole way so it was set up perfectly.

The turnovers were the killer and the badly timed penalties and drops.
Not the play calling. There were a lot of errors that can be corrected. I think this team will improve a lot throughout the season.
The defensive front seven did good job. Take away the fake punt and they only allowed 121 rushing yards. Lynch only averaged 2.5 per carry.
They had no success trying to run into the interior of the defense.

Another ironic thing is that a lot of people on here were predicting 5 -6 wins for the season so I don't know why they are so shocked and mad about the loss if they were predicting the team to not be very good??

I rarely post on here, I read it every single day but never comment. I have been a Die Hard Hawk Fan for as long as I can remember, early in the Hayden Fry era. I am not happy with the product that is being put on the field, I want to see my team win every Saturday, I want this team to be "relevant" each and every year. It is not going to happen every year. To those of you who constantly come on this board and bash this coaching staff, and you know who you are so I won't spell out names, all I can say is get a F***ing life. Those of us who enjoy our Hawks are sick of every single thread being about how much you hate this staff. We all want to win, NONE of us has ANY control over who the coaches are so quit worrying about it and start enjoying the games each Saturday, regardless of the outcome. John, isn't there some way that you can make a crybaby forum for all of these immature little crybabies?

It does get old... doesn't it? They think we (the "so-called" 75%) actually like to lose. And since we still buy tickets and Iowa gear, we're the problem.

I live in Georgia... You should read the Georgia Bulldog boards after their loss to Clemson. Mark Richt has to go... same old thing every year... yada yada yada. I think some of our illustrious "25%" may also have Georgia alts.

It does get old... doesn't it? They think we (the "so-called" 75%) actually like to lose. And since we still buy tickets and Iowa gear, we're the problem.

I don't think anybody likes to lose, nor did I imply that. But to expect a different result with kf does seem kinda foolish. I'm in the same quandary. I want the hawks to win, but I want him gone. It's a conflictive statement and one that I can't completely rationalize.

I don't care about "six wins" right now or bowl eligibility. As a fan, I'm looking for improvement and a positive trend. For me, it is about getting better and learning how to win again. I think this team and this coaching staff are headed in the right direction.

I saw so many positives on Saturday, even though we lost another heartbreaker. I'm encouraged and excited about the future. We need to beat Missouri State this Saturday and continue the improvement.

There is nothing to be discouraged about, in my opinion.

I don't think anybody likes to lose, nor did I imply that. But to expect a different result with kf does seem kinda foolish. I'm in the same quandary. I want the hawks to win, but I want him gone. It's a conflictive statement and one that I can't completely rationalize.

I wasn't really pointing to you specifically, although I guess I did use your 75% reference. I get the frustration, but I just don't get that much enjoyment out of the board any more because it seems like it's just the same group of people making post after post, basically saying the same thing over and over. We get it. But when somebody posts something positive, it's bombarded with the same crap by the same group of posters. I do realize that's usually what you get on a sports forum, however.

I don't understand your dilemma. You (and me, and maybe a few others) believe KF has been slowly coaching the program into stagnation and his situational schematic / strategic gaffes, along with mis-use of personnel, directly contribute to inexplicable / inexcusable losses to inferior competition every year. If he was gone, the inherent obstacles that he (his staff) create from their eGREGarious decisions would be removed, thus, lowering the degree of difficulty to achieve success.

Freed, it's a direct, logical correlation not a conflict of rationale! Don't let these lovable rubes, with their admirable (albeit, myopic) loyalty to OUR beloved team, dumb you into second-guessing your argument.

Good thing I stepped away from here for a few days...why were so many people on the ledge? I thought the team looked MUCH better than they left last year...and I really liked a lot of things I saw from a lot of different people. A bunch of stuff to work on...sure...but hey...you have to start somewhere...and I'm fairly sure we won't play another game when the turf temp is >120 degrees...the last two drives we had guys cramping left and right.

If this team returns to the Ferentz form of improving week by week...I wouldn't want to play Iowa in the second half of the season...

Things that need to improve:
Punter: good god Kornbrath...come on man.
Defensive secondary: a few lapses cost us 3 TD's...
Some route selection...a few more intermediate looks
3rd and one bomb I didn't like...but to be fair...Powell almost made that play...man is he quick...wow.

Things I liked:
Offensive tempo
Oline and Dline played pretty well I thought...the Dline had some issues...but they contained Lynch for the most part...no 70 yard TD run...and got decent pressure...or at least more than I expected.
LB play
Mike Meyer
Rudock for the most part...really only made a few mistakes...that last pick NEVER should have been thrown...

We will see...my win total is still the same...NIU wasn't a cupcake exactly.

What's going on?
We got beat by a MAC Team yet again.
We scored only 3 points in the 2nd half.
We lost a home opner for the first time since 2000
We lost at Kinnick to a MAC team.
We have no idea how to defend a fake punt.
We pay our KF Top ten $$$ and we get Bottom 10 results.
Other than that things are great!

And this is the problem as the program continues to go further and further into the DUMP and people are ok with KF still being here....clueless

There is a difference with being OK with Kirk and knowing there isn't a damn thing you or I can do about it. Unless you are the heir to the Krause estate or your last name is Rastetter sit down and deal with it.

There is a difference with being OK with Kirk and knowing there isn't a damn thing you or I can do about it. Unless you are the heir to the Krause estate or your last name is Rastetter sit down and deal with it.

I've been thinking about your point for a while. My conclusion is this: if you can't b-tch about kf here, what's the point in talking about the rest of the program? He's at the top of it. Stockholders b-tch about the ceo when the company stock tanks.

I've been thinking about your point for a while. My conclusion is this: if you can't b-tch about kf here, what's the point in talking about the rest of the program? He's at the top of it. Stockholders b-tch about the ceo when the company stock tanks.

This is true. Here's the thing brah. When it comes to shareholders, the guys that own millions of shares are the ones the CEO listens to, not the office worker that owns a few handful of shares in his 401k portfolio. No different in college football. Unless the big donors are raising a stink, it doesn't matter what the smaller donors are saying.

Otherwise though, b-tch away I suppose. If it makes your life a little easier to live each day then I'm all for it.

This is true. Here's the thing brah. When it comes to shareholders, the guys that own millions of shares are the ones the CEO listens to, not the office worker that owns a few handful of shares in his 401k portfolio. No different in college football. Unless the big donors are raising a stink, it doesn't matter what the smaller donors are saying.

Otherwise though, b-tch away I suppose. If it makes your life a little easier to live each day then I'm all for it.

I realize now my analogy wasn't a good one.

I realize now my analogy wasn't a good one.

I've been there Freed, recently. I missed the mark on my analogy. To be fair, for whatever reason you don't bother me as much with the KF issues, I think it's because you've been consistant. But don't feed the other clowns please.

Latest posts