What I'm hearing on transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is TL's plan? I see no growth from last years squad to this years...Be honest would you stay at this program? There has to be more going on inside we don't know about.

Why would any kid make his intentions made this early into a season? I guess Lick really doesn't have a choice of who to play or not but it seems weird to me that a player would say hey coach I'm gone at the end of the year. If three more players leave or are thinking of leaving Barta is going to have to pull the plug on Lick and try to get a coach in here that can make the current players stay and keep the recruits commited. I like Lick but there is no chance for him to stay if 2-3 players ayear keep leaving.

I am pretty connected to the current staff and team. I donate quite a bit of money and go to all home and away games. It sounds like we will be losing three players the end of the current season. It's a shame but we will get through it.
I hope the staff can land a couple of quality guards and a big this spring.

Why even post this? stupid.

Why would any kid make his intentions made this early into a season? I guess Lick really doesn't have a choice of who to play or not but it seems weird to me that a player would say hey coach I'm gone at the end of the year. If three more players leave or are thinking of leaving Barta is going to have to pull the plug on Lick and try to get a coach in here that can make the current players stay and keep the recruits commited. I like Lick but there is no chance for him to stay if 2-3 players a year keep leaving.

Not to be a jerk but what is there to like about him? He's not a bad guy from what I see but he's not getting the job done on the court. What will the fanbase be like if they have another year like this or last year? I think you said it very well.

I was just passing along what I have heard as other people have been talking about possible transfers on the various Hawkeye message boards including this one. I have pretty solid sources. Sorry that it upset you.

If these three have allegedly already made it know that they are transferring, then there really shouldn't be an issue with you naming names!!!

Brommer yes or no
Tucker yes or no
Fuller yes or no

I was just passing along what I have heard as other people have been talking about possible transfers on the various Hawkeye message boards including this one. I have pretty solid sources. Sorry that it upset you.

I heard one was Gatens; doesn't want to waste his last two years rebuilding...Any truth?

Interesting...this post has all the making of a MontyBurns drive-by on Cyclone Fanatic. Say something that you can't prove, but that you know will get a lot of responses, and then just sit back and watch.

Exactly. A guy simply claims that he's connected and it spawns a page-plus of posts presuming his veracity.

Here's one hint I would give those who are looking for ways of culling the credible from the rest:

People who are genuinely connected to one of the major sports programs generally do not come to message boards trumpeting it as such.

Also, people who donate substantial sums to the athletic programs generally don't throw that out there as an indication of credibility. Lots of people who donate generously to the programs don't have any better information about what's going on that the average guy on the street.

Maybe Doc Gasser is the exception to these general truths, and maybe we are at risk of losing multiple transfers. However, if and when I come to buy that idea, it won't be because of a drive-by post like this.

Exactly. A guy simply claims that he's connected and it spawns a page-plus of posts presuming his veracity.

Here's one hint I would give those who are looking for ways of culling the credible from the rest:

People who are genuinely connected to one of the major sports programs generally do not come to message boards trumpeting it as such.

Also, people who donate substantial sums to the athletic programs generally don't throw that out there as an indication of credibility. Lots of people who donate generously to the programs don't have any better information about what's going on that the average guy on the street.

Maybe Doc Gasser is the exception to these general truths, and maybe we are at risk of losing multiple transfers. However, if and when I come to buy that idea, it won't be because of a drive-by post like this.

I disagree...they probably don't post, but they read what is written.

So on the one hand you tell us you're "just passing along" what you've read in other message board chatter, and on the other hand you try to tell us you have "pretty solid sources."

Please. Come back when you actually know something other than what you read, you putz.

They would still be here if they weren't trouble makers. Todd is building something special and when he's finished Hawkeye fans are going to be thrilled!
This is it! Go Hawks!

I was thrilled under Mr. Davis, haven't been since then, and this Lick guy has completely turned me off of Ia BB :mad:

So on the one hand you tell us you're "just passing along" what you've read in other message board chatter, and on the other hand you try to tell us you have "pretty solid sources."

Please. Come back when you actually know something other than what you read, you putz.

Really uncalled for. The simple truth is that where there is smoke there is usually fire....especially with this program recently. I've heard from several people that there will be transfers (yes on message boards). I also have heard from several of Tucker's friends (that I personally know) that he is telling them he will be gone next year.

I'm passing along what I have heard from my sources. It's also been talked about on three of the Hawkeye message boards. Sorry if my post was confusing.
Not sure why you had to call me a putz. Was that necessary?

I'm passing along what I have heard from my sources. It's also been talked about on three of the Hawkeye message boards. Sorry if my post was confusing.
Not sure why you had to call me a putz. Was that necessary?

Because it looks like you signed up on this website just to pass along what could be bad news? Even though you have no way to claim that you're "connected," or what you're saying is actually true?

Because it looks like you signed up on this website just to pass along what could be bad news? Even though you have no way to claim that you're "connected," or what you're saying is actually true?

Based off Licks track record, the season so far, and the multiple posters that have posted on separate boards that there will be transfers....what makes you think this isn't true?

Would it be suprising if it was? This is what the Msg boards are all about. So what if they leave we aint winning a National Title in the next 10 yrs anyway. Let hope they leave and and take TL with them.

The previous two years, we have heard similiar rumblings, and of course, everybody comes out and starts attacking the person who brings it up, calling them names, questioning a person's # of posts, etc. And you know what? Those things seem to have been coming true. Freeman, Kelly, etc. We heard rumors about it, and then they did actually transfer, so that wasn't exactly bad information.

I'm taking this information with a serious grain of salt of course, and am considering it to be nothing more than rumor until something like this actually happens. But I'm not exactly dismissing it, either.

Based off Licks track record, the season so far, and the multiple posters that have posted on separate boards that there will be transfers....what makes you think this isn't true?

I am sorry but it is going to be a common theme here at Iowa. I am sorry i was lick's biggest fan when he got hired, I seriously thought he was gonna turn our program around and make it into a serious threat to win Big 10 titles and NCAA titles.

Sadly that has not happened, and the only reason I see it, is TL is just not our guy. He is left Butler for what he thought would be a good turn-around story, but it hasn't happened yet. He has made some poor hires for Assistant coaches, He has also made some strange recruiting deals, I don't know what he saw in Fuller, Brommer, and some other?

I think if these players do transfer, then its see-ya later TL. If i were barta, i would sit TL down and let him know, if any transfers or anything happens, you are gone. Put a little fire underneath his @ss, he never shows any emmotion when he is coaching, (has the guy ever gotten a technical foul?) Seriously i want to see some chair throwing, I want to see some fire coming off the bench. Because right now, he just seems to be happy with what is going on, and it looks like he doesn't care about the results!

I know one thing, its gonna be a long season this year, and if it doesn't turn around, I am all for a new hire! We need to get someone in here who can flat out coach and recruit (what about one of Duke or UNC Assistant coaches?) That is where Iowa needs to look to next! Not to some mid-major coach, they need to go after an assistant who has been with a winning program for a while!

to be fair...Hawkeye Nation went down the other day and they lost data and registered users. lots of people will look like they just joined because of this. Miller posted an article on it.

to be fair...Hawkeye Nation went down the other day and they lost data and registered users. lots of people will look like they just joined because of this. Miller posted an article on it.

I have well over 3000 posts on the old web site, and I have absolutely NO inside information, and am not the biggest basketball knowitall in the world. I am just a rabid Hawkeye fan. No more, no less. Post count doesn't mean a whole lot in terms of someone's knowledge or lack thereof, IMO. I'm a prime example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts