What does each Big 10 team lose?

WindsorHawk

I only listed players that averaged at least 4 ppg. I have listed underclassmen that may not return next year...could be more or less.

MSU - Goins, McQuaid, Winston (JR), Ward (JR)
PUR - Cline, Eifert, Edwards (JR)
MI - Matthews, Brusdeikus (FR)
WI - Happ, Iverson
MD - Bender, Terrell, Fernando (SO)
IA - Baer, Cook (JR)
MN - McBrayer, Murphy, Coffey (JR)
OSU - Jackson, Woods
IN - Morgan, Langford (FR)
PSU - Reaves, Stevens (JR)
IL - Jordan
RUT - None
NE - Copeland, Palmer, Watson
NW - Law, Pardon, Taylor

I only listed players that averaged at least 4 ppg. I have listed underclassmen that may not return next year...could be more or less.

WI - Happ, Iverson
IA - Baer, Cook (JR)
OSU - Jackson, Woods
IL - Jordan
RUT - None
NW - Law, Pardon, Taylor

Technically just Baer.
Cook is expected to go but as of now he has another year. Iowa is in a very good position. Losing almost nothing and bringing in a pair of 4-stars. They should be better next year. But as I've said elsewhere, if we aren't that won't phase Barta.

WI - Happ, Iverson
IA - Baer, Cook (JR)
OSU - Jackson, Woods
IL - Jordan
RUT - None
NW - Law, Pardon, Taylor
Ayo Dosunmu on Illinois is a projected 1st round pick, so pretty good chance he goes

Technically just Baer.
Cook is expected to go but as of now he has another year. Iowa is in a very good position. Losing almost nothing and bringing in a pair of 4-stars. They should be better next year. But as I've said elsewhere, if we aren't that won't phase Barta.

JT is a 4* now? I just don't see PM making any kind of significant contribution for at least a few years. He is the skinniest B1G player I've ever seen. With what the officials let go in conference play PM might not make it through league play. So basically we'll be putting all our eggs in JN's development this past year. Or JT is an absolute diamond in the rough. Fran should've cut the fat last year and addressed our perennial deficiencies with him as our coach. That includes coaching.

Isaiah Roby on Nebraska has a chance to go.

Teske at Michigan may have some potential as well at 7’1 with a good shooting touch.

Jalen Smith at Maryland might go early.

I think Winston and Ward are back, neither have a ton of pro potential for how good of college players they are.

Those would be huge losses for Minnesota if Coffey leaves early. And there's a fourth player Eric Curry who, like Cordell Pemsl, has battled one injury after another and may be one more from hanging it up.

Setting aside new recruits and assuming only Fernando and Langford...both projected 1st round...leave early, this is my best guess at order of finish.

MSU
MI
PUR
IA
MD

PSU
RUT
OSU
IL
WI
IN

MN
NW
NE

Last edited:
Coffey has been hot lately. If he can keep it going and get a little postseason exposure he may go...stock on the rise.

It won’t surprise me if Edwards goes. I suspect he thinks he’s ready.

Cook and Ward both entered for evaluation last year and returned. Are players allowed to do this more than once? If not I think they both go.

Winston was POY. His stock won’t go higher. I have to think he enters for evaluation at the very least.

Setting aside new recruits and assuming only Fernando and Langford...both projected 1st round...leave early, this is my best guess at order of finish.

MSU
MI
PUR
IA
MD

PSU
RUT
OSU
IL
WI
IN

MN
NW
NE
Wisconsin is way too low. Happ hasn’t even played that well recently and they’ve still got it done. With the defense they play zero chance they finish that low.

Wisconsin is way too low. Happ hasn’t even played that well recently and they’ve still got it done. With the defense they play zero chance they finish that low.
We’ll see. Happ is a major factor on both ends. And those shooters won’t have much room with him gone. Also...to be honest...I don’t know which team(s) I would drop lower. Thoughts?

We’ll see. Happ is a major factor on both ends. And those shooters won’t have much room with him gone. Also...to be honest...I don’t know which team(s) I would drop lower. Thoughts?
A lot to shake out over the offseason.

My guess ILL, Rutgers, Penn State, Ohio State, likely Iowa. I suspect UW will be better than all those teams.

MSU
MI
PUR
IA
MD

PSU
RUT
OSU
IL
WI
IN

MN
NW
NE

Your optomism is refreshing!

Technically just Baer.

Are we bringing up defensive help, or more of the same? We hear Toussaint is an upgrade.

Technically just Baer.

I'm gonna really miss Baer!