What does each Big 10 team lose?

This is a dumb exercise without an analysis of the incoming freshman. Just looking at the players leaving with B1G without also looking at the incoming players is pointless. Some of those incoming freshman will have major impacts.

This is a dumb exercise without an analysis of the incoming freshman. Just looking at the players leaving with B1G without also looking at the incoming players is pointless. Some of those incoming freshman will have major impacts.

I would rather have some information than no information tho. I like this thread. Especially when guys start declaring for the NBA. It gives a place to post it

I’m starting to think Jordan Poole at Michigan might go. He’s got an NBA game.

I don’t think Ward it Winston will so Sparty should be very tough next year. Those guys just don’t have a lot of pro potential. Winston not athletic enough as Ward not tall enough.

Carsen Edwards at Purdue will be interesting. He doesn’t have the size to play the NBA SG position which is where he plays at Purdue. He might go for it, but at best he’d be a 2nd rounder.

I would rather have some information than no information tho. I like this thread. Especially when guys start declaring for the NBA. It gives a place to post it

But it's not real, you've got to know what each team has coming in. Heck the incoming players may be better than the ones each team is losing.

But it's not real, you've got to know what each team has coming in. Heck the incoming players may be better than the ones each team is losing.

You're doing that typically American thing of bitching because something isn't what YOU would do. So go ahead and answer your own question providing data in this thread or start another. But you won't will you, you lazy m**********r

B4 we start bumping Iowa up into the 3rd or 4th finish we all want them to, recall the recruiting classes most of these B1G teams had. If memory serves, 6,7 or 8 teams had TOP 50 recruiting. Now they will have had a year of chemistry and playing with teammates.
I will agree, the league loses a bunch of talent this year and us, not so much, but in this league, talent edges out experience, and we all know the talent level Iowa generally has, year in and year out. I posted earlier, that if we didn't get it down e this year, next year might be too late. We'll see.

Serious question. What did you think the content of this thread would be? I do this every year because I look at this stuff and other people are interested. So I share it.

Is it dumber for me to post information I already have which is of interest to some posters or for you to open the thread knowing what it contains? Or to then post multiple times within the thread?

Edit - Freshmen may or may not contribute right away. Guys that have proven they can contribute have shown they have value. And they have Big 10 experience which is a lot different than high school or AAU.

If someone starts a thread listing what each team has coming in I will read it. I would find that to be interesting. But I’m not interested enough to seek out the information myself...partially because it is subjective.

Serious question. What did you think the content of this thread would be? I do this every year because I look at this stuff and other people are interested. So I share it.

Is it dumber for me to post information I already have which is of interest to some posters or for you to open the thread knowing what it contains? Or to then post multiple times within the thread?

Edit - Freshmen may or may not contribute right away. Guys that have proven they can contribute have shown they have value. And they have Big 10 experience which is a lot different than high school or AAU.
I always like this thread Windsor, keep it up.

It’s especially interesting to see which seniors are finally done. I have a hard time believing Minny can replace Murphy’s production with a recruit, same with Happ at UW.

Nebraska and NW appear to be in a world of hurt even if they bring in some good freshman.

If someone starts a thread listing what each team has coming in I will read it. I would find that to be interesting. But I’m not interested enough to seek out the information myself...partially because it is subjective.

I would also like that thread. I'm kinda hoping this thread kicks someone in the butt enough to start it. You're right tho that its subjective. The recruiting services say it's unlikely that we have the best point guard recruit coming in, but it doesn't mean its impossible. For all we know, Joe T will be the best incoming freshman in the conference. Again, it's highly unlikely, but we dont know for sure yet.

What if Joe T is Trey Burke and Patrick is Aaron White?

You're doing that typically American thing of bitching because something isn't what YOU would do. So go ahead and answer your own question providing data in this thread or start another. But you won't will you, you lazy m**********r

Yep, I'm definitely lazy. I don't mean to come across as an asshole but both together would be awesome.

Yep, I'm definitely lazy. I don't mean to come across as an asshole but both together would be awesome.

Yes it would be. Then people could add highlight videos and articles on all the big recruits from different schools. People could watch them and give their opinions on how much each recruit would help each team. All that info along with the info that this thread already provides would be great for predicting next year. That thread would be the best thread on this site. As long as someone else does all the work because I'm also lazy.

The content is exactly what I thought it would be but the information is about worthless without knowing the incoming freshman. Perhaps I'm wrong but it appears you are trying to build a case where Iowa should be in better shape because other teams are losing these X amount of players while Iowa is losing very little.

For example, MSU (as someone has already pointed out) never rebuilds. Heck they could lose every starter to the NBA and they would have 5 star recruits in to replace them.

I now realize my original comments came across as a real jerk, it was far to early for me to be posting on a Monday without my first cup of tea in me.

Sound familiar? I think the sentiment was the same when Kaminsky left.
True but adding an improved Iverson and Happ helps with that... Not sure what they have in the hopper coming up next but they always seem to have some good players. If they were to take a step back it'd be no surprise but yet them doing well shouldn't be one either.

The content is exactly what I thought it would be but the information is about worthless without knowing the incoming freshman. Perhaps I'm wrong but it appears you are trying to build a case where Iowa should be in better shape because other teams are losing these X amount of players while Iowa is losing very little.

For example, MSU (as someone has already pointed out) never rebuilds. Heck they could lose every starter to the NBA and they would have 5 star recruits in to replace them.

I now realize my original comments came across as a real jerk, it was far to early for me to be posting on a Monday without my first cup of tea in me.
It’s truly not intended to make Iowa look good. I will create this thread again next year when Iowa loses a ton.

I think Michigan and Michigan State should be in the top 3 every preseason. They have great coaches and get great recruits. I just assume they will be Tier 1 teams.

I thought Rutgers and Penn State improved significantly as the year progressed. They “could” be top 6 teams next year if all eligible players return. Illinois has a lot coming back and also improved. They will win their share.

Wisconsin won’t plug in anyone to replace Happ IMO. If Wisconsin finishes top 4 next year I will have to give up trying to evaluate them. Also, Minnesota won’t plug in anyone to replace Murphy IMO.

NW finished last and loses their top players...looks like last again next year. Nebraska should be keeping them company at the bottom.

Bottom line for me...Iowa can compete for a 4th to 6th type finish. But we have to get better. If we don’t improve then we could slip a bit. There’s not much margin for error.

Think Indiana. That sweep had us in and them out. Are we both on the bubble with a split? Is it safe to assume an Indiana sweep has them in and us in the NIT...seems probable to me.

All of this is just good for thought and my personal opinion.

Last edited: