What does each Big 10 team lose?

If Cook comes back, we can be a Sweet 16 team next year!

Not if he's used ( allowed :mad:) the same way as the last 10 games of this season.

Cook finished the season with team-leading averages of 14.5ppg / 7.6 rpg - respectable.
Thru the first 25 games, the team was 20-5 and he was going 16.3ppg / 8.1 rpg

The last 10, he was 10.3 ppg / 6.5 rpg. (including 18 / 8 in the last really good reg season W at Indy)

The team beat Cinci and damn-near Tennessee with him going 5 / 5 and 11 / 2, respectively. The team fell apart when he started playing perimeter / top-of-key picks. They regrouped to be competitive against high-level opponents with him making bench-level contributions.

Garza, Kriener (and, hopefully, Nunge / Pemsl) will easily fill his void and be more reliable / less liability.

The key guy who needs to return is Moss. At least he elevated / expanded his game this season with his ability to drive and finish. If he takes another step (or, just stays consistent with both the drive and shooting), he's going to be a big contributor.

I also expect Jo-Vies to elevate to a leadership role, where, as a Frosh, there were times he may have been hesitant to take over. I can easily see him going from his 11 / 5 avg to 14 / 7 - which is exactly where Cook ended up.

It’s truly not intended to make Iowa look good. I will create this thread again next year when Iowa loses a ton.

The intent is to make comparisons right?

It is what you are doing here:

I think Michigan and Michigan State should be in the top 3 every preseason. They have great coaches and get great recruits. I just assume they will be Tier 1 teams.

I thought Rutgers and Penn State improved significantly as the year progressed. They “could” be top 6 teams next year if all eligible players return. Illinois has a lot coming back and also improved. They will win their share.

Wisconsin won’t plug in anyone to replace Happ IMO. If Wisconsin finishes top 4 next year I will have to give up trying to evaluate them. Also, Minnesota won’t plug in anyone to replace Murphy IMO.

NW finished last and loses their top players...looks like last again next year. Nebraska should be keeping them company at the bottom.

Bottom line for me...Iowa can compete for a 4th to 6th type finish. But we have to get better. If we don’t improve then we could slip a bit. There’s not much margin for error.

Think Indiana. That sweep had us in and them out. Are we both on the bubble with a split? Is it safe to assume an Indiana sweep has them in and us in the NIT...seems probable to me.

All of this is just good for thought and my personal opinion.

HawkeyeDug posted a spreadsheet listing all the incoming recruits. It should be fairly easy to list what each team loses compared to what they have coming in.

After seeing what each team loses and what each team is getting I think Iowa is going to be an upper division team. I don't see them competing for the conference title but they should be in the mix for the top 4. I feel this way with or without Cook.

Sound familiar? I think the sentiment was the same when Kaminsky left.

Shit I'm being saying that same kind of thing since Tucker left the program over a decade ago. Whoever they lose they always seem to have someone else developing.

With the way they play defense they can get away with having middling offensive teams.

Not if he's used ( allowed :mad:) the same way as the last 10 games of this season.

Cook finished the season with team-leading averages of 14.5ppg / 7.6 rpg - respectable.
Thru the first 25 games, the team was 20-5 and he was going 16.3ppg / 8.1 rpg

The last 10, he was 10.3 ppg / 6.5 rpg. (including 18 / 8 in the last really good reg season W at Indy)

The team beat Cinci and damn-near Tennessee with him going 5 / 5 and 11 / 2, respectively. The team fell apart when he started playing perimeter / top-of-key picks. They regrouped to be competitive against high-level opponents with him making bench-level contributions.

Garza, Kriener (and, hopefully, Nunge / Pemsl) will easily fill his void and be more reliable / less liability.

The key guy who needs to return is Moss. At least he elevated / expanded his game this season with his ability to drive and finish. If he takes another step (or, just stays consistent with both the drive and shooting), he's going to be a big contributor.

I also expect Jo-Vies to elevate to a leadership role, where, as a Frosh, there were times he may have been hesitant to take over. I can easily see him going from his 11 / 5 avg to 14 / 7 - which is exactly where Cook ended up.
I agree about Moss. It’s a guards-game these days. Would love Moss to return and average 12-15 a game as a senior and really up his stock for playing some type of pro ball