What do you like about Iowa basketball right now

I love the fact that on most nights, these guys give 3 times the effort as most teams in the conference. And the fact that most games we manage to keep close until the last 4-5 minutes. We just need a little more talent and need to learn how to win.

I like seeing improvement from Fuller in his game and him getting bulked up in the summer. He has a lot of upside. I would like to see the same for Cougil.

Gatens is Gatens. Which I like.

Cully has started to get to the basket, but needs to finish. He looks to have more confidence in driving to the hole.

May's athleticism is very impressive to me. If he works on his shot in the summer and his ball handling he will be a stud.

Hope of the incoming recruiting class to affect next years team. I think one of the main things will be that practices should be more competitive. Not having good players on the bench to practice against hurts. Should change next year.

I like that we are improving throughout the season. I like that our guys are going be a year older. I like getting a practice facility. I like that our fanbase can pause for a moment and find some positives even in the midst of a terrible year.

I like the following:

1) The play of Fuller. That kid is a baller.
2) That Gatens hasn't left the program. This goes for all of kids on the roster but I feel that if Gatens were to leave the wheels, the engine, the doors and window would fall off the bus.
3) I've liked our play at times. Even though I'm a big doubter of Lick and his system, there are times that we seem to be very competitive with some big time teams (Texas, MSU to name two). This gives me about the only hope that I have left in the Lick program.
4) I like the younger guys like Payne getting a ton of experience. Most of the kids are Fresh and Sophs so that bodes well for the next two or so years assuming there is a recruiting class that can help.
5) I like that Lick's contract is one year closer to being up.

1. Our road unis look badass
2. Cully Payne & Eric May
3. Messageboard meltdowns & borderline psychotic poop-flinging
4. Aaron Fuller
5. Matt Gatens' scowl

I like most of these players even though almost every player is a sixth man or less on other Big 10 teams:

This is what I would like:
I would like to see Big lick removed, fired, have him step down, whatever (and maybe Barta)...

I would like to see a new coach recruit a playmaking point and a true big man to go with these guys, something big lick hasn't/can't do...

I would like to see the new coach abandon this idiotic "system" than big lick has brought to Iowa and let these guys begin to play bb again at their positions, especially at the post...let the players have fun playing bb again...

With the core players we have who are not 'go to' players, a real point guard and big man would make all the difference...

The uptempo game would bring excitement back to Carver and would be fun to watch, the new coach would bring excitement...

- I like the core players on this team and the optimism of what they could achieve with the proper pieces in place.

- I can now get exceptional parking spaces for games, even the handicap spots are available.*

- I get a front row seat every game even with my $25 bargain ticket price.*

- I no longer have to "hold it in" while waiting for long que lines to the restroom or concessions.*

- I have much more leg room and no longer have to be rude and obstruct other fans' views of the game while getting to my seat.*

- I can just whisper across Carver to get the attention of a friend so that I no longer disturb those sleeping next to me.*

*These statements are called sarcastic humor and it has become clear recently some don't view these types of statements as humor. I just wanted to make this a disclaimer to avoid offending anyone. Thank you.

I don't like that when you fart, everyone knows it's you and the action stops on the court as everyone turns to give you "that look"...:eek:

I really like May, he is flat out fun to watch. In a freer system, his potential would be a bigger joy to watch. This year will give him a great baseline to motivate him to work on needed to improve skills.

I really like Gatens, tough as nails, leadership and heart, plus very nice skills.

I like Payne, as with May, this year will benefit him as he works in the off season. He will be a nice PG.

I Fuller, the upside is just beginning to be realized, and again, a more free system would highlight his skills.

Cole is tough, works hard, leads with heart.

Cougill has some nice skills, but really needs to get in shape, get stronger, move his feet much better.

Brommer has blips that look intriguing, now if we could see some extended time on the court. He looks like a better fit in a system that actually values a post game.

I hope Brust and Marble are able to take it strong off the dribble, add dimension to the team, that Larson is able to play inside strong and be athletic enough to create matchup issues, and that McCabe is a traditional multi dimensional IOWA kid like Settles, Brunner, Street...and hard nosed.

That I will be able to tell my grand kids someday that the three years that I was a student at the U of I were the three worst years in Iowa Basketball history.

I like:
(1) We are losing nothing, even if none of the incoming freshmen play a minute we'll still be better than we are this year and we aren't that far off from being good
(2) the look of this incoming class
(3) thinking about all the Lick haters eating crow for the next few seasons

I like the fact that just about everyone has something positive to say. I enjoy watching Cully play, Cole battle, May being May, Fuller developing a nice post game, Cougill's shot and the over all team rebounding has improved.

Latest posts