What Are Your Thoughts on Continuing Iowa-ISU FB Series?

Your Vote on Iowa-ISU FB Series

• KEEP IT! It's great

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • It's not imperative, but I'd like it to stay

Votes: 30 23.4%
  • I don't care one way or the other

Votes: 24 18.8%
  • It's not imperative, but I'd like it to go away

Votes: 13 10.2%
  • GET RID OF IT!

Votes: 29 22.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If the clowns insist on keeping the game then play it every year in Kinnick. There is ZERO reason for us to play in Lames in today's landscape.

Play it until we win another 5 or 6 or 7 in a row and then dump it. I really think it would look bad to dump it when we are not dominating the series.

How many posters on here have said something to the effect of "Nebraska was all too happy to schedule us until Hayden beat them and then they wimped out." Well, that is how dumping ISU at this point would look, in my opinion.

Subjectively, the series is fun and creates buzz for both teams, but it will always feel like a lose/break-even for the Iowa Hawkeyes.

Objectively, the series perpetuates in-state hatred and could be used towards another home game. The money "stays in state" but doesn't bring in any cheeks, eyeballs, or money from anywhere else, like another home game with an out-of-state team would. At its best, it's radio/message board fodder that fuels the fans, regardless that they don't need fueling. At its worst, it divides an already small and divided state without bringing in foreign revenue.

Subjectively, the series is fun and creates buzz for both teams, but it will always feel like a lose/break-even for the Iowa Hawkeyes.

Objectively, the series perpetuates in-state hatred and could be used towards another home game. The money "stays in state" but doesn't bring in any cheeks, eyeballs, or money from anywhere else, like another home game with an out-of-state team would. At its best, it's radio/message board fodder that fuels the fans, regardless that they don't need fueling. At its worst, it divides an already small and divided state without bringing in foreign revenue.

Who is this "HawkeyeNation" person who hasn't posted since 2010? Is it JonDMiller in disguise, or... a mysterious imposter from Charlotte, North Carolina?

Dump it. Does nothing for Iowa to play in it. Same goes for bball vs UNI and Drake.

Why does it do nothing for Iowa? If they win, its a win over a BIG 12 team. Looks better on the resume than a win over a cupcake or a loss for that matter. Who would you want to replace ISU with? Fill that space with a cupcake or take the chance like Nebraska did with USC and get **** pounded by an upper level school.

I personally think it will continue until odd conference scheduling eliminates it.

Why does it do nothing for Iowa? If they win, its a win over a BIG 12 team. Looks better on the resume than a win over a cupcake or a loss for that matter. Who would you want to replace ISU with? Fill that space with a cupcake or take the chance like Nebraska did with USC and get **** pounded by an upper level school.

I personally think it will continue until odd conference scheduling eliminates it.

With all the momentum Rhodes is building over there I don't think it will be much longer before ISU qualifies as an upper level school.

College football is now all about the money. Iowa would generate far more revenue by playing a MAC team at Kinnick than they would by playing in Ames.

Agree here.

Removing this game would hurt ISU more than Iowa - financially speaking. Folly charges what - $95 to go to the iowa/clown game? and iowa does not reciprocate this act. I say stop the game and stop feeding their program with IA money. With IA and NE off their schedule, that can't be good for them.

the isu game for iowa is just like the uni game for iowa state - a no win. win the game - big deal, you were supposed to. lose the game, and oh boy, you such!

Agree here.

Removing this game would hurt ISU more than Iowa - financially speaking. Folly charges what - $95 to go to the iowa/clown game? and iowa does not reciprocate this act. I say stop the game and stop feeding their program with IA money. With IA and NE off their schedule, that can't be good for them.

Its extra cash, but whoever we would pick up would still have a solid turnout. Its not like dropping Iowa would bankrupt us.

It does nothing because if we lose its a loss vs a .500 team which is damning. A win vs a .500 team does nothing for us either. Bad loss and average win. I'd rather get my *** handed to me vs a good team. Would at least prepare us for the B1G.

Personally, I would like to see it turn into a marquee game after a few years with both teams being ranked in the Top 25 when the game is played. It would be nice to get some national attention that focuses on how seriously our state takes this game, but it probably won't happen early in the season until both teams have had a few pretty good years, consecutively and simultaneously. Actually, it probably won't ever happen, but it was nice dreaming for a few minutes.

It does nothing because if we lose its a loss vs a .500 team which is damning. A win vs a .500 team does nothing for us either. Bad loss and average win. I'd rather get my *** handed to me vs a good team. Would at least prepare us for the B1G.

Well in that same vein, you'd have to cancel most of your season then. We are a big 12 team, a loss to us is better than a loss to CMU. Your argument is silly.

Personally, I would like to see it turn into a marquee game after a few years with both teams being ranked in the Top 25 when the game is played. It would be nice to get some national attention that focuses on how seriously our state takes this game, but it probably won't happen early in the season until both teams have had a few pretty good years, consecutively and simultaneously. Actually, it probably won't ever happen, but it was nice dreaming for a few minutes.

This would be awesome.

Latest posts