What are your expectations for the NW game?

hawkeye12345

We will have 9 days to rest, mend and prepare for the NW game. NW will be heading in to the game 17-10 (6-9) in 7th or 8th place (depends on Michigan) in the Big10 with really no shot of making it to the NCAAs. They will be on a 4 day rest, we will be on a 9 day rest.

What do you expect to see from the Hawkeyes?

A lot of slow white guys shooting three pointers.

Wow, I can get being negative about things that have actually gone wrong, but crap like this just takes cynicism to a whole new level.

I expect to see a win. Northwestern, having lost 3 of their last 4 (and the one win by 3 over an average at best Minnesota team at home), will probably come out pretty flat. I can't imagine that they still feel they can make the NCAA tourney at this point without winning the BTT. Iowa will have had the rest to let their legs get fresh again, and it'll have let Gatens ankle and Cully's elbow heal up. This team is really starting to find itself, I think, and I could easily see them taking three of the last four games. Wisconsin at the Kohl Center, not a chance. But the other three games are all VERY winnable.

We will show up, play lights out(for us anway) in the first half and lead by 10 at halftime. Second half will be back and forth and we will cough up a five point lead with 90 seconds to go only to regain a two point lead with ten seconds left.....long enough for NW to drive the length of the floor and shoot a game winning three with .2 seconds left

Our fresh legs should help, but NW is a better team in that little gym of theirs, and I think that they will figure out a way to keep us from going 12 of 24 from three.
Close game...Iowa wins 59-57....but it will not be easy.

Too long a layoff. NW puts a finger in their sieve-like defense. Iowa doesn't shoot well. Hard-fought game. Lose by 4.

I think iowa will come out on top. Are bodies will be fresh and that will give us the advantage. I also think we will at 3 more games this year.
GO HAWKS

On the road, a long layoff i can see the Hawks coming out flat and then making a run late in the second half to only lose by 5-8pts.

Too long of a lay off without competition this time of year. We come out flat, Lick starts gettin pissy, guys start to question on the road. Iowa loses 75-58...Northwestern is not a bad team at all. They will be playing for some sort of post season bid.

Wow, I can get being negative about things that have actually gone wrong, but crap like this just takes cynicism to a whole new level.

I expect to see a win. Northwestern, having lost 3 of their last 4 (and the one win by 3 over an average at best Minnesota team at home), will probably come out pretty flat. I can't imagine that they still feel they can make the NCAA tourney at this point without winning the BTT. Iowa will have had the rest to let their legs get fresh again, and it'll have let Gatens ankle and Cully's elbow heal up. This team is really starting to find itself, I think, and I could easily see them taking three of the last four games. Wisconsin at the Kohl Center, not a chance. But the other three games are all VERY winnable.

A lot of slow white guys shooting three pointers.

some people think they are clever..........they are not.

I see two evenly athletically matched teams like last time so it should be a good game. It will be a difficult game for Iowa because it is a road game.

Both teams will look stellar on defense and offense because they will match up so well against each other. Neither team will have an opposing player that will be able to break down their player at will and take the ball to the basket whenever they want like with players on the more talented teams.

The NW/Iowa series is going to be a terrific series in the future because of the equality of the players. Going to get some close games between these two teams. The style of play is similar...both play possession ball, the defense will be excellent, lots of 3-point shooting although Iowa will go inside because they can against NW. This is one of those games where Iowa will be able to go inside because we match up so evenly against NW.

And it will be one of those interesting unusual games in college hoops where we will see 10 white guys on the floor play most of the game (except when Cole is in). We just don't see this in college bb these days. With the style of play both teams play it is kind of like going back in a time machine to the 50's. All that is missing is the uniforms. Wouldn't it be fun if both teams wore throwback uniforms from the 50's. The game would make national news! Maybe I will send Barta an email and mention this...

Cheerleaders could dress up like they did in the 50's...wouldn't this be fun!
No shot clock!

We will show up, play lights out(for us anway) in the first half and lead by 10 at halftime. Second half will be back and forth and we will cough up a five point lead with 90 seconds to go only to regain a two point lead with ten seconds left.....long enough for NW to drive the length of the floor and shoot a game winning three with .2 seconds left

Sounds like a few years back at Evanston when the 3 pointer hit off the front of the rim, bounced like 10 feet in the air and then went in to beat us at the buzzer. I believe that was the night Pierre Pierce got in trouble in WDM again and I broke my remote into about 10 different pieces. :mad:

Iowa/NW match up well against each other so I expect a well played game. Iowa/NW do not have anyone that can go one on one against anyone so the defense/offense should be stellar--should be lots of 3's, and Iowa should go inside because we match up so well.

Because we will see 10 white guys playing most of the time in two offenses that like to play possession ball, it will be like going back in a time machine to the 50's. The only thing missing is the uniforms.

Wouldn't it be fun if both teams wore throwback uniforms from the 50's and threw out the shot clock and the 3 in this game. The cheerleaders could wear 50's uniforms and fans could see what it was like to watch teams from the 50's play bb. Wouldn't that be fun. The game would make national news!

A win. NW is bad.

And Iowa isn't bad and playing this game on the road?

I don't understand how any Iowa fan can say they expect a road win because the other team is "bad".

They can win on the road as proven at Indiana (they are worse than NW) but I along with probably everyone else didn't expect it, so even though I think they can win and will be cheering for them, I don't expect them to leave with a win.

Latest posts