what are the chances someone redshirts?

Ingram and Meyer are most likely to redshirt...however, don't be surprised if Clemmons redshirts.
The reshirt is becoming a lost art as kids play so much they are much more prepared to play. Iowa needs its bigs to play much better than in the past. The bigs have to play big, I think White did a lot of the time, but nobody else really did. Iowa had a height disadvantage in most of their games, that won't be the case this year...use them all.

Yes, not only that but inevitably someone will end up leaving for grades, homesickness, lack of pt ect. It always happens.

Thats why you don't worry about balancing out the classes at the sake of picking up an extra win or two because 9 times out of 10 it ends up taking care of itself.

If you look at the past two years... red shirting was in the plans for a player or two, but injuries and the above scenarios prevented that from happening. Let's say 2 of the 12 are destined to be RS'd and you have 2 injuries - now your depth at the injured position/s is a concern... not to mention the people in depth typically don't have the skills of the starter so you end up balancing it out in depth.

Ingram and Meyer are most likely to redshirt...however, don't be surprised if Clemmons redshirts.
The reshirt is becoming a lost art as kids play so much they are much more prepared to play. Iowa needs its bigs to play much better than in the past. The bigs have to play big, I think White did a lot of the time, but nobody else really did. Iowa had a height disadvantage in most of their games, that won't be the case this year...use them all.

I know Marble plays the point, but I'd be surprised if Clemmons redshirted. I don't want to put too much faith in PTL, but he looked like a guy that could contribute some minutes. He's not much of a shooter, but he certainly belongs athletically and seems to make good decisions, plus he played a pretty good D on Ali F.

Meyer redshirting is starting to sounds more likely.

I know Marble plays the point, but I'd be surprised if Clemmons redshirted. I don't want to put too much faith in PTL, but he looked like a guy that could contribute some minutes. He's not much of a shooter, but he certainly belongs athletically and seems to make good decisions, plus he played a pretty good D on Ali F.

Meyer redshirting is starting to sounds more likely.

Clemmons can play some D, my thought with him is that Iowa has two PG's in the same class, so in four years they will be in the same boat as this year trying to find a PG. I only watched Clemmons in full once, but his decision making has to improve as well, a year of sitting and learning would help him a lot. Unless they can sign someone in a couple of years then they won't have too. Balancing out the scholarships is something that will have to happen at some point. It wouldn't surprise me if all three redshirt (Clemmons, Ingram and Meyer).

Clemmons can play some D, my thought with him is that Iowa has two PG's in the same class, so in four years they will be in the same boat as this year trying to find a PG. I only watched Clemmons in full once, but his decision making has to improve as well, a year of sitting and learning would help him a lot. Unless they can sign someone in a couple of years then they won't have too. Balancing out the scholarships is something that will have to happen at some point. It wouldn't surprise me if all three redshirt (Clemmons, Ingram and Meyer).

Myer maybe, the other two no way.

You need two point guards, period, and second you need perimeter defense which was Iowa biggest weakness last season.

Latest posts