What about Brody Boyd?

storminspank

Justin VanLaere
He's still in the area already teaching kids basketball....

Just thinking about the former players that might fill the spot.

Anyone know if Rod Thompson is in the area? He was unselfish and might just be the type to make it as a coach.

It seems like the guys who didn't play a lot in their days end up making the better coaches :)

I saw him and JR at a West Lin Mar game a few weeks back. That has nothing to do with this conversation, I just thought I'd name drop.

Anyone know if Rod Thompson is in the area? He was unselfish and might just be the type to make it as a coach.

It seems like the guys who didn't play a lot in their days end up making the better coaches :)

He could teach the kids how to foul within 20 seconds of coming into the game! Actually, last I heard he was living in Des Moines. Not sure what he was doing for work though.

How is Brody qualified to be an assistant for Iowa?

It should take more than just playing for Iowa to be qualified for this position. You should either have some assistant experience somewhere or have contacts.

Matt Bullard? He does color for Houston Rockets, has a basketball camp, and he once told some NBA refs that they are terrible. That gets him ready for Hightower and Valentine.

Latest posts