Whar Signing Day Coverage?

So you should have said, "under Ferentz", rather than under "this staff". That said, the whole conference recruits on a subpar level except OSU.
I haven't seen anything out of the new guys to make me forget the mediocre classes before them.

I haven't seen anything out of the new guys to make me forget the mediocre classes before them.

which mediocre class? you say they are all the same, but that can't be further from the truth. if these recruits suck, then 'the staff' must be excellent coaches given the results 'this staff' has produced. and i'm guessing you wouldn't credit 'this staff' for being good at coaching either.

There is a lot of truth to the statement: "check back with me in 4 years," in order to find out how good the class was. Let's let it play out. I don't think any of these freshmen are being counted on to come in and "save the day," at any particular position.

The one comment I have is about DEs. I distinctly remember that Ferentz commented about Last year's class that they were looking for more help at DE, but didn't land anyone. Then he said that they didn't want to reach on a kid just because they hadn't landed who they were hoping for. The impression he gave off is that they would really make a concerted effort to go after some quality DEs this year.

OK - Matt Nelson - there is one. Great recruit! Super happy that he signed with us. I might be tempted to try him at TE, but I'll go with the coaches on this one.

Anyone else? Outsey? It just seems we keep striking out with these guys. We couldn't even lure Trevon Young back after he had commited once. Torey Hendricks looks like a good player, but we will have to wait until summer to know if he is even going to be on the team?

A pass-rushing DE has been a glaring weakness for this team since AC graduated. I just don't understand why they don't address it.

If it all falls to Matt Nelson, then that is a lot of pressure to put on a true Freshman.

There is a lot of truth to the statement: "check back with me in 4 years," in order to find out how good the class was. Let's let it play out. I don't think any of these freshmen are being counted on to come in and "save the day," at any particular position.

The one comment I have is about DEs. I distinctly remember that Ferentz commented about Last year's class that they were looking for more help at DE, but didn't land anyone. Then he said that they didn't want to reach on a kid just because they hadn't landed who they were hoping for. The impression he gave off is that they would really make a concerted effort to go after some quality DEs this year.

OK - Matt Nelson - there is one. Great recruit! Super happy that he signed with us. I might be tempted to try him at TE, but I'll go with the coaches on this one.

Anyone else? Outsey? It just seems we keep striking out with these guys. We couldn't even lure Trevon Young back after he had commited once. Torey Hendricks looks like a good player, but we will have to wait until summer to know if he is even going to be on the team?

A pass-rushing DE has been a glaring weakness for this team since AC graduated. I just don't understand why they don't address it.

If it all falls to Matt Nelson, then that is a lot of pressure to put on a true Freshman.
Don't freak out yet. Wait until the spring game. I Still wonder about Ekekite..... I also think nelson could handle it. That kid is intense. Fran could use a guy like matt

which mediocre class? you say they are all the same, but that can't be further from the truth. if these recruits suck, then 'the staff' must be excellent coaches given the results 'this staff' has produced. and i'm guessing you wouldn't credit 'this staff' for being good at coaching either.
There are so many to choose from.
I looked at all of the highlight films on this class and 2 stood out to me. Outsey and Truitt. The rest are projects. I didn't see the Juco DE or Markel Smith's highlights, so they might be difference makers.

Latest posts