Whar Signing Day Coverage?

Laugh it up fuzzball. Seriously though if you pay any attention to the sports rumblings around the central part of the state there is so much more fan enthusiasm surrounding that program from L'Ames in comparison to Iowa. Maybe it's just because it doesn't take much to excite them, I dunno.

that is their nature and the media hype around the sasquatch. they like losing football, me thinks.

Laugh it up fuzzball. Seriously though if you pay any attention to the sports rumblings around the central part of the state there is so much more fan enthusiasm surrounding that program from L'Ames in comparison to Iowa. Maybe it's just because it doesn't take much to excite them, I dunno.

Fuzzball? No need to bring out the big guns. ;)

Granted I'm in Eastern Iowa and not that plugged into the rumblings out there but if there is more enthusiasm for ISU next year than there is for Iowa, you should move the hell away from there because I think there's something contaminating the water. Did you not see the dumpster fire of a season they just endured? Calvin Johnson couldn't save that team, let alone Allen Lazard.

Granted I'm in Eastern Iowa and not that plugged into the rumblings out there but if there is more enthusiasm for ISU next year than there is for Iowa, you should move the hell away from there because I think there's something contaminating the water. Did you not see the dumpster fire of a season they just endured? Calvin Johnson couldn't save that team, let alone Allen Lazard.

i live in West Des Moines. There isn't a ton of enthusiasm for clown ball. I'm sure there is some excitement out there for their new OC - as their should be. But herky is overstating things a bit.

* first year assistant is your best recruiter this year.......an asst that has been absent from the college recruiting scene for a several years

* nearly 1/3 of the class from instate

* only 1 recruit from IL...........a neighboring program in free fall

* numbers of programs nationwide with first year coaches and/or little recent success on the field that put together higher rated classes

Whar next Bonecrusher?

Whar next Cedric Everson?

Whar next Kalvin Bailey?

Whar next Ryan Bain?

Whar next Jake Christiensen?

Star Wars reference

Except for a couple of guys this class makes the sound of that when a wet rag is thrown against the wall. Definitely a byproduct of 4-8 last year. Unfortunately it's classes like these that lead to the cycle that creates those 4-8 type years. Vicious cycle.
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to matter what our previous season's record is, with this staff. 05' being the exception.

eric johnson said that iowa was still somewhat pursuing two players yet for this class. (early in the radio fran show this evening). any ideas??

eric johnson said that iowa was still somewhat pursuing two players yet for this class. (early in the radio fran show this evening). any ideas??

I think that may have been a reference to Ross Reynolds and Torey Hendrick, both of whom are committed to Iowa but aren't yet signed.

Is this our worst recruiting class in the last 20 years?
Star counting? Irrelevant. Our classes always suck when compared. I think this class will be better than you think. We filled positions in need for the most part.

well no, that distinction goes to 2009 which was ranked #75.

8 guys from 2009 class actually contributed, but 2 of them gone before SR year (Wegher and Rogers).

12 of 19 players did not make it to SR (3 or 4 for injuries).

2 exhausted their eligibility in 4 yrs and are in NFL today (Hyde drafted, Davis Practice sq)

2 listed as starters on 2-deep roster coming into Fall Camp'13 (Van Sloten, Boffeli)or 3 if you count Cotton as KR

Scout has 2014 class as #41 which right were we always are:

Here are the AVERAGE Recruiting Rankings for each team in the B1G over the past 13 years:

9 OSU
11 MICH
26 PSU
28 NEB
39 WISC
40 IOWA
42 IL
42 MSU
52 PU
59 MN
60 NW
63 IU

Wisconsin has never had a Top 25 Class. MSU just once and that was 10 years ago. They are not exactly parlaying their on-field success into top rec
ruiting classes. NEB has had two Top 25 classes (2013 and 2005)

Looking at just the last 5 recruiting classes
7 OSU
14 Mich
29 NEB
32 PSU
34 MSU
39 Wisc
41 Iowa
52 IU
54 NW
59 PU
67 MN
Still surprising that with all the success MSU and Wisky have had the last 5 yrs, it hasn't bumped recruiting at all. Especially MSU coinciding with UM being down.

Latest posts