Whar Signing Day Coverage?

Good question. I came here looking for that myself and instead got sucked into the bball meltdown threads.

twitter has a nice stream going. I've seen most kids have sent in the LOI. last i saw only ones not in yet were Mends, Joley and Outsey

Everyone is signed other than Ross Reynolds who is grey shirting and Torey Hendrick who is going to sign this summer.

Cut and dry NSD for Iowa.

Sadly, the class falls behind the conference average by a good deal.

MSU is cashing in on their success just a year after being.. well.. bad.

and jNW is signing a baffling class. ****.. that's troubling.

Cut and dry NSD for Iowa.

Sadly, the class falls behind the conference average by a good deal.

MSU is cashing in on their success just a year after being.. well.. bad.

and jNW is signing a baffling class. ****.. that's troubling.

:confused: ?- I'm showing that their class is ranked 56th on Scout. I guess they have a small # at 15, and three 4-stars, but nothing too impressive or shocking, IMO at least. What are you referring to? Just that they shouldn't have that good of a class?

Over the last two classes ISU has signed the top prospect from the state of Iowa in Campos and Lazard (Lazard and Ross P were interchangeable depending on what recruiting site you use). That seems a little troubling to me.

Over the last two classes ISU has signed the top prospect from the state of Iowa in Campos and Lazard (Lazard and Ross P were interchangeable depending on what recruiting site you use). That seems a little troubling to me.

Why? Lazard is a legacy and Iowa had no shot.

That would be like ISU fans being troubled when AJ Derby didnt go to ISU.

Why? Lazard is a legacy and Iowa had no shot.

That would be like ISU fans being troubled when AJ Derby didnt go to ISU.

To me this is troubling. I don't care what his background is Iowa should always have a chance with in state kids. Hayden always used to believe that you couldn't be the best at anything unless you were the best in your own state. That's why he bitchmade ISU for all those years, on and off the field. If a kid like Lazard with his background had been a recruit during Fry's era do you think he still would have ended up at ISU? Probably not. If Iowa wants to paint this pretty picture that we are truly the best school in the state, especially at football then Iowa needs to be winning these recruits. No kid in Iowa with a commitable offer should ever pick ISU over Iowa, never. The biggest mistake this staff ever made was not picking up and running with Fry's in state philosophy, and that is why ISU is continually making strides year after year.

Do you understand what the term legacy means in recruiting? It wasnt happening and there is nothing the Iowa coaches could have done about it.

Iowa signed something like 4 of the top 6 kids in the state this year, 1 went to the best program in the nation and the other was born a Clone. You are being a drama queen.

Except for a couple of guys this class makes the sound of that when a wet rag is thrown against the wall. Definitely a byproduct of 4-8 last year. Unfortunately it's classes like these that lead to the cycle that creates those 4-8 type years. Vicious cycle.

Don't you remember BOB SANDERS????!!!! :) Seriously though, I do get it, we develop decent players. Unfotunately we all think the next Bob is going to be in this class. We've had one Bob Sanders in KF 15 years here. Don't think we'll get another one. What I want is a player on offense that has the impact Bob had on defense. Drew Tate and Shonn Greene probably come close.

Latest posts