Welp...we're officially on O$U's radar

OSU has not beat Iowa since 2014. If Iowa could somehow sneak another upset, the streak could extend more than 10 years.

It is uncertain when Iowa will play OSU again because the 2023 Big Ten schedules have been pulled frim the schedule. But it sounds like the Big Ten is thinking of sticking with east-west divisions until USC and UCLA join in 2024. If that is the case, Iowa and OSU probably won't play in 2023.

Calling my shot now...they will lose twice to OSU, once in the regular season, and the other one obviously in the B1G title game. I am going the regular season game is the beatdown, the B1G title game is competitive.:)

OSU has not beat Iowa since 2014. If Iowa could somehow sneak another upset, the streak could extend more than 10 years.

It is uncertain when Iowa will play OSU again because the 2023 Big Ten schedules have been pulled frim the schedule. But it sounds like the Big Ten is thinking of sticking with east-west divisions until USC and UCLA join in 2024. If that is the case, Iowa and OSU probably won't play in 2023.

I don't think you can just simply say that they haven't beaten us in over 10 years when you only play a team 2-3 times in that span. It doesn't work that way. That's pissin' on a guy and telling him it's raining.

Just go in there and don’t get embarrassed. That’s all I ask. Losing 23-14 or something I can handle just fine. 58-3 is gonna be hard to take, but not surprising.
No doubt... The thing a lot of folks don't realize is when Michigan kicked our ass that our offense being as pathetically anemic as they were is why the defense ended up getting scored on so much. It's a domino affect off that. I bet our D played almost 3 times as many snaps as the offense did. They had to be out there the whole damn time cause O just went 3 and out over and over. Even good defenses are going to break against good offenses if you do that to them they just will

Pride lost that game for Ohio State. Their coach thought he could beat us by playing a basic defense. We had struggled against teams all that year that brought the heat on our QB by blitzing.

If their coach had just kept that trend up and blitzed the QB on a regular basis, it likely would have been a totally different result. I mean the damn blitz from far less superior players and teams had given us fits all year, but he thought he could play a straight up defense and handle us easily. and Urban’s pride lasted the entire game. I thought for sure after half time he would now bring the heat but nope he just stuck with it and got his ass whooped.

That was Brian’s best game as a Offensive Coordinator. I had hoped it would carry over and that he had arrived. Now he will not be able to blame Ken for his QB as everything will now fall on him. It’s do or die for Brian this season. No more blaming Ken. I wish him the best as I want to win the division again and then the conference. It’s been since 2004 since we won a conference title and we a way, way, way over due.

Last edited:
Pride lost that game for Ohio State. Their coach thought he could beat us by playing a basic defense. We had struggled against teams all that year that brought the heat on our QB by blitzing.

If their coach had just kept that trend up and blitzed the QB on a regular basis, it likely would have been a totally different result. I mean the damn blitz from far less superior players and teams had given us fits all year, but he thought he could play a straight up defense and handle us easily. and Urban’s pride lasted the entire game. I thought for sure after half time he would now bring the heat but nope he just stuck with it and got his ass whooped.

That was Brian’s best game as a Offensive Coordinator. I had hoped it would carry over and that he had arrived. Now he will not be able to blame Ken for his QB is hung as everything will now fall on him. It’s donor die for Brian this season. No more blaming Ken.

That stud player of theirs, I think it was Bosa, getting booted from the game sure didn't hurt, either.

Iowa also hasn't won at Ohio bince '91, the day after that horrific shooting in Iowa City.

Was Herbstriet the OSU starter in that game? I’m not going to bother to look it up, Northside will know, if you don’t.:)

Who cares who started for Ohio? We had Matt Rodgers!

I was born in the '70's and I think that during my lifetime Ohio has only lost to Iowa twice in C-bus. One was the Gang Lu game and one was the game where Marv Cook dragged 17 Buckeyes into the endzone on a play that nearly killed Jim Zabel.

Who cares who started for Ohio? We had Matt Rodgers!

I was born in the '70's and I think that during my lifetime Ohio has only lost to Iowa twice in C-bus. One was the Gang Lu game and one was the game where Marv Cook dragged 17 Buckeyes into the endzone on a play that nearly killed Jim Zabel.

I thought you were in your 60’s. A retired dude living the good life.

Was Herbstriet the OSU starter in that game? I’m not going to bother to look it up, Northside will know, if you don’t.:)

From the 1991 Roster

4Kirk Herbstreit Ohio StateKirk HerbstreitH, QB8/19/1969Centerville, OHCenterville6'2"213

K. Graham was the QB

He was 8-24 for the game

Total yards gained for the game:

Hawks: 440
Buckeyes: 221

Probably hurt buckeye feelings all around being humiliated at the Shoe.
brutal place to play, especially at night, with the radical fans stomping their
feet, making the place literally rumble and shake

Ohio State offers 5 top 2019 prospects - Land-Grant Holy Land360 × 270

No, that looks like it is a team other than Iowa. I think it was Nick Bosa and he got tossed for a targeting call in the Iowa game. The play actually looked okay to me, but I ain't gonna complian if Ohio loses an All-American in a game against Iowa.
Good memory. That play happened right in front of me and it was a pretty ticky-tack call...kind of an example of everything going wrong for the Buckeyes that day that could go wrong.