Well Lester failed test number 1

Hawkfnntn

Saw Chad Leistikow put out spring depth chart. Lester has Hill #2 behind Cade and still ahead of Lainez. So as far as I'm concerned bring back Brian wtf are we even doing? Hill should be buried so far down on the depth chart he never has a chance to see the field again. If he's still behind Hill then Lainez must not be able to throw at all and shouldn't be on scholarship either.

I just can't do it. If Hill ends up playing qb again this yr I'm out. Now that the hoops season is winding down (I'm locked in till women are done) it's damn near football season but I can't do another yr of Hill trying to run any kind of zone read or any kind of O.

Saw Chad Leistikow put out spring depth chart. Lester has Hill #2 behind Cade and still ahead of Lainez. So as far as I'm concerned bring back Brian wtf are we even doing? Hill should be buried so far down on the depth chart he never has a chance to see the field again. If he's still behind Hill then Lainez must not be able to throw at all and shouldn't be on scholarship either.

I just can't do it. If Hill ends up playing qb again this yr I'm out. Now that the hoops season is winding down (I'm locked in till women are done) it's damn near football season but I can't do another yr of Hill trying to run any kind of zone read or any kind of O.

I think you have to relax a bit. This may be a strategic move to push the younger guys and don't be surprised if one of them passes Hill more towards the season.

Brother, slow the heart rate. This is March. Other than replacing seniors nothing really changed on paper.

Hill doesn't even meet KF's 1st criteria, QB needs to limit turnovers.

Brother, slow the heart rate. This is March. Other than replacing seniors nothing really changed on paper.

Hill doesn't even meet KF's 1st criteria, QB needs to limit turnovers.
I know this doesn't mean squat jack yet. It's just that despite that Hill still played most of the yr and Labas and Lainez really didn't get a fair shot. I just don't want to see Hill out there again at all. He's gotta be buried on the depth chart come August prior to week 1

I know this doesn't mean squat jack yet. It's just that despite that Hill still played most of the yr and Labas and Lainez really didn't get a fair shot. I just don't want to see Hill out there again at all. He's gotta be buried on the depth chart come August prior to week 1

I hope Lester gets a fair shot.

Sounds like our little control freak head coach is going to do what he always does on offense regardless of who the OC is. Did people even read Kirk’s comments in the article? Low risk offense especially if we have a lead in the fourth quarter. Complementary football, no risk in the fourth quarter. Run, run, three yard pass on third and nine, punt. This time we won’t have a punter to pen a team deep in their own territory.

God I hope I am wrong. Many people
Said it last year, that nothing changes until……………….. you all know the rest of the sentence. Can only hope that control freak Kirk lets Lester do his own thing.

I hope Lester gets a fair shot.

Sounds like our little control freak head coach is going to do what he always does on offense regardless of who the OC is. Did people even read Kirk’s comments in the article? Low risk offense especially if we have a lead in the fourth quarter. Complementary football, no risk in the fourth quarter. Run, run, three yard pass on third and nine, punt. This time we won’t have a punter to pen a team deep in their own territory.

God I hope I am wrong. Many people
Said it last year, that nothing changes until……………….. you all know the rest of the sentence. Can only hope that control freak Kirk lets Lester do his own thing.
I'll give Lester a fair shot. But if Hill is taking snaps for this team over Lainez, Resar or anyone they could maybe bring in from the portal once it opens up again then I'm just out. Hill isn't a D1 qb. He's just not. It's bad enough he's taking up a scholly this yr again. To have him taking snaps over others is inexcusable.

I'll give Lester a fair shot. But if Hill is taking snaps for this team over Lainez, Resar or anyone they could maybe bring in from the portal once it opens up again then I'm just out. Hill isn't a D1 qb. He's just not. It's bad enough he's taking up a scholly this yr again. To have him taking snaps over others is inexcusable.

You’re totally right if Hill hasn’t improved. You do have to remember that Hill didn’t have a QB coach last year and that Lester was a very good QB in college and has had a good amount of experience since college. Hill did show good arm strength but needed to learn how to put air under the ball and also touch on the ball. So we will see.

One of the more popular sports beat writers has a podcast out after Kirk’s most recent press conferences. He said that more than one coach has told him that Hill is doing better than Lainez at this point. So maybe a real QB coach could make a big difference.
He also said they are throwing to the running backs A LOT. So that may be a little bit of a twist from what we are used to seeing. On the other hand throwing to a running back is a conservative and safe play. Any change will be welcomed even if it means improving on Hill’s abilities. We can hope. If Hill is the same ole, same ole then I am alright with Lainez running nothing but the effing wishbone.

You’re totally right if Hill hasn’t improved. You do have to remember that Hill didn’t have a QB coach last year and that Lester was a very good QB in college and has had a good amount of experience since college. Hill did show good arm strength but needed to learn how to put air under the ball and also touch on the ball. So we will see.

One of the more popular sports beat writers has a podcast out after Kirk’s most recent press conferences. He said that more than one coach has told him that Hill is doing better than Lainez at this point. So maybe a real QB coach could make a big difference.
He also said they are throwing to the running backs A LOT. So that may be a little bit of a twist from what we are used to seeing. On the other hand throwing to a running back is a conservative and safe play. Any change will be welcomed even if it means improving on Hill’s abilities. We can hope. If Hill is the same ole, same ole then I am alright with Lainez running nothing but the effing wishbone.
Their would be no larger improvement in the history of college football then if Hill went from what he was last yr to any semblance of being a starting D1 level qb.

Their would be no larger improvement in the history of college football then if Hill went from what he was last yr to any semblance of being a starting D1 level qb.

I understand as it was painful to watch last year. What I am really hoping for is that once Lester gets settled in that he will hit the recruiting trail and bring in a quarterback with the same skill set he had when he was QB. That in and of itself would also open up and improve our receiver recruiting. What talented receivers want to come to Iowa just to block downfield 95% of the time?

I understand as it was painful to watch last year. What I am really hoping for is that once Lester gets settled in that he will hit the recruiting trail and bring in a quarterback with the same skill set he had when he was QB. That in and of itself would also open up and improve our receiver recruiting. What talented receivers want to come to Iowa just to block downfield 95% of the time?
I think Lester would really do himself a solid if he could coach up Lainez or Resar... Those two have wheels for legs. If he could get either one of them to be a decent QB at making reads and just hitting the makeable plays and then use their legs that'd be a huge improvement just right there. And yes they need 1 receiver to really step up. 2 would be great and 3 ideal but just 1 for starters would be so damn nice

The thing that stood out to me was having a #2 QB that weighs more than our #2 left guard.
I seriously wonder how that happened and why they don't fix it. Not really any reason for a 6'2" QB to weigh 260. If they can take a skinny freshman Ike Boettger and turn him into an NFL size O-lineman they can do the reverse on the Pillsbury Throwboy in 5 months easy peasy.

He is listed as the #2 QB on the Spring depth chart. Are we sure KF wouldn’t run him out there if CM got hurt?

Like any normal thinking human who watched last year, I am just shaking my head on this one, UNLESS Lester is the reincarnation of Jesus Christ and can raise Hill from dead.

I am just trying to give Lester some credit for maybe having the ability to teach the kid how to throw the damn ball.

If Lainez can only throw the ball five yards then keep as the #2. His speed and escapability would make him five times more dangerous than Hill.

Latest posts