Well......I saved myself thousands of dollars

No regrets. Took the wife and our two teenage daughters and we made memories that will last a lifetime.
The game experience was still the best in football, the Rose Bowl setting was magnificent. Go hug the money you saved by not going...I'll cherish this experience with my family the rest of my days.

The Big Ten Championship game was pretty awesome. Not to expensive and an awesome experience. That is one game I will never miss in the future if Iowa goes

This x10. Went this year, will go again.

If we're playing in Indy, chances are the playoffs are on the line. Who wouldn't want to see that happen? Indy is very very doable, affordable, about 5 hour drive from eastern Iowa. Bang for the buck, for a meaningful game, can't be beat.

Rose parade, Rose Bowl Game, Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farms, Magic Mountain, Universal Studios, Santa Anita Racetrack, Hollywood, tan babes, great weather, cheap tickets outside stadium, great parties, great trip!! Money well spent!!

Like you said to each there own.Enjoyed everything except the two that thought they had to stand for entire game when everyone else was sitting.No big screen to watch so couldn't see the game.

Sounds like people here at the U that went still had a blast sec to all the other things to see or do. Turns out, people could have done it relatively inexpensively with the ticket prices coming down if they wished. I don't have any problem with people going. Initially, it did start to sound like a big PITA, though. Prices eventually fell so got better & more tolerable. But, I don't regret at all not going either. I could have gone either way on to go or not.

I have no problem spending the money. I've been to Bowl games. I had RV lot parking passes for 8 years.
I took 4 vacations in 2015. Had a great time on all of them. I'm glad that you guys that went had a lot of fun. I used to live out there, so I know how much fun it can be.

I just kept thinking about the trip home for everyone and how much the trip would have sucked after such a deflation.

Trip home was fine. We drove & listened to the HAWKS/Purdue game on XM radio. Then listened to the end of the ISU loss to Oklahoma. Made the Rose Bowl loss less painful. Lots of great scenery in Utah and Colorado, too.

Also, I hope many learned a lesson about paying up for tickets, early on. There were many Hawkeye and Stanford fans trying to sell extra tickets at face value and below at the game.
I really feel bad for the people who spent so much on tickets.

Trip home was fine. We drove & listened to the HAWKS/Purdue game on XM radio. Then listened to the end of the ISU loss to Oklahoma. Made the Rose Bowl loss less painful. Lots of great scenery in Utah and Colorado, too.

Also, I hope many learned a lesson about paying up for tickets, early on. There were many Hawkeye and Stanford fans trying to sell extra tickets at face value and below at the game.

yeah, no doubt. plenty of tickets on the ground out there - i had one guy trying to sell offering 2 for 1. we got three great seats on the iowa side for $100 per. / $185 face. section 17, half way up. 2-3 hours before game time. we went out purposely without tickets - and while that was a little 'uneasy' there were so many tickets still for sale on c'list and stubhub that i didn't feel too badly - just didn't want to spend a ton of time looking for tickets, which we didn't.

Their were a lot that did, the prices I saw early were downright laughable. 1K+ for a ticket into a College football game better come with all the bells, whistles and a waitress serving me unlimited supply of food and beverages or I might justify that cost for a game Iowa was in that was for a National Championship, might!!

Like you said to each there own.Enjoyed everything except the two that thought they had to stand for entire game when everyone else was sitting.No big screen to watch so couldn't see the game.

Sounds like you had the best seats in the house. I could see the game fine from my seat unfortunately.

I just shaved myself thousands of dollars. I SHAVED IT. Thats right I SHAVED THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS by using some weird liquid thing you put your razor in after you shave and the razor lasts forever and you SHAVE MONEY!

Their were a lot that did, the prices I saw early were downright laughable. 1K+ for a ticket into a College football game better come with all the bells, whistles and a waitress serving me unlimited supply of food and beverages or I might justify that cost for a game Iowa was in that was for a National Championship, might!!
For that amount of money, she'd better be doing a lot more than that.

The game ended up being the lowest thing on the totem pole for me and my 16 yr old that made the trip.

The ocean at sunset, universal studio's, and a couple of the vegas shows were the winners.

Latest posts