Well......I saved myself thousands of dollars

There's some smart people in this thread.

Agreed and they are on both sides. It would be terrible to have to deal with the rough weather out there. You save money by not going and you spend it to have some memories. Sucks to have one of them be that we lost, but don't think for a second that all folks who went down there hated the trip. You'd be wrong.

Perhaps Ferentz should pay me for going to effin' Lincoln and watching his turd of an offense get lucky on two long runs.

I know, right? Long runs don't count. I mean, those 2 long runs and punt return by McCaffrey were lucky garbage. Diminishes the game.

Who does Armstrong pay for the 4 picks?

I just kept thinking about the trip home for everyone and how much the trip would have sucked after such a deflation.

Despite the loss in Indy, it was a great game and atmosphere. I went at the last second w out tickets or a hotel and it was a ton of fun. Really hope we make it next year. Rose bowl....what rose bowl?

Despite the loss in Indy, it was a great game and atmosphere. I went at the last second w out tickets or a hotel and it was a ton of fun. Really hope we make it next year. Rose bowl....what rose bowl?

Indy was Awesome, would do that trip again in a Heartbeat. Seriously The Big Ten got it right with that venue at Lucas Oil. That convention center setup being right next door is and was incredible!!! They should do a bowl game there!!!

Hell of a water hazard.
Look out for the water hazard at the 9th hole.
weather_390861k.jpg

If you were just going to see the game then yes I agree stay home.The parade,happy hour,Hawkeye Tailgate,going to Pier in Santa Monica,wearing shorts on December 31st instead of snow boots and visiting with many Hawkeye Fans from all walks of life was well worth it.Never been to California so I'm glad we went.

Cost yourself a lot of good memories that you can't place a value on. I drove 54 hours and 3600 miles round trip between Wednesday and Sunday. Got home last night at 7:30 and I'm back in the office today. I don't regret going one bit. I wish the outcome would have been different, but I stood below the Rose Bowl sign with 3 of my closest buddies and couldn't believe what I was experiencing. Priceless.

These trips are about the experiences and the "what might be's." It amuses me that people who would never take the "risk" of "investing" in a trip like this are now bragging about their "ROI." They are probably the same people who would be calling those who went "lucky" and finding excuses for not going themselves after a win. Very lame. Same mentality that kept people out of Kinnick this year. I'm hearing lots from those who went who are glad they did. And if you want to be there for the big wins, you have to have buy tickets and make the trips.

I was one that wasted a couple thousand going to the game, but I figured I may not have another chance before my 11-year-old is "too cool to hang out with his old man" and wouldn't want to go with me. We lost, but I can't put a price on his smile and a life-long memory.

Driving back to CR after landing in KC kinda sucks, but other than that this trip was amazing. Five days on Redondo Beach and touring LA with the wife and closest friends was a hell of a lot better than spending it at home. Y'all just jelly.

Cost yourself a lot of good memories that you can't place a value on. I drove 54 hours and 3600 miles round trip between Wednesday and Sunday. Got home last night at 7:30 and I'm back in the office today. I don't regret going one bit. I wish the outcome would have been different, but I stood below the Rose Bowl sign with 3 of my closest buddies and couldn't believe what I was experiencing. Priceless.

Right on. Same here

These trips are about the experiences and the "what might be's." It amuses me that people who would never take the "risk" of "investing" in a trip like this are now bragging about their "ROI." They are probably the same people who would be calling those who went "lucky" and finding excuses for not going themselves after a win. Very lame. Same mentality that kept people out of Kinnick this year. I'm hearing lots from those who went who are glad they did. And if you want to be there for the big wins, you have to have buy tickets and make the trips.

This. I mean, some of you people should just lock yourselves in a padded room with your hi-def TV's and call it a life. What can you go out and experience in person that you can't watch on TV? Plus, if you don't like the way it makes you feel, you can just turn it off and stare at the wall for a while.

God willing, I'll always have great memories of hanging out in L.A. with my wife and some good friends for a few days. We saw some cool sights, ate some good food, drank some tasty beverages, enjoyed the great weather, had a great tailgate and watched/cheered on the Hawks down to the final buzzer inside of what IMHO is THE most iconic and picturesque college football venue in the world. Yeah, if I'm lucky enough to make it to be old and gray, I'm really gonna regret that decision. Why have memories when I could have a few more crusty dollars in my bank account?

Get a grip folks...you ain't takin' that cash with you, and the Hawks aren't going to reward your "investment" with a victory every single time. This was a team that deserved the support of the fans for the great season they gave us, and this bowl trip was an unforgettable experience. By all means, save your pennies if that's what makes you happy, but you might want to at least consider getting out of the house for a change. Sit on your couches and drink your own beers...hell, don't cost nothin'...but, don't get on your high horses and act like the rest of us made a stupid decision by choosing to go on a vacation and attend the Rose Bowl where your Iowa Hawkeyes were playing for the first time in a quarter of a century.