Welcome back board

Ongoing tech issues. Right now the main site is down and the only thing working are the forum boards
Our cameras caught Fry working hard to get the site back up.

Our cameras caught Fry working hard to get the site back up.

Honestly impressive he took it that well. I would've yelled at that damn server rack. It's obviously the rack's fault and not user error, after all.

I joined hawkeyelounge. very different culture there.

I was immediately greeted with hostility and treated as a Fking noob with every post. I think its a hazing the put you through or more likely a few guys who are proud of their tenure.

Last edited:
I love that movie.

To this day I laugh out loud when they show the outside view of the 747 and you hear old-timey propeller plane noise. 99.9% of the people who watch that movie don't catch it, but it's one of the funniest things about that movie. You just don't get comedic creativity like that anymore.

Actually, Airplane was a parody of a 1957 movie (called Zero Hour) with many shot for shot scenes ... which makes it even funnier ... in my opinion.

Yeah don't go selling my email address to anyone, don't think I could handle getting warranty emails on top of the fucking 10 phone calls I get every day!

Hey, I sell extended auto insurance plans, I noticed your 2017 Subaru Legacy is out of warranty. PM me when you have time Ree. Again, how many miles do you have on that vehicle now?

If I don't hear from you, I'll just contact you every other day.

I joined hawkeyelounge. very different culture there.

I was immediately greeted with hostility and treated as a Fking noob with every post. I think its a hazing the put you through or more likely a few guys who are proud of their tenure.

Hawkeye Report for me and I was being ignored until I mentioned that the OL struggles was probably missing Doyle and that it was too bad he was a "racist prick" (which probably isn't true). That got the natives fired up so MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

We probably do the same thing to new folks that show up here. It's so difficult to determine who is being genuine and who is just trolling.

BTW, before you all start jumping on me over the "prick" thing I only did it to get a reaction. Yes, I am an attention whore! :)

Hawkeye Report for me and I was being ignored until I mentioned that the OL struggles was probably missing Doyle and that it was too bad he was a "racist prick" (which probably isn't true). That got the natives fired up so MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

We probably do the same thing to new folks that show up here. It's so difficult to determine who is being genuine and who is just trolling.

BTW, before you all start jumping on me over the "prick" thing I only did it to get a reaction. Yes, I am an attention whore! :)
I've been on HR a long time. There are only two redeeming qualities for that place...

1) I'm a huge wrestling fan and the wrestling boards are very active over there.

2) Just because it's the biggest Hawkeye board on the internet there are folks there who are insiders to the program and sometimes news and information breaks there first from first-hand knowledge. Like injuries, locker room scuttlebutt, etc. More often than not it turns out to be true.

Other than that it sucks. Too much politics and other shit allowed on the main boards. Lots of covid arguments, blah, blah, blah...

It's half the reason why it's policed here so tightly. If you want to avoid that stuff this is the place.

One other thing that's awesome is that it's where folks banned from here go, and the threads bitching about me and Rob are hilarious. Some of the shit they made up about me are quite the stories. I'm famous now I guess.

One other thing that's awesome is that it's where folks banned from here go, and the threads bitching about me and Rob are hilarious. Some of the shit they made up about me are quite the stories. I'm famous now I guess.
Kind of like the Wasteland after Jon's purge of the Dirty 30?

Kind of like the Wasteland after Jon's purge of the Dirty 30?
HNWasteland actually had a thread about HN going tits up. I made an account and posted that it was a temporary outage, and the feebs over there said I was full of shit. One of them posted a screenshot of someone named Fryowa on Twitter asking the HN account if it was a permanent outage, which would’ve been funny but it wasn’t my account. I have a Twitter account but 1) I’ve never posted anything, and 2) It sure as hell would never be under the same name I use on HN.

I posted a little diddy about “I told you so” when HN came back online, but never got a response

Latest posts