Weiskamp 1 half away from state

1980HAWKFAN

Joe has 21 of 29 Muskie points in the first half. Muscatine up at half 29 to 22. He has been double and tripled team all half. He's the real deal. Can't wait to see him as a Hawk.

How did I forget Joe?
tom-izzo-is-stunned-against-indiana.gif

If he's doing this with double and triple teams...he's the real deal. In addition to the obvious physical challenge of being swarmed, keeping your cool and focus ain't easy. This kid won't get rattled at the next level.

What JW has done this season, is what a top 50 player should do against Iowa high school basketball teams. A top 50 player should tear it up.
Yes he should tear it up as a top 50 player. I was more impressed he did it against double and triple teams against a team that has D1 talent and size.

The HS team he's on isn't all that great. He's just that darn good... There were schools trying to lure him away from Muscatine to play for them. But he's a loyal son of a gun. He's got his buddies he's grown up with since elementary school that he has fun playing with and playing on a 'better' team full of strangers wasn't something he cared about doing. It'd be darn near storybook if they do make it.

If he is getting double and triple teamed, how come his teammates aren't getting more involved in the game? I'm not questioning Joe, but shouldn't his teammates be getting some damn good easy looks? The guy has been playing in a forest his entire HS career. Wait until he gets to college and only has one tree in front of him. This bodes well.

How many assists did he end up with? Just curious.

Here's some highlights. I posted another tweet with just Joe's highlights in Iowa Basketball Recruits thread in the Recruting Forum.

Good for him/them. He's a one man show for the Muskies. I think he becomes an instant starter next year for Fran, probably averaging around 12-14 a game.

Commits Wieskamp and P McCaffery to state. They face off in opening round.

Football commit Tyler Endres and Norwalk made it.

Targets Xavier Foster (Oskaloosa) and Jack Campbell (Football, Cedar Falls) made it.

Latest posts