Wegher update on Miller & Deace?

I don't think Iowa is "stacked" at RB anymore.

In fact, considering we have a full season of games to still play, the margin of error at RB is now pretty thin with Wegher out of the picture.

Hampton is coming off knee surgery and his only experience is in a back-up role. Robinson's experience consists of sharing carries 1 year and he tends to get nicked up most games. Neither guy has proven to be a reliable starter that can carry the load by himself game after game throughout the season.

The remaining long list of inexperinced D-1 RB's and Paki don't equal stacked in my book.

In fact, considering we have a full season of games to still play, the margin of error at RB is now pretty thin with Wegher out of the picture.

Hampton is coming off knee surgery and his only experience is in a back-up role. Robinson's experience consists of sharing carries 1 year and he tends to get nicked up most games. Neither guy has proven to be a reliable starter that can carry the load by himself game after game throughout the season.

The remaining long list of inexperinced D-1 RB's and Paki don't equal stacked in my book.

I think you'll see Stanzi throwing more as I think it is safe to say we are stacked at WR. AR and JH are definitely threats so some PA might work really well provided they can establish at least some kind of respectible rushing attack. DJK, McNutt, Reisner, Keenan Davis, and CJ Fiedorowicz are studs not to mention Sandeman is solid.

Let it go people ... Let it go ... Life will still go on if Brandon Wegher never dons an Iowa uniform again. The program will not fold, nor will the university. If it is personal stuff for him to work through then it is personal stuff. Let him work through it. Take a person situation that happened in your life in the past ... Now, imagine that personal episode was being debated by 1,000 complete strangers on a message board. If he plays .. great ... If he does not play ... life will indeed go on

I think we are "stacked" at RB more this year than last year.
Hampton is head and shoulders better than the rest.
Robinson will be better than last year.
I think KF will still use alternating RB's this year to save wear and tear on their body's.
The other RB's will be used in mop up games.
We are in good shape.

Is it Sept 4th yet?

Last edited:

Latest posts