Wegher to Transfer to South Dakota?

That statement is pure opinion, and not based at all in reality. Did you see the game today? If anything was proven today, it's that Hampton has a long way to go to catch Robinson.

That being said, I see your hatred for Brandon Wegher is still evident. At least you're consistent.

I don't hate him or even know him. I actually very much appreciate his efforts last year. Without him, we probably wouldn't have made the Orange Bowl.

That being said, he wasn't going to play this year.

dude let's let it die...we're not going to agree...beer bongs?

I'll be the official time keeper. 5-minute "No puking" window after the chugging. If either or both of you do lose it within the allotted timeframe, the first to toss his cookies automatically forfeits.

That statement is pure opinion, and not based at all in reality. Did you see the game today? If anything was proven today, it's that Hampton has a long way to go to catch Robinson.

That being said, I see your hatred for Brandon Wegher is still evident. At least you're consistent.

I saw the game today and will STRONGLY DISAGREE with that statement. Hampton and AROB are neck n neck my friend. No way Hampton and AROB alternate back n forth if Hampton if he is that far away.

It is pretty obvious. Hampton has way more talent. Not even comparable talent. Setting the freshman touchdown rushing record is nice, but it wasn't that many touchdowns, and the only reason that allowed that record to be broken was because Jewel Hampton tore his ACL.

wasn't that many TDs??? 8 TDs is a lot of TDs to score period. Let along a true freshman who is splitting time 50%. How many fumbles did he lose last year? How many ACLs did he tear last year? Who was the leading rusher in this game last year? Wegher.

There is no evidence that Wegher is sitting this year because of any back, let alone one that had to sit out the first game due to suspension, and one who was outrushed this game by a grayshirt from Lincoln. Not taking anything away from said grayshirt.

Give it a rest, please.

Right now, Iowa's running backs don't need extraordinary speed or the ability to catch a pass. See Shonn Greene or ARob. Hampton's speed or pass catching abilities are not apparent.

Wegher could be switched to receiver. Soup, our wide receivers coach, has the ability to retrain players.

Most football experts think speed and hands are the bomb... The Iowa coaching staff thinks Wegher has extraordinary hands - otherwise the ball wouldn't be passed to him as much. It seems apparent Wegher had extraordinary speed - more so than either ARob or Hampton.

Wegher makes the offense harder to defend. If he's a running back, linebackers have to guard him in pass routes. On a side note: maybe he needs to be more patient in letting zone blocks materialize.

He's got legitimate wide receiver speed and hands and will stretch the field. If he's a wide receiver, no more loading of the box to stop the run while there's press coverage on our wide receivers.

Maybe, KOK could open up the playbook... As an added bonus: he doesn't fumble.

Since shortly after he left the team there was informed speculation that BW would move to a school closer to home to address the personal issues mentioned by the staff.

Okay, here is my take.

When Wegher was being recruited and everyone saw his weight lifting video, there was some concern as to how much room for physical growth he had left. This seems to be somewhat confirmed with the coaches asking him to lose weight.

Watching him last year, his big attributes were leaping over the pile, receiving, and running in space. He did not show much ability in running through tackles or moving the pile. Hence his high total of negative or very short yardage plays. Just didn't look like he had the body to be a Big Ten workhorse. Again, hearing the coaches actually wanted him to lose weight seems to lend some credence to this. Losing weight just doesn't seem to be the road to carrying the load at RB at Iowa.

However, at USD this kid can have a shot at having some huge games. While at Iowa he would be one of the better athletes on the team with a specific skill set, at USD he has the chance to relive the dominance of his high school days.

I mean he has his BCS game highlight tape. That is proof that he can play on the biggest stage. Nobody can take that away from him. If he would enjoy his life more by dropping down a level and dominating, so be it.

I mean who knows? Such a move has worked out for some guys really well.

For the good of Iowa's offense, I hope Wegher comes back. These we don't need Wegher posts get under my skin because, for Iowa to be a top ten football school, we need players with skills like Wegher's to come to Iowa. edit: to stay at Iowa. "That's all I've got to say on that".

Last edited:
Um, are you familiar with our current freshman backs and current recruits? I would say Iowa is doing just fine getting backs to come to Iowa.

For the good of Iowa's offense, I hope Wegher comes back. These we don't need Wegher posts get under my skin because, for Iowa to be a top ten football school, we need players with skills like Wegher's to come to Iowa. "That's all I've got to say on that".

+1

I don't get those posts, either. BW proved he could play B10 ball and was an asset to the team. IMHO he had only a huge upside over the next three years had he stayed.

Wegher was really good last year and broke the fresman td record but, we need to remember whose record it was. (or a least whose partial record) It was Jewells! Jewell ran for 7 tds his true freshman year and also had a 5.1 ypc. On only 91 carries no less. Compare that to ARobs 181 carries with a 4.6 ypc and 5 tds and Weghers 162 carries 4.0 ypc and 8 tds.

Latest posts