Wegher to Transfer to South Dakota?

Whammer I base my conclusion based on what I have seen in previous years observations and THIS years observation...only problem is one chose not to play this year.

I wish BW well and wish he would stay but he was the 3rd best back

One of my buddies at Iowa talked to Brandon after the EIU game and asked if he would be back. Brandon said not this year, but will be playing next year.

Agreed. He is a major asset in a very successful program. Iowa is good without him, but better with him. I don't care if he is returning punts, kicks, RB on 3rd down, WR, SS, etc...The kid needs to be on the field. He makes good things happen

Agreed. He is a major asset in a very successful program. Iowa is good without him, but better with him. I don't care if he is returning punts, kicks, RB on 3rd down, WR, SS, etc...The kid needs to be on the field. He makes good things happen

Totally agree. Iowa football over the last decade is rife with stories of guys who have changed positions,or been out of the mix and then came back to be very important. In spring ball in 2008,nobody talked about Shonn Greene..Doak Walker winner 8 months later.

Marvin McNutt was an afterthought at QB in 2008...now he is a stud at WR.
Glad to hear that Brandon will be redshirting this year and back on the field next year....he can be an asset at many positions,including rb.

Totally agree. Iowa football over the last decade is rife with stories of guys who have changed positions,or been out of the mix and then came back to be very important. In spring ball in 2008,nobody talked about Shonn Greene..Doak Walker winner 8 months later.

Marvin McNutt was an afterthought at QB in 2008...now he is a stud at WR.
Glad to hear that Brandon will be redshirting this year and back on the field next year....he can be an asset at many positions,including rb.

I think you have to be on the team to redshirt. At this point I dont think he is???

I think too many people forget how tough big time football is on RB's. We need 3 AROB,
Jewell, BW type players on our team. A very injury prone position.

I agree with most it's unlikely that we'll see him this yr maybe not all.
I think this is all about grades BW doesnt want to have to stay in the dorm. 2.5
and below and you don't get to be off campus.

i also don't see BW coming back as a running back next year. with the 2 in front of him(meaning after this season, i don't agree that they're both THAT far ahead of him at this point) and the young talent we have coming up, i think it would be smarter to move him to a different position and i think he knows that as well. perhaps receiver, perhaps safety, perhaps QB, lol.

the kid is good enough to play RB at iowa...i just feel that after he sits out this season it would be wise of him to move to a different position where he is needed. i honestly feel that he would welcome any such move the coaches suggest to him(if it happens)

I think you have to be on the team to redshirt. At this point I dont think he is???

Does not really matter if he is declared a redshirt...as long has he stays in school ,he will have 3 years of eligibility starting next year...5 years to play 4 seasons.

I look forward to Brandon being back on the field for three years starting next season...he is so versatile that he can help out in many different ways...and as was noted,could become a Tim Dwight,Wes Welker type of player for Iowa and in the NFL.

Latest posts