Wegher to Transfer to South Dakota?

So it is USD (Coyotes) or SDSU (Jacks?) ABC screwed this up in their highlights of USD beating the Gophers when they called them the "Jacks." That's like saying the Hawks play in Ames. And we know how that would be received...

It is pretty obvious. Hampton has way more talent. Not even comparable talent. Setting the freshman touchdown rushing record is nice, but it wasn't that many touchdowns, and the only reason that allowed that record to be broken was because Jewel Hampton tore his ACL.

What's obvious is you have a problem with Brandon Wegher. Thread after thread you do nothing but rip on him. He is a young man that has represented the University very well. You, on the other hand, have represented yourself in a reprehensible manner. It's impossible for you to stay classy so perhaps you could simply get a clue and get classy.

What's obvious is you have a problem with Brandon Wegher. Thread after thread you do nothing but rip on him. He is a young man that has represented the University very well. You, on the other hand, have represented yourself in a reprehensible manner. It's impossible for you to stay classy so perhaps you could simply get a clue and get classy.

Agree, there has to be more to it.

Wegher was really good last year and broke the fresman td record but, we need to remember whose record it was. (or a least whose partial record) It was Jewells! Jewell ran for 7 tds his true freshman year and also had a 5.1 ypc. On only 91 carries no less. Compare that to ARobs 181 carries with a 4.6 ypc and 5 tds and Weghers 162 carries 4.0 ypc and 8 tds.

Jewel had the luxury of running behind Shonn, not being pressed into action out of necessity.

If true, he will be missed and good luck. If he stays I cant wait to have him back whenever he decides to come back.

Also, Kaldenberg clearly dislikes (borderline hates) Wegher, Im not sure why he keeps denying it when it is so blatant.

Coming from someone who has never had anyone agree with him - about anything - that's pretty rich.

What we can conclude from all the rumors, etc. is that IF BW was the #1 guy on a team with national championship speculation....he might have been a little more likely to play. Clearly there is NO current loss in not having him in the backfield.

Personally I think he will be more missed on special teams than in the backfield...providing no one gets injured.

So it is USD (Coyotes) or SDSU (Jacks?) ABC screwed this up in their highlights of USD beating the Gophers when they called them the "Jacks." That's like saying the Hawks play in Ames. And we know how that would be received...

U of SD Coyotes ( beat the Goofers yesterday) Vermillion SD about 20 mi
from Brandon's parents.

SD State JackRabbits Brookings SD 150 mi from Brandons parents

You be the judge.

Bottom line why he is leaving.
1. Perosnal Issue
2. He was the 3rd best RB behind 2 guys in the same class. It is not even an arguement. Brandon was a solid N/S runner but talent wise Arob and Jewell are much better.

Good luck BW... it was nice knowing you.

Bottom line why he is leaving.
1. Perosnal Issue
2. He was the 3rd best RB behind 2 guys in the same class. It is not even an arguement. Brandon was a solid N/S runner but talent wise Arob and Jewell are much better.

Good luck BW... it was nice knowing you.

you have seen wegher run this season to come to that conclusion? oh you haven't? oh okay. thanks for giving an opinion without any sort of credibility

To those of you who do not believe Wegher is not on the same level as Robinson & Hampton: Now I realize why some many other fan bases think Iowa's fans are delusional.

How easily people forget Hampton's fumbling issues in 2008 that were swept under the rug because Greene was so good.

How easily people forget that it was Wegher, not Robinson, who was on the field late against GT and put the game on ice.

I hope Jon keeps this thread around because at some point this season Robinson and/or Hampton will get hurt and a lot of people are going to have a much different opinion on this matter.

U of SD Coyotes ( beat the Goofers yesterday) Vermillion SD about 20 mi
from Brandon's parents.

SD State JackRabbits Brookings SD 150 mi from Brandons parents

You be the judge.

I know where it is. My wife went to med school there, and we got married in Vermillion. I used to drive through Dakota Dunes on my way to see her. And I ran the Brookings marathon in May. I was being snooty about everybody screwing up the schools ;)

He's entitled to his opinion. And frankly, I sort of agree with him. After all we heard about BW during the recruiting process, it's obvious we can't give too much credence to "numbers", because it is obvious BW is NOT as quick or fast as the numbers would seem to indicate. He IS athletic, but so is most of our team.

And his value--or lack thereof--is most clearly defined by his absence. I really don't care WHAT his personal problem(s) is/are. He is not--currently--willing to make the commitment. This may be due to perceived snub from staff, or the opinion he should be the starter, or whatever. Again, I really don't care, because, what IS clear is that ARob worked like a maniac in the offseason, and Jewel is hungry (if also a bit overeager) to get back into the game.

Frankly, BW would be nice to have. On the other hand, the two current RBs are enough to convince me that BW is anything but "essential" to the success of this year's team.

I would love to have Brandon in the mix, but if it isnt so, nothing I can do about it. We will be fine and he will be fine if he choose to go elsewhere.

Tim Dwight came to Iowa as a RB, saw that he was stuck behind Sedrick Shaw and T. Banks, briefly moved to DB, and thankfully decided he needed/wanted to touch the football and became a wr.

BW has a unique skill set, I think he could have easily made the transition to wr. Its not like Iowa will need PR, KR, and WR next year or anything. :rolleyes: You could have easily found ways to put him on the field.

I thought he would redshirt this year, if Morehouse's tweet is accurate I would be obviously wrong. Like the other poster(s) have stated I wish him luck. I moved on a long time ago, if he transfers and its official then it would be sufficient enough reason for everyone to move on.

Latest posts