Wegher to Transfer to South Dakota?

I guess this would make sense if it is closer to home for him but wow is he selling himself short. He is a legit D1 talent.

For those of you who don't think he could crack the RB rotation at Iowa this year, you are fooling yourselves. Shaw, Banks, Dwight (RB as a true FR), Betts, Russell, Young, all of them made the NFL and none of them had the impact Wegher did as a true FR RB at Iowa.

In fact, none of them were even close to Wegher's production their first year. Inuries or not, he deserved to be on the field last year and proved it all year.

Fine, the guy with the Freshman record for most touchdowns is nothing but a scrub because Jewel Hampton comes back and has one decent game. You act like it's so obvious that Hampton has more talent when that isn't true at all.

Of all 3 of them, assuming JH is 100% over his injury (which I think he showed today he is), JH is undoubtably the most durable of the 3 in my mind.

Not sure you can make a convincing argument that he's more durable than Robinson. They both RS Sophmores. Hampton has missed one full season due to injury. Robinson has missed 3 games due to injury. Plus A-Rob took a much harder pounding last year than Hampton did backing up Shonn.

I'd say Robinson has proven to be at least as durable as Hampton if not moreso.

Just sickening. Hampton is our best running back. Robinson was our best running back last year and from the looks of it he's improved tremendously in the off-season. Saying that Hampton was going to sit behind Wegher is just absurd. Just absolutely absurd.

That statement is pure opinion, and not based at all in reality. Did you see the game today? If anything was proven today, it's that Hampton has a long way to go to catch Robinson.

That being said, I see your hatred for Brandon Wegher is still evident. At least you're consistent.

Nobody said he wasn't good- and heck yes he is D1 talent. Don't throw a hissy just because others don't agree with your post. I think JH is better at RB... sorry you don't see the light. You're entitled to your opinion.

Fine, the guy with the Freshman record for most touchdowns is nothing but a scrub because Jewel Hampton comes back and has one decent game. You act like it's so obvious that Hampton has more talent when that isn't true at all.

It is pretty obvious. Hampton has way more talent. Not even comparable talent. Setting the freshman touchdown rushing record is nice, but it wasn't that many touchdowns, and the only reason that allowed that record to be broken was because Jewel Hampton tore his ACL.

Just saw this tweet from Marc Morehouse,

"Hey, who's tweeting Wegher to South Dakota? Pretty good day for the Jackalopes if true"

And this tweet from "Mr. Pressbox"

"Wegher seems to be enrolled at USD (SoDakota), red shirting, will play at USD next year, source near family reports."

Say it aint so!
Isn't SDSU the Jackrabbits instead of the Jackalopes??

shame, hope he lights up some D1aa teams. Maybe the Goophers have them on their schedule. Although after today they might try to just buy out all the D1aa teams they have scheduled in the near future.

"Setting the freshman touchdown rushing record is nice, but it wasn't that many touchdowns, and the only reason that allowed that record to be broken was because Jewel Hampton tore his ACL. "

Hahaha! "Setting the freshman record for touchdowns is nice but it wasn't that many touchdowns" Could your hatred for Wegher be more apparent? That statement doesn't help your argument at all!

"Setting the freshman touchdown rushing record is nice, but it wasn't that many touchdowns, and the only reason that allowed that record to be broken was because Jewel Hampton tore his ACL. "

Hahaha! "Setting the freshman record for touchdowns is nice but it wasn't that many touchdowns" Could your hatred for Wegher be more apparent? That statement doesn't help your argument at all!

There really never was an argument. No one here agrees with you that Hampton was going to sit behind Wegher.

I don't know why you think there is some kind of consensus here that Hampton is the better back. There are plenty of people here who think Wegher is the more talented of the two.

I don't know why you think there is some kind of consensus here that Hampton is the better back. There are plenty of people here who think Wegher is the more talented of the two.

I hope Brandon finds happiness and balance in his life.

The staff wanted him to lose a little bulk this offseason so he could use his speed more this year in the return game...I think he could have seen action on third downs, too, because he blocked well last year, can run and receive.

That being said, I think 32 & 27 are better Big Ten running backs.

In the absence of statistical evidence to support your argument of Hampton being the better back you simply resort to insults, nice.

you guys should just both settle this with beer bongs on melrose two weeks from now- this argument is stale.

Latest posts