Wegher to Transfer to South Dakota?

bmhiggins

Just saw this tweet from Marc Morehouse,

"Hey, who's tweeting Wegher to South Dakota? Pretty good day for the Jackalopes if true"

And this tweet from "Mr. Pressbox"

"Wegher seems to be enrolled at USD (SoDakota), red shirting, will play at USD next year, source near family reports."

Say it aint so!

Good for him, I hope he keeps everything in line. As we saw today, it's time to move on without him.

Just saw this tweet from Marc Morehouse,

"Hey, who's tweeting Wegher to South Dakota? Pretty good day for the Jackalopes if true"

And this tweet from "Mr. Pressbox"

"Wegher seems to be enrolled at USD (SoDakota), red shirting, will play at USD next year, source near family reports."

Say it aint so!
Describing two teams. I'd think he'd go to USD not SDSU as it is much closer to home.

While I would love to see Wegher stay, I wish him the best with whatever he deems best for himself and future.

Shame, he's definitely BCS level talent and could play for most any team. But good Luck Brandon, whether your days at Iowa are over or not.

Also, we'll be just fine without as we've seen so far this year.

If it's true than what can we read into the reason for his absence? How does transfering closer to home help him? Who at home needs him close by in the future?

1st of all, after what we saw today, who cares?

Second of all If the rumors about him are true, good luck to him, he's gonna need it.

Barring injuries Wegher was not going to get carries this year anyways. Sneaking suspicion that the writing was on the wall....

He would have been alternating series with Robinson to start the season. It's Hampton who would have had trouble getting on the field. I would think that after last year no one would doubt that Wegher is a top level talent. The yards won't always come as easy as they did today against Iowa State. There will be a time when we wish we still had him.

He would have been alternating series with Robinson to start the season. It's Hampton who would have had trouble getting on the field. I would think that after last year no one would doubt that Wegher is a top level talent. The yards won't always come as easy as they did today against Iowa State. There will be a time when we wish we still had him.

Just sickening. Hampton is our best running back. Robinson was our best running back last year and from the looks of it he's improved tremendously in the off-season. Saying that Hampton was going to sit behind Wegher is just absurd. Just absolutely absurd.

Last edited:

RU sure about that? All of the talk from the coaching staff out of spring ball & late summer practices was the progress JH had made. You also have to remember, we never skipped a beat when he subbed for Shaun Greene.

Of all 3 of them, assuming JH is 100% over his injury (which I think he showed today he is), JH is undoubtably the most durable of the 3 in my mind.

Do you... really believe this? I'll give you a pass if you're still drunk from the game this afternoon.

Latest posts