Wegher Rumors

TKDhawk

Just on T.O.S. and there were quite a few posts about people hearing rumblings of Wegher flunking the Spring semester, anyone over here hear anything like that?

I pray it isn't true but if it were to happen at any position RB is still sitting pretty.

that would suck, but like you said, that is one position that on paper could take a little hit. Coker might get in a little sooner if true.

Just on T.O.S. and there were quite a few posts about people hearing rumblings of Wegher flunking the Spring semester, anyone over here hear anything like that?

I pray it isn't true but if it were to happen at any position RB is still sitting pretty.

Well grades are out for UI students (mine are posted under "completed grades" in student records), so if there's any water to this we should know before too long.

I subscribed to HR.com for one year and only went to the site for about three months. Couldn't take it. Flamers, wannabees, and to be honest...a bunch of a-holes...moderators included. That was during the Nealford fiasco when Barta laid out the expectations for SA. Never was an Alford fan, maybe that was why I felt alienated on that board.

The off topics board was great, but that was about it, IMO.

On that site, everyone has a friend who has a friend who...

Last edited:

Funny to be saying that after many years of trying to have one healthy RB each game.

'Course, we aren't even in fall practice yet, so that could change. :(

How's that for Midwest optimisim?

There are rumors like this every year. I have heard several rumors this spring about a few players, and most have turned out to be false, and I don't post them. Stuff like this sorts itself out, and I have never felt the need to have huge discussions on it until there is a reason for it.

There are rumors like this every year. I have heard several rumors this spring about a few players, and most have turned out to be false, and I don't post them. Stuff like this sorts itself out, and I have never felt the need to have huge discussions on it until there is a reason for it.

You mean stuff like this GETS FIXED ;)

I kid

Wegher has been talked about every semester with regard to this grades...and his grades have been fine. Relax folks, non issue at this point in time.

Last edited:
Wegher has been talked about every semester with regard to this grades...and his grades have been fine. Relax folks, non issue at this point in time.

I'm guessing his grades suffered a bit while he was nursing his broken arm. Or was it his ankle? Or wrist? Or ribs? Well, I know it was some body part.

Let's not forget that he is transferring to South Dakota State for next year. One of my favorite rumors.

Looks like the up and ups on the pay site shot it down pretty quick. Sounds like somebody had sour grapes about BW and decided to spread some lies.

Seriously, what ended up being his health problem right before the Ohio St game? Was it some kind of intestional flu (gastroenteritis)?

Grades suffered because he has been playing softball. He has been lighting up Derby. Combination of Wegher bat speed and Derbys lack of arm strength.:cool:

If I remember correctly...

Seriously, what ended up being his health problem right before the Ohio St game? Was it some kind of intestional flu (gastroenteritis)?

from the MSU game on he was playing some bruised ribs or something along those lines. He was having to take pain medication just to get on the field every week. Either the pain was too much against OSU or he reacted poorly to the meds, don't know which. In any case Robinson had to end up carrying the load that day getting back from the ankle sprain.

What Jon said.

Maybe I'm a whimp on this stuff, but the academics do play themselves out. If a player is ineligible, we will hear about it in late July or so, when it's time to for decisions on registration for fall. To me, it's a private matter, probably somewhat embarrassing for the kid, that has to play out on a public stage but not until it's official.

Re: If I remember correctly...

from the MSU game on he was playing some bruised ribs or something along those lines. He was having to take pain medication just to get on the field every week. Either the pain was too much against OSU or he reacted poorly to the meds, don't know which. In any case Robinson had to end up carrying the load that day getting back from the ankle sprain.

I'm pretty sure that Ferentz or someone came out after the season and said it was a poor reaction to the medication.

Sounds like somebody had sour grapes about BW and decided to spread some lies.

BrittneyMears.JPG
?

Pain killer injection gone wrong. Not a banner day for the doc who administered it

They actually collapsed a lung also called a pneumothorax while giving him a local pain killer to his rib. Wegher is a tough kid. I don't think that we are that deep that we can easily afford a player of his caliber being out for the year. Especially with Brinson leaving and Robinson and Jewel recovering from injury.

Latest posts