Wegher Returns; Heart Wasn't In It (NOT WHAT IT SEEMS)

Of course we should let KF handle it how he deems best. The point of a board is to post your opinion or provide new information. If we shouldn't do these things than why have a message board?

I'm not saying in any way that I wouldn't want BW on the team but at some point this becomes a distraction.

My opinion is KF should handle it, afterall he is the one ultimately responsible for everything connected to the team.

You say you believe BW needs to be redshirted so the situation doesn't become a distraction to the team yet all indications are that practice is going extremely well and it's very doubtful that anyone on the team is focused on BW's problems as they are busy being focused on their own contribution to the team. Let's give the coaching staff a little credit here, they know what they are doing.

I don't really understand why this would be a distraction at all. Guys are welcoming the opportunity to get more work, more carries, or a new guy (Johnson or Coker) sees this as an opportunity. Outwardly they are concerned for Brandon, inside, I'm sorry, they think this is a huge opportunity. That's not bad.

Brandon W. paid his dues last year as a true freshman. He's earned the right to come back to the team when he's in a good mind frame and is clear about his future. When he comes back, if he does, KF will know how to handle where to put BW in the lineup of players who have been working hard. BW will have to earn, to some degree, his spot back. However, I believe this relates to Arob and Jewel more than the new guys. BW has a leg up on the true freshmen. He's proven it in adversity and game situations, and we all know KF doesn't risk True Freshmen putting the ball on the ground or leaving his QB open for a shot from a LB blitzing.

I just don't get how this is a distraction.

I also think there has to be a point that KF needs to say crap or get off the pot. What kind of message does it send to the team to allow him to enjoy all the benefits of a full scholarship and not put in the work. I understand about the personal issues but I highly doubt he is the only one on the team that deals with them. IMO, even if he decides to burn the red shirt, he still needs to be at practice which leads me to the question of, anyone know if there are any NCAA rules about red shirting and practicing if physically able to.

Petros is such a hippocrite. Here he is last year dogging Iowa (& Big10) & saying how boring they are to watch & now he comes off like he is KF's biggest buddy.

Based on the fact the "team" is practicing - in hot weather - and BW is not with the team. While the team is bonding and preparing for the season here is this guy in the background getting attention and deciding if he wants to play.

Redshirt him and let the team focus on practice and the season instead of whatever personal issue someone has.

Oh please, this isn't Brett Favre. He's not simply "mulling retirement" to get out fall camp. He's got some serious issues going on in his life, and they could very well be much more important than playing football. Which is why I don't, and it doesn't seem like the players do either, hold any of this against him.

I believe classes start on Monday a decision one way or another will have to be made in the next day or so.

I believe classes start on Monday a decision one way or another will have to be made in the next day or so.

Not necessarily in regard to the team, though. He may decide to stay in school, just not play football. His family seems pretty well-off for money, so that probably wouldn't be an issue.

Not necessarily in regard to the team, though. He may decide to stay in school, just not play football. His family seems pretty well-off for money, so that probably wouldn't be an issue.

If thats the case, then he will either redshirt, deadline will set BY HIM and KF when he will reture to the team, or he will be just a regular student. Regardless, we will probably know within the next day or so.

Latest posts