Wegher Returns; Heart Wasn't In It (NOT WHAT IT SEEMS)

Re: Wegher Returns; Heart Wasn't In It (Per Ferentz)

no way....did they throw a sheet over his head so no one would see him walking around?

Yeah didn't you see that one picture with the RB that had it on? He had a little trouble with blitz pickup. :D

Here is what Andy Hamilton of the ICPC has on it, quotes from Kirk: LINK. The DMR's website is now posting this as well.

After having listened to it three times, and reading what Andy transcribed, I don't think there is any doubt that Kirk was talking to them about Brandon's first few days of training camp, two weeks ago.

Marc Morehouse tweeted on Wednesday that Wegher had not been back to practice as of that day...and yesterday was the BTN day...so there is no way Wegher could have been back two days, and met with Kirk another couple of days, in 48 hours.

Here is what Andy Hamilton of the ICPC has on it, quotes from Kirk: LINK. The DMR's website is now posting this as well.

After having listened to it three times, and reading what Andy transcribed, I don't think there is any doubt that Kirk was talking to them about Brandon's first few days of training camp, two weeks ago.

Marc Morehouse tweeted on Wednesday that Wegher had not been back to practice as of that day...and yesterday was the BTN day...so there is no way Wegher could have been back two days, and met with Kirk another couple of days, in 48 hours.

Here is the DMR link. Iowa football: Ferentz says Brandon Wegher returned, then left team again this week | desmoinesregister.com | The Des Moines Register

Andy is going to single handedly start a fire-storm in Iowa.

Did someone say firestorm?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSjK2Oqrgic]YouTube - Nothing to see here[/ame]

Andy's a good cat...one of my fav's in the media...and what Kirk said on the radio is tough to parse out at first blush...I only have come to the conclusion I have arrived at after listening to it three times...and even then, I am placing some faith in Marc Morehouse's tweet from Wednesday saying that Brandon had not rejoined the team.

I can see why Andy wrote what he wrote...and it it does turn out to be Kirk just telling an audience he hadn't talked with yet (Fox Sports Radio) the same things he told us Saturday, it's an honest mistake, in my view...because I made it myself ;)

I've listen to the BW part 3x now, KF does say "came back" so...idk i would be amazed if some how BW snuck in to camp.

Andy's a good cat...one of my fav's in the media...and what Kirk said on the radio is tough to parse out at first blush...I only have come to the conclusion I have arrived at after listening to it three times...and even then, I am placing some faith in Marc Morehouse's tweet from Wednesday saying that Brandon had not rejoined the team.

I can see why Andy wrote what he wrote...and it it does turn out to be Kirk just telling an audience he hadn't talked with yet (Fox Sports Radio) the same things he told us Saturday, it's an honest mistake, in my view...because I made it myself ;)

Yeah, I knew him in college. Good guy.

**This is all opinion**

I think he's probably done. Even if he decides to take his redshirt this year he comes back next year with JH and A-Rob ahead of him plus he will be competing with Coker and D'andre. Unless he switches positions I don't see him coming back.

Re: Wegher Returns; Heart Wasn't In It (Per Ferentz)

Suspect we've seen the last of BW. I thank him for his participation and wish him well in the future.

tweeter- since this story broke, you have believed he is done at Iowa, at least that's what I've taken from your responses to the various threads on this issue. Why so convinced BW is history?

If you put what Ferentz said in context, his intended meaning was absolutely clear. I think that some of the folks out there were trying to hear something that they wanted to hear.

Maybe those bandwagon jumpers at the Register need to focus on the facts and not start these firestorms. Let the media in Eastern Iowa break news on the Hawks, and that 2nd-rate paper in Des Moines can break all of the ISU stories they want.

I swear, all they do is try and point out every negative with anything Iowa and magnify it so much that it enrages every Iowa fan. Then when Iowa starts doing well in anything and Iowa has proven those at the Register that Iowa is legit, they then hop on the bandwagon.

I am originally from Central Iowa, born and raised, and I miss the old days of the Register where Iowa was thought highly of, and not on the same level as ISU and our other state Universities, as is the case now.

That may sound biased, but until a school in this state can sniff Iowa's resume with some of their own achievements over a long period of time like Fry and Ferentz have done, then, and only then, should the Register look at Iowa as an equal of the other Universities.

I wish Ferentz could throw the ban-hammer at those folks in Des Moines. He doesn't need them to cover Iowa Football, not one bit.

This "story" has more twists and turns than a softball in a tornado.

I think Kirk was certainly talking about the beginning of fall practice when Brandon left initially.

I can't wait for the season to begin. we are to the point in the year where everything has been talked about ad nauseam that we jump @ any tidbit of info.

Discussing last weeks game, this weeks game and other games around the country can't return fast enough.

This "story" has more twists and turns than a softball in a tornado.

I think Kirk was certainly talking about the beginning of fall practice when Brandon left initially.

I can't wait for the season to begin. we are to the point in the year where everything has been talked about ad nauseam that we jump @ any tidbit of info.

Discussing last weeks game, this weeks game and other games around the country can't return fast enough.

oh yeah!

Forget the Wegher stuff. Great to see the Captain getting some pub on a national show. Petros was not a big Iowa believer last year, but when he came to talking to Ferentz he seemed he was. The thing that gets me about Coach is his memory. He remembers all of those games from the 80's and his first couple years. Glad to see a national show (especially a show that is way pro-USC) take time to talk Iowa.

Petros even said, in the setup question to Ferentz, “Wegher is not currently with the team, what is his standing?”

Andy changed the articles. Everything's good now.

I live in LA and have been listening to Petros and Money for a few years. Petros is a huge Pac 10 homer. He really thought they were the best conference in the country last year and that the Big 10 was the worst. It was tough to take, but that's what most people out here think.

Petros is generally pretty annoying....but he (a former USC running back), was critical of Matt Leinart, Reggie Bush and Pete Carroll long before anyone else was. He was reporting that Bush got paid even before the book came out.

His Dad also played football at USC and they hated how Hollywood Pete Carroll made USC practices. Petros isn't great, but he has been right on top of everything that has gone down at USC.

Latest posts