Wegher gone - released from scholarship

Wegher would have been another quality player, and its never good to lose one of those. But we have a lot coming back in ARob, Coker, Johnson, Hampton. That is being optimistic that ARob is healthy. Hampton coming back would only be a bonus.

I never thought he was all that good last year anyways. I remember some of the holes he and ARob ran through in the 2nd half of the Orange Bowl, I could have run cart-wheels through some of the holes. Our OL made them look better than they really were. I hate losing RB depth, it surely hurt at times this year, but a talented RB is pretty easy to replace, but for some reason Wisky has them stock-piled and we have to burn red-shirts to find a starter!

I never thought he was all that good last year anyways. I remember some of the holes he and ARob ran through in the 2nd half of the Orange Bowl, I could have run cart-wheels through some of the holes. Our OL made them look better than they really were. I hate losing RB depth, it surely hurt at times this year, but a talented RB is pretty easy to replace, but for some reason Wisky has them stock-piled and we have to burn red-shirts to find a starter!

I was going to respond to this but why even bother.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

OK...guess I'll say it.

Why would he want to leave IC? What value-added does that bring to the equation?

If he has women/children issues, how does moving to another school away from 'them' help his cause?

Guess I'm not seeing it.

I'm failing to understand how this is news. With the three guys Iowa has coming back next year (again), Wegher was going to have a rough go of it next year.

This should hardly be surprising to anyone.

OK...guess I'll say it.

Why would he want to leave IC? What value-added does that bring to the equation?

If he has women/children issues, how does moving to another school away from 'them' help his cause?

Guess I'm not seeing it.

If that's the case, maybe he want to be close to home, and/or his kid. You can hardly fault they guy for that.

OK...guess I'll say it.

Guess I'm not seeing it.

As i said above...dont assume he had a clear path to come back. Doubt he wanted to walk on next season.

Can't happen. Iowa released his scholarship conditionally. The condition being he couldn't transfer to another B10 school.

Nebraska isn't a Big 10 school...yet.

If he enrolls for the Spring semester, they're still in the Big 12.

However, I would hope that KF was smart enough to put "No Big 10 Schools...or Nebraska."

Who said Wegher had to be a running back - did Wegher say he had to be a running back? IMO, Wegher would have been valuable/needed as a wide receiver.

Next recruit in. Next hybrid in.

"I have become comfortably numb".

Last edited:
Collegefootballtalk.com said that the condition is that Wegher cannot play at a Big Ten school in 2011. After that, he can go to Nebraska. But he will already be 4 years removed from high school, and possibly out of football entirely for 2 full years.

Can't he still go to Nebraska, just with no scholarship? Thought it was just not under scholarship to another Big Ten school in 2011.

Latest posts