Wegher for 6

And it also goes to show the ways things can change in college football. Look at 2012, a strong Wegher and Adam Robinson and coker and if Sherrf and the other Off lineman dont get hurt against Penn St maybe we have a really tough running game. Maybe we dont lose to Central Michigan and lose 6 in a row.

Wegher and Robinson were above avg running backs as frosh and sophs. both had great hands catching the ball and Robinson had really good feet to avoid the traffic.
Yeah, but Wegher never would've been an every down running back at Iowa. He wasn't a KF kinda back. Neither was that kid recruited from Wisconsin that plays for the Chargers, nor number 33 on this year's team.

KF is offensively challenged.

Last edited:
So if Wegher ends up starting for the panthers does he announce Morningside as his alma matter. Seems like that would be appropriate but why does he seem so much like an Iowa kid.

So if Wegher ends up starting for the panthers does he announce Morningside as his alma matter. Seems like that would be appropriate but why does he seem so much like an Iowa kid.

Of course he says Morningside is his alma mater. Russell Wilson says Wisconsin is his even though he only played one year there.

Yeah, but Wegher never would've been an every down running back at Iowa. He wasn't a KF kinda back. Neither was that kid recruited from Wisconsin that plays for the Chargers, nor number 33 on this year's team.

KF is offensively challenged.

right. but he was good enough to start as a true freshman at RB and as kickoff returner - in the Orange bowl no less. Yeah, KF keeps the best players on the bench and favors older players in the program.

sometimes, you just gotta let it go.....

Of course he says Morningside is his alma mater. Russell Wilson says Wisconsin is his even though he only played one year there.

Here is a more interesting question to me if he makes the Panthers roster and in fact becomes a Danny Woodhead type player does Kirk put his jersey on the wall in the new facility of "Hawks in the Pros" ?

right. but he was good enough to start as a true freshman at RB and as kickoff returner - in the Orange bowl no less. Yeah, KF keeps the best players on the bench and favors older players in the program.

sometimes, you just gotta let it go.....

I do not recall Wegher starting games at RB as I believe that was Adam Robinson. He did split time with A-Rob though.

If you also remember both of these guys were pressed into action because Jewell Hampton went down in camp with an ACL tear. Had Jewell been healthy, Wegher may have been the odd man out on touches and Hampton would have gotten the lion's share over both Robinson and Wegher. So you are saying that Wegher played because KF does not keep young play makers on the bench as speculated when in reality this case was because of necessity due to injury of the projected starter.

I do not recall Wegher starting games at RB as I believe that was Adam Robinson. He did split time with A-Rob though.

If you also remember both of these guys were pressed into action because Jewell Hampton went down in camp with an ACL tear. Had Jewell been healthy, Wegher may have been the odd man out on touches and Hampton would have gotten the lion's share over both Robinson and Wegher. So you are saying that Wegher played because KF does not keep young play makers on the bench as speculated when in reality this case was because of necessity due to injury of the projected starter.

One of the main reasons the UNI game was so close was because Kirk was trying so hard to make Paki the go to guy. The first half was so bad, Kirk had no choice but to play the younger, more talented guys.

You've come a long way baby
[video]
2eyauqh.jpg
[/video]

true freshman starting kickoff returner in orange bowl. there's that. i suppose you can't fair catch on a kickoff, so that is the only reason a true freshman got that job.......

Latest posts