Weather Saturday

Friday looks like Carolina in July.

I used to travel a lot in Carolina in July and August, back in my energy industry days. People there would say 'I bet you are looking forward to getting out of this heat and humidity and back in the midwest.'

Hot and humid is hot and humid everywhere. The only difference I saw was that there were some respites in the Midwest now and again that you may not get in the SE.

What's the worst that could happen?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7DTNEa2E7w]Stick 'em punt - Dolphins @ Steelers MNF - YouTube[/ame]

I used to travel a lot in Carolina in July and August, back in my energy industry days. People there would say 'I bet you are looking forward to getting out of this heat and humidity and back in the midwest.'

Hot and humid is hot and humid everywhere. The only difference I saw was that there were some respites in the Midwest now and again that you may not get in the SE.

Length of "hot" season is typically extended down here, but yeah you're absolutely correct. I don't recall a lot of cool, dry summers during my 33 years spent in le upper Midwest.
Nevertheless, it's disappointing to me that Labor Day weekend in Chicago is going to be crapola weather. I was hoping for a break, like everyone else. :(

Length of "hot" season is typically extended down here, but yeah you're absolutely correct. I don't recall a lot of cool, dry summers during my 33 years spent in le upper Midwest.
Nevertheless, it's disappointing to me that Labor Day weekend in Chicago is going to be crapola weather. I was hoping for a break, like everyone else. :(

Seems likely that the weather will be just fine.

30%=unlikely
70%=likely

Originally Posted by DexterMorgan
I'd rather have Saturday's forecast than Friday's

Fri
Aug 31
95°F
70°F
Mostly Sunny
CHANCE OF RAIN:
10%

Sat
Sept 1
83°
66°
Isolated T-Storms
CHANCE OF RAIN:
30%

Seems likely that the weather will be just fine.

30%=likely
70%=unlikely

Originally Posted by DexterMorgan
I'd rather have Saturday's forecast than Friday's

Fri
Aug 31
95°F
70°F
Mostly Sunny
CHANCE OF RAIN:
10%

Sat
Sept 1
83°
66°
Isolated T-Storms
CHANCE OF RAIN:
30%

I am hopeful, vosov. :)

edit: fixed your % labels; you had 'em reversed

I am hopeful, vosov. :)

edit: fixed your % labels; you had 'em reversed

No, just different interpretation. As in, 30% chance of rain means unlikely that there is bad weather. 70% chance of no rain means likely to have good weather.

I also am hopeful. Really don't want to be soaked to the boner...that's right...I meant what I said.

Looks like the weather may be going more west than originally thought. May be some rain but doesn't look now to be heavy and may not start until after the game. I still think all ladies should wear white shirts though........we are the away team you know. LOL

Go hawks

JC

Looks like it is expected to take even longer to get to Chicago.

Hurricane ISAAC

092333W5_NL_sm.gif

I looked at three different forecasts (tommy skillethead, weather.com, accuweather) just now, and they couldn't be more different. WTF. These gomers make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year and no two agree and they're all always wrong.

I looked at three different forecasts (tommy skillethead, weather.com, accuweather) just now, and they couldn't be more different. WTF. These gomers make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year and no two agree and they're all always wrong.

Just make up your own. You'll probably be just as accurate. You could be the HN Weatherman.

Latest posts