"We would have won it all if Niang didn't get hurt."

My quote from the other thread on this:
Who I really for sorry for is the next generation of Cyclones fans. As a Hok fan in my mid 30's, I was too young to remember Ronnie Lester and so whenever talk turns to basketball with older guys, all I hear about is how Iowa would have won the national title had Lester not gotten injured. Maybe, maybe not. Whatevs, but I have heard about it liek 1000 times but it means nothing to me. 30 years from now, young Clone fans are going to hear about nothing but how Niang's injury kept them from winning it all and how the records should have an asterisk to reflect that. Poor kids.

In other words, pal, ISU fans do not have a monopoly on this sort of behavior so try to be nice to them. Crappy programs like Iowa State and Northwestern take joy in ruining someone else's great season rather than focusing on their own team. This sucks for ISU and we shouldn't mock them or their ball players. If you want to be that kind of fan, go by some ISU gear, bud.

They were playing well to end the season and through game 1. Very, very weak tourney field this year. They may have a point.

2014 NCAA Play in Game Runner Up

KXNO's Tree-care expert and Brinson already had good one "If they lose, it's because they are tired" just before the Conf tournament. This is much better - requires less creativity.

That said, too bad about Niang.

I don't really root for Iowa State, but can imagine the frustration of how that injury happened and the timing.

Hopefully they can pull a Louisville and move on anyway.

Anyone else see all the ISU fans starting with this line already?

Because you know they will.

No, actually I haven't seen any of that from the Clowns.

I do have to admit, though, that I've seen a lot of that sort of thing from some of the Hawk fans right here. If we hadn't of lost to Tennessee, we'd have gone on to at least the Elite Eight easily and probably the Final Four.

No, I actually see that more from us then from them. Sorry.

They could be right or they could be wrong. It is a legit excuse. He's one I their best players. Don't know why anyone on HN would fault them for it. There's plenty of excuses on here and I'm guilty of it as well but that's what we do as fans. The little brother syndrome must be a disease as some on here as getting it.

Well, I will say I think they are really, really going to be hurt without Niang. Being one of those major Three for them.. they had everything pretty well balanced between them. And it seemed like when one of them wasn't having the greatest night, one of the other two probably was, so they seemed to pass the glory around.

Will be interesting to see what they come up with to adapt, but I wouldn't be surprised to see this end any possibility of a deeper run for them anymore.

It sucks we lost Niang but injuries happen. Will it hurt our chances of making a deep run, probably. We will never know how this team could have finished at full strength but it is what it is. I think we can still beat the tar holes but it probably ends there.

It sucks we lost Niang but injuries happen. Will it hurt our chances of making a deep run, probably. We will never know how this team could have finished at full strength but it is what it is. I think we can still beat the tar holes but it probably ends there.
That, sir, is why you were a poster of the year. Nice work.

I do have to admit, though, that I've seen a lot of that sort of thing from some of the Hawk fans right here. If we hadn't of lost to Tennessee, we'd have gone on to at least the Elite Eight easily and probably the Final Four.

Agree, some of you have to get over this jealousy thing. The hawks loss was no surprise if you paid attention this season.

Seems like there are multiple threads on cyclone fanatic discussing this. Was a 40 page thread about the ankle an hour after the game with many people saying this.

Seems like there are multiple threads on cyclone fanatic discussing this. Was a 40 page thread about the ankle an hour after the game with many people saying this.

Well, they'll never know now. I'll be surprised if they can put together a plan to get past North Carolina tomorrow, although I do have respect for Mr. Hoiberg and the staff he's put together, so it'll be interesting to see what they can come up with.

But as to whether they would have been able to make a deep run or "win it all" if Georges hadn't suffered the broken bone in his foot? Uhhhh... probably not.

Latest posts