"We would have won it all if Niang didn't get hurt."

Once again the trolls come out of the woodwork. Get a load of this guys recent posts with his love for Hoiburg and his vast knowledge of the big 12. These guys are so easy to spot.

The clowns who pretend to be Hawk fans are the worst. People who are so insecure about their own fandom who feel the need to pose as a fan of anonther school just to try and bring down their image is beyond pathetic. I'm really hoping this person isn't more than 17 years old.

The clowns who pretend to be Hawk fans are the worst. People who are so insecure about their own fandom who feel the need to pose as a fan of anonther school just to try and bring down their image is beyond pathetic. I'm really hoping this person isn't more than 17 years old.

I don't get it either. Hell everyone on here knows I am a clone fan and never tried to hide that fact. Why anyone would want to be a sqwak fan or pretend to be one is beyond me. :cool:

If ISU hits 10+ threes they can still move on past NC. It really is their only hope, but it could happen.

The insecure small minded fans that only accept emptied headed fan like hawkrichard are painful. There are those of us here that don't have to hate the clones to love the hawks.

Not really the main point. The main point is that it is kind of lame for any fan base to play the "what if" game.

Even lamer to call them out for it, because every fan base has done it at some point. (Not directed at you)

Niang was a big reason for ISU's success so not having him on the court DID change the makeup of their team. Who knows what the outcome would have been if he was playing. That being said, I think UConn was still the better team against ISU if Niang was in there or not. UConn has just turned it up a notch.

ANd ISU fans would be no different than Iowa fans ... playing the "what if" game. It's human nature. Their fanbase is no different than ours. If we made a deep run in the tourney and all of a sudden lost Marble you can't tell me Iowa fans wouldn't be saying "what if...." ... No fanbase is that different from another. Fanbases are made up of human beings ... Some are smart, some are not so smart ... It's the makeup of our society ...

Iowa fans definitely didn't do this in 2009 when Iowa was undefeated in football and Stanzi messed up his ankle. It definitely didn't happen.

Anyone else see all the ISU fans starting with this line already?

Because you know they will.

I've seen "could" but not "would". I would have rather lost with Georges than to wonder what might have been. Could have still lost to UCONN.

Yes it is.

Sure, but not really any more far-fetched than any team's fans saying the "would" have won it all. ISU most likely beats UCONN with Niang, but that's no guarantee that they would have beaten MSU or Florida after that. ISU was one of the 10 or so teams that were capable of winning it all, if they'd had Niang.

Who knows. Always feel bad for the kids that go down in the tourney. Play hard all season then go out like that is a bummer.

Sure, but not really any more far-fetched than any team's fans saying the "would" have won it all. ISU most likely beats UCONN with Niang, but that's no guarantee that they would have beaten MSU or Florida after that. ISU was one of the 10 or so teams that were capable of winning it all, if they'd had Niang.

I don't see ISU beating UConn. Niang playing doesn't happen in a vacuum, and if he does play the odds of Houge going off for 30+ is nearly zero.

It is like saying that Since JVB played Ohio St. to an OT game, that we would have won with Stanzi. You just don't know that, these things don't work that way.

I don't see ISU beating UConn. Niang playing doesn't happen in a vacuum, and if he does play the odds of Houge going off for 30+ is nearly zero.

It is like saying that Since JVB played Ohio St. to an OT game, that we would have won with Stanzi. You just don't know that, these things don't work that way.

Losing Niang meant UCONN could focus more of its attention to Kane and Ejim, and neither of them played well offensively (combined 23 points and 9-31 shooting). You put Niang back into the equation, and you can't focus solely on those two players because Niang will hurt you.

Hogue went off, largely due to the fact that he was an afterthought. He probably doesn't do that with Niang in the lineup, but the benefit for Kane and Ejim would have more than evened that out, IMO.

There are no guarantees, but that's also why I said ISU most likely beats UCONN if Niang had been healthy, not that it was certain.

No one can say for sure - but the loss of Georges Niang was substantial. I felt ISU could have made it further with him than without him.

No one can say for sure - but the loss of Georges Niang was substantial. I felt ISU could have made it further with him than without him.

If Niang didn't get hurt and he had a good game he definitely would of made a difference. If he didn't get hurt and had a poor game they might not have won the next game. Its to bad players get hurt, but a good team has a lot of good players. Iowa State was a good team and they had a lot of good players. There were a lot of good teams in the NCAA tournament.

Latest posts