We still in the mix for Darboh

clim33

I see he visited ND yesterday. We still got a good chance with him? I would think some of Marvin's success would be good and having JVB and Ruddock would be nice for him to see too. Anyone have any insight??

yeah I think we are out for him, not officially but thats how I feel. I would much rather have him go to ND as opposed to Mich or Wisky though, especially Wiskydick.

What has come to the surface that makes people think we're out? I've not heard much of anything, and don't understand why people say we're most likely out in favor of UM/ND/Wisky.

What has come to the surface that makes people think we're out? I've not heard much of anything, and don't understand why people say we're most likely out in favor of UM/ND/Wisky.

24/7 site had a pay article on him a few days ago, and darboh's interest in Iowa was subsequently lowered from "warm" to "cool." I just put 2 and 2 together.

sucks we can't get the best in-state kids, but we can't expect to get the best WR's with our offense

sucks we can't get the best in-state kids, but we can't expect to get the best WR's with our offense

The last two years DJK and McNutt have put up big numbers. Campbell is working wonders with these guys much like he did at Michigan. Why wouldn't a receiver want to come here?

I didn't say Wisky was a passing team either. Honestly, if I were him, I'd look at the QB depth, which I feel clearly favors Iowa with our quality and talent.

because we run on 70% of our snaps

I'm guessing you're using a little hyperbole there, but I think even when Iowa had Shonn Greene and therefore had a good reason to run most of time the coaches still only ran slightly more (60 percent) or so than they passed.

There have been two games this year when Vandenberg threw it almost 50 times (47 and 48), although admittedly those were games where Iowa was behind by a lot -- Pittsburgh and Michigan State. He will soon eclipse Stanzi's attempts from last year, and that was a pretty pass happy year (for Iowa), too. He has about as many attempts as Northwestern's quarterbacks combined. If anything, with Coker and some nice backups, I think they maybe should have run even more this year (think Minnesota).

In other words, Darboh might have plenty of good reasons for not coming to Iowa, but it shouldn't be that we don't pass enough.

What I heard he is concerned about disciplinary issues, maybe the DJK thing bothers him, if he is worried about disciplinary actions not sure i want him if he is worried about how players are disciplined, if you don't plan on breaking rule you shouldn't have to worry about those situation

What I heard he is concerned about disciplinary issues, maybe the DJK thing bothers him, if he is worried about disciplinary actions not sure i want him if he is worried about how players are disciplined, if you don't plan on breaking rule you shouldn't have to worry about those situation

I think perhaps his concern lies more within what constitutes rule-breaking. Like if there are things that don't really seem like a big deal, but if he does them he winds up in the dog house.

I dont think so. I think the guy wants to play on Sundays. What is his best chance to do that?.......
Yep ND or Mich. I dont care what Marvin has done this year, but face it those two teams have more to offer at WR tham Iowa does. I cant blame him for wanting a paycheck.

that comment makes no sense, players that are good enough to play on sunday will make it anywhere, McNutt will play on Sunday

that comment makes no sense, players that are good enough to play on sunday will make it anywhere, McNutt will play on Sunday

this makes no sense b/c plenty of people are good enough to play on Sunday's but don't get the coaching and player development to get there.

Latest posts