We still in the mix for Darboh

What faulty logic. Favoring Michigan and Wisconsin because of a passing game? That surely isn't the reason.

You go to Michigan or Wisconsin because you will compete for the Conference title and possibly a National title. At Iowa you won't have that chance.

that comment makes no sense, players that are good enough to play on sunday will make it anywhere, McNutt will play on Sunday

McNutt got dominated Friday by an NFL caliber corner. Don't be so sure that you will see him on Sundays. He had a great career by Iowa receiving standards but compared to the nation's best he is no more than a top 15 receiver.

You go to Michigan or Wisconsin because you will compete for the Conference title and possibly a National title. At Iowa you won't have that chance.

Ahhh, Michigan yes....Wisconsin = Iowa. Some great years, some decent years and a few down years from time to time. Wait till next year for Wisky! Down time!

and everybody brags up Soup, and now suddenly he coaches recievers at Iowa and suddenly forgets how to coach
yup i can see why you wouldn't want to be coached by a coach who suddenly became a idiot, simply by Coaching at Iowa

and everybody brags up Soup, and now suddenly he coaches recievers at Iowa and suddenly forgets how to coach
yup i can see why you wouldn't want to be coached by a coach who suddenly became a idiot, simply by Coaching at Iowa

Soup is the man. Increase in WR production since he's been here speaks for itself.

He's went to Dowling...So my guess he probably already bailed on one his hometown team to go to Dowling(not sure just an educated guess), so wouldn't shock me if he did the same in college.

As soon as KF and the staff tell Darboh that Iowa has no sizzle and we play the old fashioned way, they will cinch it...the rest will just get better...while Iowa's sizzle goes completely away and turns to cold grease.

actually not to worried about not getting Darbogh, we've got 2 WRcommits and lose just 1 WR, if he came great if not by the #'s not that big of a loss, we need D-linemen as we lose 6 seniors plus Raymon left in the middle of the season so that makes 7 players on the D-L to replace, i would rather use his scholly on a D-L recruit
Ekakitie
Curry
Shutte if he switchs to Iowa from PSU
Clarke

would fit the bill

I dont think so. I think the guy wants to play on Sundays. What is his best chance to do that?.......
Yep ND or Mich. I dont care what Marvin has done this year, but face it those two teams have more to offer at WR tham Iowa does. I cant blame him for wanting a paycheck.
I don't understand. Please provide more information for your assertion.

i am confused as well yet
Michigan put WR inthe NFL while Soup was the coach
at Iowa his stamp is being put on McNutt
taking a QB and turning him into a WR on the verge of holding e very record but one for a receiver and that is running with FB,
he will be the leader in reception, receivingyards, and TD's for career stats, but iguess those are not respectable things to tout
i guess if the kid plans on breaking rule and laws and doesn't want to worry about being Diciplined; go to ND where you can get busted for dui, and Michigan or Wisc, to avoid dicipline don't let the door hit him in the *** on the way out of this state

Wide Receivers currently on NFL rosters:

Michigan - 5

Iowa - 0

.......might be one reason in Michigan's favor.

Iowa has put 12 kids into the NFL over the past 2 years. That is 3rd best in the nation.
I think Michigan's record of putting WRs in league has to do with the talent they bring in. They bring in a lot of 4 star WRs. Iowa has struggled to bring in athletic receivers which is why kids like DJK and McNutt were converted HS QBs. If we can get them to Iowa, they can make it to the NFL.

If Darboh goes elsewhere, the good news is that the 2 commits we have at WR so far, look to be very good players.

the good thing about the last couple of classes is the kid may not have the highest ranking but at least they are WR coming out of high schools and not QB or DB that have to be converted
Maybin is from Florida out of Plantation HS, not to shaby of a school,
Hillyer last year was from Texas
both of these states are loaded with talent it not that hard for a kid to be missed by the ranking scouts
and as another poster pointed out Michigan WR that went Pro were 4 or 5* WR out of HS so would hope they got in
like i said Soup took a kid not highly ranked and a former QB and turned him into a WR that will end his career as the career leader in most of every receiving record
the only one i know very little of is the rushing record by a WR

oh by the way nice try at discounting Soups ability at coaching WR's, by saying other coaches put those Recievers in the NFL
didn't know Michigan had 2-3 other WR coaches on their staff

Last edited:
as for worrying about Darbogh, no i am not, French left for Oregan
i see the FBprogram is alive and kicking
Darbogh is not a program changer
if Beckman was a instater yea that would make a difference

Latest posts