We still in the mix for Darboh

the good thing about the last couple of classes is the kid may not have the highest ranking but at least they are WR coming out of high schools and not QB or DB that have to be converted
Maybin is from Florida out of Plantation HS, not to shaby of a school,
Hillyer last year was from Texas
both of these states are loaded with talent it not that hard for a kid to be missed by the ranking scouts
and as another poster pointed out Michigan WR that went Pro were 4 or 5* WR out of HS so would hope they got in
like i said Soup took a kid not highly ranked and a former QB and turned him into a WR that will end his career as the career leader in most of every receiving record
the only one i know very little of is the rushing record by a WR

oh by the way nice try at discounting Soups ability at coaching WR's, by saying other coaches put those Recievers in the NFL
didn't know Michigan had 2-3 other WR coaches on their staff

Why are you so abrasive? As for the bolded above, maybe the kid's natural abilities had something to do with them getting to the NFL? No one is discounting Soup's coaching ability; you're just being over-the-top ridiculous.

McNutt got dominated Friday by an NFL caliber corner. Don't be so sure that you will see him on Sundays. He had a great career by Iowa receiving standards but compared to the nation's best he is no more than a top 15 receiver.

Are you saying that McNutt's lack of talent was the only reason he was shut down against Nebraska?

The entire offense played like garbage and it started with the play calling. It is easy to dominate any WR when his OC is calling bad plays and his entire offense never got into a rhythm.

I'm not saying that McNutt doesn't deserve some of the blame, but he was shut out by a defense that was dominating our entire offense and all of the sudden he is not worthy of playing on Sundays?

Maybe he won't make it at the NFL level, but I just don't think the Nebraska game is a clear indicator of that or anything to look into too much. I don't think that game shows his talent/ability.

He just needs to stop thinking about what he is going to do after the catch before he actually makes the catch. That is the reason he drops the easy ones and not the hard ones, because he has proven it isn't his lack of catching ability. The man has incredible hands... he just needs to maintain focus.

As for Darboh, I can see why he might lean towards other schools if he is a "flashy" player. DJK was a flashy guy and it was clear that he didn't quite fit in with what Ferentz wants.

The thing is... A lot of the good players at the skill position now days are flashy. I think Ferentz needs to accept that the game/culture is changing and be a little more accepting of players with the flashy personality.

Btw, by flashy I don't mean people who think they are above the rules and can do whatever they please. I think most of you know what I mean.:p

Nobody on this board or any other has any idea where he is going. That won't stop people from guessing and falsely claiming that their opinion is a fact. The short-memory crowd has already forgotten how he was a lock for ND not too long ago.

youir comment of other people put them in the NFL was over the top not mine, i am not being abrasive as you claim, i just don't like people giving credit to somebody while putting another down
HS WR as a 1* or a 5* have to be developed before making it to the NFL
and i asked how many of those 5 WR made it to the NFL before Soup left, and how many have made it after?

Latest posts