We slipped in sagarin

We will get jumped by several teams in the BCS. The computers were the only reason we were #4 last week. That said, IF we win out, the computers will have us back towards the top with a WIN at OSU..

We will get jumped by several teams in the BCS. The computers were the only reason we were #4 last week. That said, IF we win out, the computers will have us back towards the top with a WIN at OSU..

We will not get jumped because we looked horrible (to anyone who is not a hawk fan our team's play looked exposing) against indiana.

We get jumped because because of the other team's wins. Texas beat Okiest ( a rated team) SOUNDLY on the road. BOISE crushed a team that Crushed USC so their stock goes up in the puter.

EVEN IF WE WOULD HAVE BEAT INDIANA 100-0 we would still have slipped. MOst pollsters are going to see our score but that will not help because of Texas' win. The ELO CHESS doesn't factor in style points so our crappiness against indiana doesn't matter.

Agreed...More than likely even with a convincing win we will slip after NW as well...All but OSU will lower or SOS. And of course it doesn't help when ISU, MSU, Arkansas St, Michigan, lose....

We WON'T get jumped by anyone this week in the BSC. We'll be ahead of USC in the human polls and stay at #1 in the computers. All the computers see is that we covered the spread. Iowa won't move up, but they won't move down either.

After my wife and I set thru 3 quarters of the game we both said we don't care where they rank us let's get the win.Are we the best team out there,probably not but let's keep winning and the polls will take care of them selves.Regardless were going Bowling in warm weather.

Oregon may jump us in the human polls, so we won't get any help from the USC loss. The computers will drop us about a 1/2 spot on average because of SOS. I think we may fall to 5th this week.

Brad Edwards is projecting us at #5 in the new BCS rankings and Cincy moving up to #4. Not sure how a victory at Syracuse qualifies you to jump up a few spots.

Agreed...More than likely even with a convincing win we will slip after NW as well...All but OSU will lower or SOS. And of course it doesn't help when ISU, MSU, Arkansas St, Michigan, lose....

Yes, which is why I was saying last week that #4 might be the highest the Hawks would get until after the Ohio State game, if they would win that one on the road.

Just don't stress out about the BCS ranking stuff right now...not worth you losing any hair over it, because all Iowa can do is win the next game ahead of them, and keep doing it...there are so many factors out of their control for the other stuff...its fun to talk about and debate, however

It shouldn't matter that much...I don't see Cincy jumping Iowa...even if they do, as long as Iowa, PSU, OSU (except against Iowa), Wisconsin, ISU and Michigan keep winning, it'll all adjust itself out again. Besides, we should be getting used to the fact that even at 12-0 we're probably going to get left out due to our "starting point" in the polls, compared to the others who are in play and ahead of us. Oh well, just keep winning Hawks and give us a reason to say "why not us!?!?" at the end of the bowl season.

I was so happy to see a thread with some good information, instead of whining about a 9-0 team. Thanks for the update on that particular computer ranking.

As much as I enjoyed watching USC get beat, the day did not unfold the way we wanted it to unfold with MSU and Michigan, in particular, getting beaten.

Like everything else about the polls, we can't control other teams' games.

My hope is that Penn State pounds OSU next week, period. I believe we have the Big Ten wrapped up if that happens, who would have dreamed? And with a 12-0 or 11-1 overall record. IF we beat OSU, then we can argue all through Thanksgiving and beyond about the "inequities" of the BCS. If we don't, we'll still have had a magical season and a chance to finish in the top 10 with a bowl win.

It's historic no matter how you look at it, enjoy and IF we lose a game or two try and remember what this team has accomplished - it should be celebrated even if they lose, not treated as if they personally ruined your life.

Last edited:
I honestly don't care. It is highly unlikely Iowa would play for the BCS National Championship if they win out anyway......I'm just hoping the Hawks can make the Rose Bowl.

Brad Edwards is projecting us at #5 in the new BCS rankings and Cincy moving up to #4. Not sure how a victory at Syracuse qualifies you to jump up a few spots.

If they do it will be due the Human polls. The voters could vote us as the lowest rated undefeated team and even put Oregon ahead of us.

We wont get jumped.

I think we do get jumped by at least one or possibly two teams in the BCS depending on the AP poll position. We dropped signifigantly in the Sagarin rating, and are 6th in the coaches. I predict we will be 5th or 6th in the BCS...

It doesn't really matter at this point though.

I think we do get jumped by at least one or possibly two teams in the BCS depending on the AP poll position. We dropped signifigantly in the Sagarin rating, and are 6th in the coaches. I predict we will be 5th or 6th in the BCS...

It doesn't really matter at this point though.
BCS doesn't use the AP poll. Coaches, Harris, and computers are each 1/3 of the equation.

Latest posts