We open some nonbelievers eyes Saturday.

I feel better going into this one than I did last week, because I think our offense will keep getting better every week this time of year. But still feel the D will need a couple of big plays for us to win.

I'm thinking after 7 games we've pretty much shown who we are going to be. They might progressively get a "little" better from week to week (I'm thinking O-Line here), but I think we've shown that we're an average running team and an opportunistic passing team. I don't think that's going to magically change where we all of a sudden "click" and throw up 35 points this week. I just don't see it.
________
Kathleen live

Last edited:
Delusional...you are delusional. Hawks continue to fine tune, DJK and Big Mo shred Sparty's lacking D. The touted line backing crew can blitz all they want, that just leaves Tony to dominate. I smell big things from the O this weekend. BTW Bryan B, if you are listening, you are a first teamer, play like it for 4 quarters big man!!

We are due for a let-down. I think we lose a close one. Hope I am wrong.

We've had our letdown...Ark St.

I somewhat agree with the OP. With Tony back, the offense looks crisper - drawing the LBs and Safeties in. I think we hit on all cylinders at home once the O-Line gets it's timing down at the Tackles.

I'm thinking after 7 games we've pretty much shown who we are going to be. They might progressively get a "little" better from week to week (I'm thinking O-Line here), but I think we've shown that we're an average running team and an opportunistic passing team. I don't think that's going to magically change where we all of a sudden "click" and throw up 35 points this week. I just don't see it.

I would agree with this. At some point you are what you are (John Madden couldn't say that any better), and Iowa is a team that has just enough of a run game to keep teams honest, a QB that occasionally makes the Big Mistake, and a ball-hawking defense.

Obviously there are some things we would all like to see improve, but at this point of the year it's more about fine-tuning than improvement.

No, he is a troll. And he is in timeout for a month. You can click on someone's username and see all of the posts they have made. He fits the profile and its not my first rodeo.

Speaking of clicking someones user name to see their profile, it seems like you're required to open a new window to do that. Not sure if anyone has pointed that out to you yet.

We finally hit on all cylinders against the Spartans.

1st.....we wouldn't beat that "Pac-10" speed of AZ!

2nd.....we wouldn't beat Joe Pa @ the "white house."

3rd.....we wouldn't beat the "Forcier" and Rich Rod.

Then....we wouldn't win in "Mad-town."

The nation keeps on hating......and we just keep on winning - and 8-0 happens @ 9:30 Saturday Night!!!!!

23-17 Iowa

The non-believers won't jump on until a win against OSU.

Even with a strong win at MSU the national media will still find a reason rationalizing how MSU lost the game and not how Iowa won the game.

After all, according to a certain expert "...the worst 7-0 team in Big Ten history..." "...seem intent on swiping the Big Ten title with such rudimentary strategies as 'tackling' and 'picking up loose footballs'..."

I have been waiting for the Hawks to have their first complete game of the year, I thought it was going to happen last week but didn't so this week seems like it would be a great time to do so.

There is no reason for this offense to be mediocre with our O-Line and guys like Moeaki and DJK lining up. This offense is going to have to operate like an NFL offense with our current composition: Use the run to set up the pass. No need for gimmicks or over-reliance upon one aspect. Use a balanced, pro-style offense and run it efficiently and methodically.

That is who we are.

If Iowa beat MSU, Iowa will jump up to #5 or #4 in the rankings.

Many media and coaches see this as a tough challenge for the Hawks and rightfully so. Respect is earned by winning so that's exactly what needs to happen.