We need to hire a nationally recognized D-coordinator

You guys can bash me if you want. But seriously, I honestly don't think KF thinks the program is in trouble. I think he wants to make a good hire and knows that he doesn't have to be in a rush like he would be if he was working at another institution.

That is a luxury that he has working at Iowa.

We fans are freaking out, but KF isn't.

Just like he said a week or so ago. People were frustrated when he took a long time to put his staff together the first time and they will be frustrated when he does the same thing now.

He just doesn't really care if the fans are frustrated. He has a way of doing things and he isn't going to deviate from that system.

But sorry, there is NO INDICATION he thinks his program is in trouble. If you can point to one, then do so. But you won't find it.

You guys can bash me if you want. But seriously, I honestly don't think KF thinks the program is in trouble. I think he wants to make a good hire and knows that he doesn't have to be in a rush like he would be if he was working at another institution.

That is a luxury that he has working at Iowa.

We fans are freaking out, but KF isn't.

Just like he said a week or so ago. People were frustrated when he took a long time to put his staff together the first time and they will be frustrated when he does the same thing now.

He just doesn't really care if the fans are frustrated. He has a way of doing things and he isn't going to deviate from that system.

But sorry, there is NO INDICATION he thinks his program is in trouble. If you can point to one, then do so. But you won't find it.

No but Defensive recruits that were leaning toward Iowa that we desperately NEED might be interested who's taking over. Signing day is coming up ....but maybe KF doesn't know that...like him and his staff don't know when someone is going to fake a punt against them or an onside kick.

^ouch! I doubt too many of these head coaches look very far forward, usually just to the next game.

They dont look back very much but mostly in the present.

Tomorrow, Monday might be the day they really get to work on it.

Have any recruits changed from Iowa recently?

I want a defensive coordinator who stops the other team from scoring points. Weather we've heard of the guy before or not means nothing.
Exactly. He doesn't need to be a "name", just needs to be good. The longer this goes has me wondering if we are actually going outside.

You guys can bash me if you want. But seriously, I honestly don't think KF thinks the program is in trouble. I think he wants to make a good hire and knows that he doesn't have to be in a rush like he would be if he was working at another institution. That is a luxury that he has working at Iowa. We fans are freaking out, but KF isn't. Just like he said a week or so ago. People were frustrated when he took a long time to put his staff together the first time and they will be frustrated when he does the same thing now. He just doesn't really care if the fans are frustrated. He has a way of doing things and he isn't going to deviate from that system. But sorry, there is NO INDICATION he thinks his program is in trouble. If you can point to one, then do so. But you won't find it.
No but Defensive recruits that were leaning toward Iowa that we desperately NEED might be interested who's taking over. Signing day is coming up ....but maybe KF doesn't know that...like him and his staff don't know when someone is going to fake a punt against them or an onside kick.

Making the right hire is much more important than losing a recruit or two in this years class. Sorry but that's a fact.

You guys can bash me if you want. But seriously, I honestly don't think KF thinks the program is in trouble. I think he wants to make a good hire and knows that he doesn't have to be in a rush like he would be if he was working at another institution. That is a luxury that he has working at Iowa. We fans are freaking out, but KF isn't. Just like he said a week or so ago. People were frustrated when he took a long time to put his staff together the first time and they will be frustrated when he does the same thing now. He just doesn't really care if the fans are frustrated. He has a way of doing things and he isn't going to deviate from that system. But sorry, there is NO INDICATION he thinks his program is in trouble. If you can point to one, then do so. But you won't find it.

kf will sell the kid on the system, program, and position coach relationship without a dc in place. in fact a position coach is probably a bigger selling point than the dc because that is the guy they will work most closely to.

kf knows waht is going on. we have it good as a fan base. i would rather be a fan base that gets upset at a 7 win season than one that is excited over a 7 win season (cough *isu* cough). have confidence in the guy that built this machine. and that is what it is because we just replace parts and get similar results. lately we just had a few parts that didnt work out. that happens look at texas and they just reupped on mack brown's contract.

One of the things you will find funny on this board is how people will vacillate between the importance of different coaches with respect to recruiting to serve their rhetorical objective.

People will give you the, "the position coach doesn't recruit players, they recruit territories," so the position coach isn't really all that important in recruiting, he just needs to be able to recruit whatever players are in his territory.

You will have the guys that say that players come play for KF, not a position coach, like Reese Morgan.

Then you will have the guys that say that Soup will be a big draw for receivers.

It will be an outside hire. It would have been over with right after the bowl game if it were Parker or someone on staff currently. I wouldn't mind to see someone from either the 49ers or Patriots staff come in. They have it figured out. I don't mind if it is an asst. D coach from the NFL. The Hawks aren't gaining or losing recruits right now without a named DC. If the Hawks lose 1 or 2 guys (like KF has stated) said with taking time to get the right hire I'm fine with that. A program is multiple years, not just 1. They Hawks have won many games over 10+years, it isn't one year.
My first pick would be Tom Bradley but I'm starting to think it is someone who is coaching in the NFL.

Latest posts