We need to hire a nationally recognized D-coordinator

Someone else pointed this out but we should aim for an SEC assistant ....it will help recruiting and they have had some stingy defenses down south.

Someone else pointed this out but we should aim for an SEC assistant ....it will help recruiting and they have had some stingy defenses down south.

You sure it's all 'bout the D, chief? I would take a mute, quadriplegic O'Keefe calling plays by blinking his eyes over that guy from LSU based on what I saw in the National Title game.

So you think Iowa is not a good program. Of the ~120 FBS programs, where do you rank Iowa? Just ballpark it.

Here's Iowa's Sagarin final rankings per season since 2005:

2011 - 45th
2010 - 21st
2009 - 9th
2008 - 22nd
2007 - 79th
2006 - 51st
2005 - 26th

That's ok, but certainly nothing to brag about. KF's legacy is based on his 2002-2004 run. We haven't exactly torn in up since then.

Wow, the 3-4 again. We could run a 3-4 defense if we had 6 to 8 stud linebackers who can rush the passer from standup positions and especially stop the run up the middle.

I think we someone who will play the 4-3-4 but also play more 5 and 6 defensive back schemes on passing downs.

If we have fast, hard hitting safeties you can still stop the occasional 3rd and long running play with 6 defensive backs in.

Will KF be announcing anything soon!? What the hell are they doing over there in Iowa CIty.

Wow, the 3-4 again. We could run a 3-4 defense if we had 6 to 8 stud linebackers who can rush the passer from standup positions and especially stop the run up the middle. I think we someone who will play the 4-3-4 but also play more 5 and 6 defensive back schemes on passing downs. If we have fast, hard hitting safeties you can still stop the occasional 3rd and long running play with 6 defensive backs in.

Your sarcasm meter maybe broken.

I've thought it would be Phil Parker from the day they announced Norm's retirement, but at this point, I'm not sure what's taking so long. I think the 2 weeks have past since the job was posted, but heard somewhere (maybe even here,) that they have extended the timeline. Maybe KF truly is weighing all his options.

FO SHO! Don't hold your breath for Iowa to hire someone from PSU anytime in the next 5 years though. He could be the best out there, but Iowa won't touch him with a 10 ft. pole. Parker anyone. They don't even have to change the last name on the name tag to his office. It could be just maybe that Woods is what we have been missing, and we all know when our d-line dominates are defense is great so just maybe Parker is the best fit. I'm making an effort to be optimistic, so now you can tear me back down to size.

Wait, is this a Mike Stoops reference? Are we back in the hunt?

..couldn't resist

But are you serious? Really think we can get him? Wow.

Now I am excited again. We need his energy and fire on the sideline!

StoopsStoopsStoops!

Not that it will happen, but I wouldn't mind the Zooker as DC. His D's were pretty good and he can recruit like no other. When he doesn't have to worry about the offense and can just coach the D he isn't that bad of a coach.

Don't forget effective defensive schemes.

You are so full of ****. The defensive scheme works. It’s worked for Iowa in the past and it’s worked for teams in college and pro football all over the country. If the scheme was so bad, then why do so many teams use it?

Here's Iowa's Sagarin final rankings per season since 2005:
2011 - 45th
2010 - 21st
2009 - 9th
2008 - 22nd
2007 - 79th
2006 - 51st
2005 - 26th

That's ok, but certainly nothing to brag about. KF's legacy is based on his 2002-2004 run. We haven't exactly torn in up since then.

That’s all fine and good, but computers can’t watch the games, so those rankings don’t mean a whole lot to me.

Nothing wrong necessarily with hiring a "name coach", but that in itself isn't the answer. Steve Alford was a name hire, but we all know that didn't really work out too well for the hoops program.

What this program needs is a good coach, who can recruit and relate to the players. It doesn't really matter if nobody has ever heard of the guy.

Just my 2 cents.

KF has had plenty of time I HOPE to have his short list ready. He knew this day was coming even before Norm announced his retirement. KF had to wait the certain time period for the job posting. Then he has other crap going on.

Now he is at coaches conferences. He will get to it.

But my bet is he wants to talk to a couple of other people. Why would a zooker be a DC at Iowa for even 400,000 when if he likes the HC gigs he can probably get close to a million coaching a mid level team. If anyone will take him.

Other coaches can call the recruits once the dead time ends and recruiting will be good.

Not that it will happen, but I wouldn't mind the Zooker as DC. His D's were pretty good and he can recruit like no other. When he doesn't have to worry about the offense and can just coach the D he isn't that bad of a coach.
Hmmm. He was out-recruited by Ferentz a few times, and we know what many think about Ferentz as a recruiter.

Latest posts