We lost a great Hawk fan last week...

Thomzahawke

During a tragic boating accident while fishing last week my Dad lost his life. He was a U of I grad, 45 year season ticket holder and more importantly a fantastic husband, father, grandfather and great grandfather. I was able to spend last Saturday night enjoying another Hawkeye victory with him. In fact his last days were spent fishing and enjoying life the way he did with his 3 sons, sons in law, a grandson and nephew. He will be greatly missed.

Wow. Really sorry to hear that Thom. Just think though, he could be up there talkin Hawks with Nile Kinnick. Best wishes to u an your family.

Sorry to read of your loss. That does sound very tragic. My thoughts and prayers go out to your Dad and those he has left behind.

Very, very sorry for your loss. It sounds like your dad did a lot of things right during his time here and by extension made at least his corner of the world a much better place. As a father myself that is all I can hope to get out my time here, i'm sure your dad felt the same way.

My condoences go out to you and your family for your loss with the comfort of knowing that you were/ are lucky to have been blessed with a great father.

Sorry to hear of your loss. I can only hope to go out with my boots on. Sounds like he was a great man, and instilled in you the same great qualities. It's a good reminder to all of us to be kind to everyone around us, and not sweat the small things in life. We all know God is a Hawkeye so I'm sure he was welcomed with open arms.

Hawk fans lets honer this great man and Hawk fan, and keep this thread bumped to the top of the board this week.

Just remember Thom, we never truly lose great Hawk fans...they just get a better view of the games is all...thoughts and prayers to you and your entire family.

Wow, thoughts and prayers to your family.

Try to remember all the great times you shared, like last Saturday.

Truly sorry for your loss

Sorry to hear about your loss. You don't normally think of fishing as a contact sport, but my grandfather was a professional contest fisherman and had plenty of stories about fishing tragedies. Still, as others have said, it is good to move on doing what you love with the people you love.

To Thomzahawke and family,

We’ve never met but please call me friend.
I stand with head bowed knowing in my heart
We have many things in common
From beginning to end.

I offer my words of friendship and condolence
In honor of your father and your family
For the love and joy that you all have shared
And in his memory which you will all share forever.

Be strong, good friend, and live life with joy in your heart, in his honor.

Albie

Tomxahawke, you're father was a great person as well as a good Hawk!! I used to do business at his bank & always enjoyed dealing with him. Tragic loss - as has been suggested by other posters, remember the good times!!!!!

Thomzahawke,

It can never be easy to lose a parent or close loved one, as you have found out. Especially in something as sudden as an accident. Hold your memories and his aspirations for life close to you as you continue to live yours. Prayers to you and your family is this difficult time.

I'm sorry for your loss but know that you have T's and P's from all your fellow Hawkeye faithful.

Tomxahawke, you're father was a great person as well as a good Hawk!! I used to do business at his bank & always enjoyed dealing with him. Tragic loss - as has been suggested by other posters, remember the good times!!!!!

Carney...thank you for your personal referece. That means a lot to me as do all of the other thoughts expressed within this thread. Thank you.

So sorry to hear about your loss....God Bless to you and your family; you all will be in my families thoughts and prayers... Your Dad will be shining down on the Hawks... Once again Sorry to hear about your loss.. God Bless..

Condolences to you and your family. Not easy to lose someone so full of life and a leader to his family. You cannot replace people like this in your life, they are too unique, too special. You are very fortunate however to have had someone like your father in you life though.

"When we are born, everyone is looking down at us & smiling while we are crying.
We live our lives so that when we die, while everyone is crying, we are looking down on them & smiling"

One of my all time favorite quotes.

My sincere condolences to you & your family.

Latest posts