We just need some HOPE

EckoHawk

Apathy has beyond set in....the fanbase is crying for the adminstration to give this basketball team some hope. We need to make the change alerady before we become Brooks. Even Red learned that HOPE IS A GOOD THING!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K30e9O3Nng"]YouTube- Shawshank Redemption - Hope is a good thing...[/ame]

The safest bet on the quickest road to recovery is to stay the course one more year and then reevaluate.

Bad losses are emotional , I get that. Apathy has set in, I get that.

If we make changes now, chances are we only go backwards once again.

Let's see how the off season goes. Lets see how the new reecruits and full roster works next season. If there is not enough progress to clearly see we are moving forward then lets cut lose.

By next year we should be close to the end of the renovations. If this staff is moving in the right direction, that will help their cause. If this staff is not moving in the right direction the renovations will possibly help attract a better coach, and possibly give that coach a little recruiting momentum going into his first class.

There is no sure fire answer but to me it seems obvious that the best bet on the quickest fix is stay the course. Timing is wrong on every leven right now. Heck last year would have been better timing to make a change than this season.

The safest bet on the quickest road to recovery is to stay the course one more year and then reevaluate.

Let's see how the off season goes. Lets see how the new reecruits and full roster works next season. If there is not enough progress to clearly see we are moving forward then lets cut lose.

By next year we should be close to the end of the renovations. If this staff is moving in the right direction, that will help their cause. If this staff is not moving in the right direction the renovations will possibly help attract a better coach, and possibly give that coach a little recruiting momentum going into his first class.

There is no sure fire answer but to me it seems obvious that the best bet on the quickest fix is stay the course. Timing is wrong on every leven right now. Heck last year would have been better timing to make a change than this season.

How much farther back do you think we can go for cryin out loud.. our best player wants the season over.. I don't ever remember that coming from any players in my 40 plus years of following the Hawks..

I myself have thought that way to but I'm ready for a change. If a guy can be brought in that can retain the current players and keep the recruits committed I see no reason why a change can't be made. Honestly, I think the current players and recruits would be excited to see who Batra could get for them to play for.

I have been watching the Hawks since the 50s and I can never remember a player saying something like that before the season was over.

Gatens just doesn't want to play bb anymore this year. BB is supposed to be fun and he has had 2 years of this garbage. If he transferred I wouldn't blame him one bit. I would like to see him have some fun before he graduates. I would like to see him go to the NCAA tournament and experience the excitement. Next year might be too late for Matt to leave and the results are going to be similar. He needs to sit down and take a close assessment of his future IMO and decide what is best for him because this program is going nowhere.

Did you see Bohannon last night. What a great decision that kid ended up making as much as I hate to say that. Look at what he got to experience. Look at his last game and the experience and then look at Iowa. I wouldn't blame half of these kids if they just packed it in and said good-bye to Iowa.

My problem with this team isn't that I've given up on the kids. My problem is the Lick system sucks and I can't stand to watch them play. I could tolerate losing every game if I was truly enjoying watching them play, but the only thing worse than losing is losing playing one of the most boring styles of play imaginable. Even if the system worked I still couldn't picture myself enjoying the style of play.

Hope is for lazyarse dreamers who sit around waiting for something to fall in their lap.

hope.jpg

Hope is for lazyarse dreamers who sit around waiting for something to fall in their lap.

I have hope that my cousin gets rid of the cancer that is infecting his 10 year old body - that's not being a lazyassed dreamer, it's putting faith into something.

My problem with this team isn't that I've given up on the kids. My problem is the Lick system sucks and I can't stand to watch them play. I could tolerate losing every game if I was truly enjoying watching them play, but the only thing worse than losing is losing playing one of the most boring styles of play imaginable. Even if the system worked I still couldn't picture myself enjoying the style of play.

Welcome to the club...the style of basketball this team plays basically throws the past 20-30 years of basketball progress in the dumpster. On a side note does anyone know if Iowa high school basketball still not use a shot clock? That is a problem for me regarding basketball in Iowa for me...

And a lack of hope is the trademark of a bandwagon fan. I'm not accusing you of that, this is the first time I've seen you post, so I won't profess to know exactly how you feel about the program overall. But it's true: bandwagoners hop off at the first sign of trouble, and immediately decree whatever they once supported as "garbage, crap, etc."

I'm not going to tolerate another year like this one. But I do feel like next year is going to be better, noticeably so. If it's not, then I will join in the "Fire Lickliter" chorus. But I feel there's reason to hope for one more year. As someone said, how much worse can we get? Why not hold on for one more year, when there appears to be a glimmer of hope? It's not going to hurt us any.

I have hope that my cousin gets rid of the cancer that is infecting his 10 year old body - that's not being a lazyassed dreamer, it's putting faith into something.

Hey man, I'm sorry to hear that. I'll say a prayer for your cousin. It's what I can do.

My point is that if you are this team and you are sitting are "hoping" to win games then you are already somewhat defeated and desparate. You train, you practice, your execute and you walk into a game "knowing" you are going to win even if that is not the outcome in the end. That is how winners roll.

Hey man, I'm sorry to hear that. I'll say a prayer for your cousin. It's what I can do.

My point is that if you are this team and you are sitting are "hoping" to win games then you are already somewhat defeated and desparate. You train, you practice, your execute and you walk into a game "knowing" you are going to win even if that is not the outcome in the end. That is how winners roll.
Thanks, I appreciate that.

As fan, though, what can we do? We can't go out and shoot jump shots or run stairs. We have to hope for the best right now because that's the position we are stuck in. It sucks.

What I am getting at is that fandom is based on hope. I dont feel any hope for our program unless Todd Lickliter is removed.

Does this mean Iowa bb fans have to crawl thru 500 yards of disgusting human feces to get to that coveted Big Ten Title ....like Andy DuFraine? Are Lick -directed offensive slugfests the sewer we need to negogiate?...what is on the other end of that pipe? A new coach that can inspire fans and players and recruits and lead us to the promised land? HOPE you are right.

Latest posts