We just need some HOPE

Thanks, I appreciate that.

As fan, though, what can we do? We can't go out and shoot jump shots or run stairs. We have to hope for the best right now because that's the position we are stuck in. It sucks.

I take the time to email the guy in charge, Gary Barta. Afterall, he is the one who makes the decisions. I don't send crazy hate mail, but clear facts and points for Gary Barta to ponder. That is what I do, and I would urge everyone else to do the same whether you support or oppose his actions. I would think by this action Gary Barta would move in support of the majority whatever that may be. At least I think that would be the smart thing for Gary Barta to do.

Other than that I don't think there is much a person can do other than watch and see what happens. I agree that it does suck though. I stopped watching the game halfway through the first half last night in favor of Frisky Dingo season. I'd rather laugh and be happy, than be pizzed off and depressed about the Hawkeyes.

Maybe they will play better against the Gophers, but if it starts off like the Wisconsin game I'm turning the channel.

The safest bet on the quickest road to recovery is to stay the course one more year and then reevaluate.

Bad losses are emotional , I get that. Apathy has set in, I get that.

If we make changes now, chances are we only go backwards once again.

Let's see how the off season goes. Lets see how the new reecruits and full roster works next season. If there is not enough progress to clearly see we are moving forward then lets cut lose.

By next year we should be close to the end of the renovations. If this staff is moving in the right direction, that will help their cause. If this staff is not moving in the right direction the renovations will possibly help attract a better coach, and possibly give that coach a little recruiting momentum going into his first class.

There is no sure fire answer but to me it seems obvious that the best bet on the quickest fix is stay the course. Timing is wrong on every leven right now. Heck last year would have been better timing to make a change than this season.

Just how do you know thats going to be true? I think a new coach with the right style could resurrect this team and it's desire to play.
C'mon the kids have proven time and again they don't enjoy the style Lick is trying to put over on them. Take a close look at the body language of the kids these last 2 games, it really tells a story.

I don't know it's true. I do however think that it is true. I was one of the lone voices back during Alfords last couple of years saying the same thing. At that time I said our program was fragile and changing coaches would likely set us back a couple of years and I wasn;t sure we could survive.

I was hammered for my opinion back then.

I am not sold that Lickliter is the answer, but I'm not sold that he is not. All I am saying is that right now timing is terrible to make a change.

After the defections last year, I think we could have made the change. With another poor season next year I think we can make the change.

After next year a new coach would have the benefit of a new practice facility to come in with some momentum, as well as a decent returning roster even if he had a few defections.

We as a fan base have shown that we have no more tolerance for a rebuild, so who ever comes in they had better take off fast and next year is a better year to do that if it needs to be done.

I'm sill not sure it will need to be done though.

Latest posts