We have to think bigger than ISU, UNI, and Drake

We need our tune-up games too ISUcy08.....just like Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, etc. We can do better than your team for our bigger games.

Hey ISUFB if you could not play in your Superbowl against Iowa, would Kansas or UNI take the place as your Superbowl in basketball? Would it be Oklahoma or Texas in football? Would Drake fit in at all in the mix?

How did you like the year without playing Nebraska in football?

Hey ISUFB if you could not play in your Superbowl against Iowa, would Kansas or UNI take the place as your Superbowl in basketball? Would it be Oklahoma or Texas in football? Would Drake fit in at all in the mix?

How did you like the year without playing Nebraska in football?

ISU averaged over 100% of "capacity" for the season in FB. No need for Nebraska this year as we have been competitive with them the last few seasons and took down OSU instead. If I remember correctly, there were more fans at the TX game than the UofI game this year.

While I dont' subscribe to one specific team as our "Superbowl" in basketball, if I must pick a team, I would put the Kansas game in that category (not UofI). Even through the recent struggles the KU-ISU games in Hilton have been close over the last 2 decades. And, if I remember correctly, the first 10 years of the Big XII ISU had 3 wins in Phog-Allen (50% of KU's BigXII home losses).

As I said earlier, I could apply all your logic to the ISU situation as well. I could argue that the UofI game only drags down ISU's schedule and gives TavernHawks something to brag about if UofI happens to pull out a win. You have said nothing here that couldn't be applied to a Cyclones point of view.

However, I believe in rivalries. Not the "created" kind that the media has tried to turn the UofI/NU game into or the pre-defined rivalry that the Big 10 assigned to PU/UofI, but a natural "I hope we beat you so that I don't have to listen to you spout off all year" type of rivalry. As I believe in that, I think the series between ISU and UofI should continue.

Haydenhawk, you've been flaming hard in this thread for like three days now. There comes a point where it's just time to let it go. That time would be now

and you clones have been circling around like buzzards for days (which only proves in small sample size how important it is for you guys to continue this series). It isn't there anything to talk about over on clone nation? Don't you have a cold bowl game to prepare for?

I will conclude with us. It is out of our hands. Whatever happens is going to happen. Whether it be a tournament, we don't play each other annually, or whatever. I'm just proud the direction that Fran has alluded to he wants our program to go in. Thinking bigger and outside our little box (including the other state schools) is certainly fine by me. Go Hawks!

I've heard woman say that bigger is better. But a woman with a big vagina isn't sought after. What's up with that? Double standard in my book.

I've heard woman say that bigger is better. But a woman with a big vagina isn't sought after. What's up with that? Double standard in my book.

That is by far THE most greatest response I have seen on this site!

Last edited:

Latest posts