We Don't Have the Market Cornered

The Iowa fan base doesn't have anymore of a meltdown than any other fan base. Some people just like to build it up as so. Meltdown's happen with every fan base and many much more severe than Iowa's.

True. But it was Auburn, and their own field, with a 24-0 lead.

Imagine if ISU was ranked #1, in the same division as Iowa, and that scenario happened at Kinnick.

didn't that happen in 2002?

(sans the #1 ranking & same division thing? which kept us from going to the National Title game?)

No, it didn't. Iowa wasn't ranked, it wasn't the last game of the year, and ISU wasnt (still isn't) in the same conference.

which is why i put all of that in the parenthesis. I think you know my point, but i'll play dumb too.

Similarities:
-They are as big a rival as auburn (and in-state to boot!).
-ISU always plays it as if it's their superbowl. we should too.
-we were winning by a large sum at half.

do you get my point now?

Wow. These Crimson D-bags seem to forget that they won the friggin National Championship less than a year ago. At least it gives some perspective on how fans lose their marbles at times.

which is why i put all of that in the parenthesis. I think you know my point, but i'll play dumb too.

Similarities:

do you get my point now?

No, I got your point the first time. I don't agree with it.

I read the whole thing again. It's hilarious. Multiple references to defecating in the bed. Suicide. Alcohol induced liver failure. Rhodes Scholars. Priceless!

Similarities:

do you get my point now?

No, no, no, no, no. This is exactly the same thing as saying ISU-Iowa is as intense as OSU-Michigan, or Georgia Tech-Georgia, or USC-UCLA, or Texas A&M-UT. It's not even close. Not even close. People don't shoot, fight and kill each other over ISU-Iowa like they do over Auburn-Alabama.

Don't mean to single you out, as Shada's comparison also caught my attention. But it's just not even a competition, at all.

That being said, those meltdown posts were awesome.

Similarities:
-They are as big a rival as auburn (and in-state to boot!). -ISU always plays it as if it's their superbowl. we should too.

do you get my point now?

LOL

They only call it a meltdown around here because ISU fans establish such low expectations of themselves and revel in Iowa's disappointments much more than their own success. They rarely pay attention their own team once you turn the calendar to October, well unless they beat Texas or Nebraska then they establish impromptu pep rallies for 150 people or YouTube themselves in the lockerroom after a team hands them 8 TO's and barely squeak out their biggest W in many generations. Unfortunately they pay attention to us more as the season progresses...they watch in quiet envy during 2008 and 2009, this year they get to giggle and embellish our frustrations and make it sound a whole lot worse than it really is.

Similarities:

do you get my point now?

Not even close.

i apologize in advance for being a little harsh here, but is this really your assessment of the Auburn-Alabama rivalry? Everyone knows they are way more bitter rivals than Iowa and ISU. Also, Auburn is in Alabama, making it an in-state rivalry. Again, by being a fan passionate enough to post on sites like these it is assumed you know the BASICS of College Football.

;)

Similarities:

do you get my point now?

lol this is great!

I don't know what's funnier, your whole argument or the fact that you think you had a point. I don't mean to be harsh, but I think you're WAY off.

Last edited:

Latest posts