We don't deserve an NCAA berth

As a homer, and I am a declared homer. You, sir, do not deserve to be a hawk fan. Yeah, we made some poor decisions and missed some shots. But in the end those young men played their butts off against a very good and what will be a highly swede MSU team. I'm not going to blame the refs but holy crap they sucked. Watching big ten games with iow and games without them I cannot believe hey let valentine continue to officiate in the big ten. In small town Iowa he might be shot officiating a high school ball game the way he does games now. I still believe we deserve to be in the dance but I think the NIT might be better for our young team as much as I would love to see Eric May get his chance at the dance.

I knew a high swede once upon a time.
MF could par-ti.

This team is missing leadership on the floor. When MSU made their run we looked scared, nobody stepped up and made shots, we passed the ball around the arc and lost all the flow we had on O. Did the crappy calls hurt? Yes, but we should have been able to overcome those. Once again our lack of shot creation got us. Feel bad for May but this team still needs to grow up. They have come along way but it should have never come down to needing to beat MSU to get into the tourney. That is something I hope the team remembers heading into next year.

Bottom line, MSU & Izzo knw how to win when it counts. Confidence and coaching. We hoped for the Hawks, but knew in our brains that if was close, Izzo's team would beat the Hawks. Hawks lose the close ones because the team has not learned how to "finish" games. Fran hoped the team would learn how to do this in the preseason with the easiest schedule in the history of college ball, but that didn't work(2 terrible preseason losses cost the team a bid) . The guys with the ball in their hands last night (Clemmons & Marble) had 9 turnovers. They had a poor offense vs. a tough man to man D in 2nd half. It sucks missing the Dance again, but at least hoops team is on the upswing and will be competitive for the next few seasons at a minimum. Wish I could say that about Hawks football team or the Cubs.

LOL and if we had one maybe two of those five we would be in and deservingly so.

Sorry I wasn't clear with my post. I meant they would win a grand total of 2 between them. People say we shouldn't be in because we couldn't beat those teams but the last 4 in wouldn't beat them either.

Latest posts