We don't deserve an NCAA berth

Do I agree with every call? No. Do I feel like we got a fair shake and had every opportunity to win that game? Yes.

Fair enough. Do you think it was a well officiated game though, considering your background? No Iowa or MSU ties, how did the crew do?

I hope Iowa finds some motivation for the NIT - that might be hard cause they poured a lot into this game.

Look at it this way, you could be Minney-sucking-sota. Talk about an UNdeserving dance bid. (sorry have to take it out on a team worse than us right now)

not calling the foul on marble's three is inexcusable. Then they call a foul on marble on the very next play when sparty lost control of the ball. The players lost this game. The officiating was completely inexcusable at times.

I hope Iowa finds some motivation for the NIT - that might be hard cause they poured a lot into this game.

Look at it this way, you could be Minney-sucking-sota. Talk about an UNdeserving dance bid. (sorry have to take it out on a team worse than us right now)

This isn't a team full of seniors, the fact they get to keep playing basketball and practicing should be enough for them.

Fair enough. Do you think it was a well officiated game though, considering your background? No Iowa or MSU ties, how did the crew do?

If they are going to call White for that foul that late in the game, Marble should get the same call. Iowa had opportunities earlier in the game to expand their lead and they didn't. The refs are never 100% responsible for a loss, but it just takes one or two missed calls at the right time to ruin 36 minutes of a well played game.

On the whole I have no issues. The B10 wants a physical game. Part of the problem with that is it leads to inconsistency at times just by the nature of it. Again I thought we got a fair shake and the game was decided by the ten on the floor, and that's all you can ever ask of a crew.

The AD needs to turn down the NIT bid, let them sit home on their hands and maybe they will get it through their heads that there is no such thing as a moral victory.

Ths is because the average basketball fan understands less about basketball officiating than the average fan of any other sport.

Hey, I get momentum and MSU putting pressure on us and us not responding the way a great team would...I get the doubt that comes from that. But if you think the last 7 minutes of officiating didn't favor Sparty, you are a freaking moron. White never touched Harris on the last shot with them up one...Marble got bumped on the 3 to end the game. If you are going to call one, you have to call the other. That was some of the worst officiating I've seen in a long time, but the reality is you need to be better than an officiating crew impacting the game and we aren't. Bottom line, we don't have a go to guy that can keep us up or in those games.

Fran needs to get off his *** and take the freaking T, and let it go from there. He needs to do something to change the situation where every call is going against his team. At some point, you have to say enough is enough, I have my teams back.

On the whole I have no issues. The B10 wants a physical game. Part of the problem with that is it leads to inconsistency at times just by the nature of it. Again I thought we got a fair shake and the game was decided by the ten on the floor, and that's all you can ever ask of a crew.

You say on the whole, but how many individual calls would you say were blown? And at what crucial moments? For instance, the missed shot clock violation that was obvious in the first half cost Iowa 2 points, was that a good call?

Does anyone know any ref groupies besides Duff?

What the **** is a ref groupie? Because I have a better understanding of officiating than the average mouth bringing poster ******** about officiating after a loss I'm a groupie? Maybe I'm a little more educated in the matter because I worked about 130 games this year ranging from 3rd graders to college. Maybe that's it.

You say on the whole, but how many individual calls would you say were blown? And at what crucial moments? For instance, the missed shot clock violation that was obvious in the first half cost Iowa 2 points, was that a good call?
It wasn't called. It would have been a missed call. Come on catch up ref you missed this.

What the **** is a ref groupie? Because I have a better understanding of officiating than the average mouth bringing poster ******** about officiating after a loss I'm a groupie? Maybe I'm a little more educated in the matter because I worked about 130 games this year ranging from 3rd graders to college. Maybe that's it.

Duff reffed a 3rd grade game so he knows more about basketball than us, so back off.

On the whole I have no issues. The B10 wants a physical game. Part of the problem with that is it leads to inconsistency at times just by the nature of it. Again I thought we got a fair shake and the game was decided by the ten on the floor, and that's all you can ever ask of a crew.[/QUOTE

How good is the weed you are smoking Duff? You must be flying high. How do you explain the Harris call and the Marble no call? One got hit the other didn't. You can't call one and not the other. Those guys blew it big time. I'm not making excuses for Iowa...they blew it too, but they didn't need to get the hose on some close call either.

All this ref talk is silly. There are no perfectly called games. White DOES flail a lot on D. He gets called. His foot work and body position are often not great. It is a Hawk problem.

Victim University?

LOL you crack me up Duff

Obiously the shot clock call stands out. I can see the no call on the marble jumper as he clearly jumped into the defender to draw contact. The MSU defender wasn't verticle there either, but sometimes trying to draw a foul has the opposite effect. If you put pressure on an official to make a call sometimes you don't like the outcome.

My biggest complaint is MSU got away with too much on the perimeter late.

On the whole I have no issues. The B10 wants a physical game. Part of the problem with that is it leads to inconsistency at times just by the nature of it. Again I thought we got a fair shake and the game was decided by the ten on the floor, and that's all you can ever ask of a crew.[/QUOTE

How good is the weed you are smoking Duff? You must be flying high. How do you explain the Harris call and the Marble no call? One got hit the other didn't. You can't call one and not the other. Those guys blew it big time. I'm not making excuses for Iowa...they blew it too, but they didn't need to get the hose on some close call either.

White hacked Harris. He hit him on the left elbow and disrupted the whole shot

Latest posts