We don't deserve an NCAA berth

DuffMan

We just can't get it done against good competition in crunch time. We are what, 0-5 against good teams in late close games? There's no shame in not being good enough, but we just weren't.

No they don't. Fran has some serious work to do to get this team up for the JV tournament. Even at home I see a one and done. Particularly in MG is hurt.

I don't think that's accurate. I don't think they've **** anything away. I just don't think they are good enough.

As a homer, and I am a declared homer. You, sir, do not deserve to be a hawk fan. Yeah, we made some poor decisions and missed some shots. But in the end those young men played their butts off against a very good and what will be a highly swede MSU team. I'm not going to blame the refs but holy crap they sucked. Watching big ten games with iow and games without them I cannot believe hey let valentine continue to officiate in the big ten. In small town Iowa he might be shot officiating a high school ball game the way he does games now. I still believe we deserve to be in the dance but I think the NIT might be better for our young team as much as I would love to see Eric May get his chance at the dance.

By you sir I mean Xerxes. How can you say that after the game they played tonight. Winning seven of the last ten.

I am going to blame the refs. The most physical team in the country makes an amazing comeback in the 2nd half and only commits 6 fouls. Come on man, that was awful. Yes, we folded under the pressure, but when you know every call is going to go against you, that happens. This is why I rarely watch basketball anymore, the refs at all levels are the worst of any sport, blind little league umpires do a better job than Big Ten basketball officials.

As a homer, and I am a declared homer. You, sir, do not deserve to be a hawk fan. Yeah, we made some poor decisions and missed some shots. But in the end those young men played their butts off against a very good and what will be a highly swede MSU team. I'm not going to blame the refs but holy crap they sucked. Watching big ten games with iow and games without them I cannot believe hey let valentine continue to officiate in the big ten. In small town Iowa he might be shot officiating a high school ball game the way he does games now. I still believe we deserve to be in the dance but I think the NIT might be better for our young team as much as I would love to see Eric May get his chance at the dance.
Drunk?

We just can't get it done against good competition in crunch time. We are what, 0-5 against good teams in late close games? There's no shame in not being good enough, but we just weren't.

There are 65 teams in the tourney...you don't think Iowa should be in one of those spots because they lost in the last minute of 5 games against ranked teams? 3 of those 5 are against top 10 competition and the other 2 are top 25 or were at the time.

It's disappointing now doubt, but to say they don't deserve to be in just because of this game isn't right.

This team is young and just a year away. Just part of the growth process for the program. Hopefully they can make a nice run in the NIT. I can see them possibly getting to the Final 4 of the NIT in New York if the team shows up motivated to play in that tourney.

I am going to blame the refs. The most physical team in the country makes an amazing comeback in the 2nd half and only commits 6 fouls. Come on man, that was awful. Yes, we folded under the pressure, but when you know every call is going to go against you, that happens. This is why I rarely watch basketball anymore, the refs at all levels are the worst of any sport, blind little league umpires do a better job than Big Ten basketball officials.

Ths is because the average basketball fan understands less about basketball officiating than the average fan of any other sport.

There are 65 teams in the tourney...you don't think Iowa should be in one of those spots because they lost in the last minute of 5 games against ranked teams? 3 of those 5 are against top 10 competition and the other 2 are top 25 or were at the time.

It's disappointing now doubt, but to say they don't deserve to be in just because of this game isn't right.

No, we don't deserve to be in the tourney because we had five shots, and missed them all. It was a collective fail, not a one night fail.

Our resume doesn't, I have no doubt we are one of the 35 best teams in the nation though. Oh well, it sucks that it won't happen this year, but the program is in great shape overall. I couldn't be happier with the job Fran is doing,

Ths is because the average basketball fan understands less about basketball officiating than the average fan of any other sport.

Nice try Paco, I challenge you to a game of one on one right now. Just because I am more athletic, cuter, and faster than you and you can't keep up and see what happens in a game when you officiate doesn't mean I won't throw you a bone. I have played, officiated, and coached, and it isn't my fault you don't make enough money at your day job that you have to officiate games for extra money.

Michigan State by virtue of being Michigan State gets the calls. It was obvious in this game. A player literally crashed down on Marble while he was shooting and no call yet White gets called with a ticky-tack foul during the most crucial part of the game. What are we missing?

Nice try Paco, I challenge you to a game of one on one right now. Just because I am more athletic, cuter, and faster than you and you can't keep up and see what happens in a game when you officiate doesn't mean I won't throw you a bone. I have played, officiated, and coached, and it isn't my fault you don't make enough money at your day job that you have to officiate games for extra money.
Is there a like button. Well said.

Latest posts